LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DETOX FOOT PADS---YES OR NO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DETOX FOOT PADS---YES OR NO
Rose H.
Member # 13650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose H.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seeking information as to usefullness and dangers if any of detox pads. What criteria should I use to determine their application, which one to buy,where to buy and how often to use.

I have only been under treatment with Dr C for approx 75 days and I am struggling to learn my way.

Thank you

Posts: 11 | From Muscatine, Iowa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search on them here, you should too. Some report feeling better, some report feeling worse others nothing happened.

I decided against them for now, in case it did worsen my symptoms.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose H.
Member # 13650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose H.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did try to search before I wrote my message but I was not able to find much. Lack of search experience I'm sure

I tried medical search---Detox foot pads. Any help on how I went wrong?

Posts: 11 | From Muscatine, Iowa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if this is true than bottled water should produce "black" pads.

I know that pads did something negative to me, I dont need someones opinion.

Just like when I tell people that sugar gives me stabbing burning pains. They think diabetes.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not going to cure Lyme - that's for sure.

I liked using them but I didn't think it did a whole lot. As far as the claims - who knows?

The brand called Acu-peds seemed to have more herbs as opposed to fillers.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD recommended that I give them a try. I tried them and they help with my leg pain which sometimes gets so bad I can't sleep. They are obviously doing something.

Those who have never tried them can cry scam all they want but they have no way of knowing one way or the other if they work or not. Just because they don't think the concept is plausible does not mean that they are correct.

My LLMD does not sell the pads and has nothing to gain by recommending them. I can't say without a doubt that they work for detox but they do allow me to get more sleep which is very helpful to my healing.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them, and have used them a lot!

No adverse effects--quite the contrary. I had definite lowering of "brain fog."

No, they don't cure Lyme.

But, Lyme produces lots of toxins, and these seem to help get rid of the toxins.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them too.

If you buy from health marvels, they are very inexpensive.

Everything done for lyme is experimental including antibiotics, so I see no harm and little expense in trying them.

Less than 1.00 per pad.

You may like them, feel they do nothing or feel a negative impact. Let us know your results.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny B, I'm with you on the sauna. That has been the best investment in the treatment process, so far.

We tried the pads for several months. They never got any lighter after using them that long. My daughter sweats a lot any way.

At first, it seem to have helped with toxin build up in her legs that caused itchiness.

But, that was shortlived. We found that to be a herx symptom that is better relieved with hot Aveeno baths, and drinking lots of water and lemon/olive oil drinks.

It's a cheap enough experiement, if you really want to try it.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried 3 different kinds.

Two of them did nothing for me.

The third, podi patches....helped.

Podi patches were recommended by my lyme doc.

I tried the others because they were less expensive.

But, I just learned that podi patches are the same as the others at this until the end of the month.

AKG Naturals
P.O. Box 335415
N Las Vegas, NV 89033
(310) 918 - 6564
www.akgnaturals.com

I am using them now. I was one of the people who won the yearly raffle for a free months' supply.

Once again the pads are black and gunky.

I have more energy than usual...still need to go a long ways before I am back to my normal self.

When I had the funds to use them in the beginning of this illness...

I think it was two or three months before the pads became light enough to go to the $50 a month program.

But, funds ran out so it is hit and miss now.

Going to go back and read some of the other posts. Looks like there is good info there.

But for now, I am going to go put my foot detox patches on for the night. [Smile]

[ 13. January 2008, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't do those ionic foot baths- they are a scam- they will turn color without your feet in them!!! At the county fair this last year we did the Lyme booth opposite a guy and his wife selling them and they turn color WITHOUT the feet if you do it just like you do WITH the feet!
So... peopple THINK the color change is due to toxins or whatnot but it is just due to the chemical change without the feet-

One of our group memebrs did it and was oohing and aaahing over the color change and I showed her the offical booklet they had, in the back, where it said, "Note: color change will happen without feet due to chemical reaction blah blah blah" right after the people had been telling her, "Yeah, the change is due to the toxins leaving your system." Just lying to her.
They were just trying to make a buck, I know, but I don't like liars- lying- ugh!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't tried them, but the pads seem like bad science to me.
Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot comment on the foot pads since I do promote them through my web site.

However, I can comment on the ionic foot baths and can tell you that they are supported by Dr. K and Dr. L.C. and others.

The suggestion that they do nothing is one not likely based on any research or experience. I prefer to make decisions based on reseach and information.

The water DOES turn colors without feet in them. It is not the color of the water that matters. The foot baths will pull out toxins through the feet but more importantly, liver and kidney detoxification is increased for a couple of days afterwards.

An excellent source of data from someone that has done research on this can be found here:

http://biotoolsforwellness.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RoadRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.betterhealthguy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=61

read this then.

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

Posts: 2630 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuLuFlorida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuLuFlorida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first bought detox footpads I was a skeptic. I have to say though that they helped reduce my nerve pain tremendously by removing toxins for my legs. I buy the brand from http://www.healthmarvels.net/ and have tried many colors. For me the blue seem to work the best and then the gold.

Hope this helps,
Lindsay

--------------------
"One day at a time"

Current:
-1.2 IM bicillin three times a week
-1.25 IV Vancomycin every day
-IV glutathione and IM B12
-Byron White since Jan. 2011
-ALA, Yasko protocal, Adapten-All, thyrosol, Pekano, phosphalipid exchange, probiotics, oregano...

Posts: 390 | From FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CALyme wrote:
quote:
Just don't do those ionic foot baths- they are a scam- they will turn color without your feet in them!!!
This is flawed reasoning. Just because people think that the water turns dark due to toxins and that is not the case (as noted in the book and born out by research that I have done in the past) does not mean that the product does not work.

Advertising that claims that the product works *because* the water turned dark is deceptive and incorrect. The advertising is wrong but that does not mean that the product does not work. I've heard lots of people say that they have gotten benefit from the ionic foot bath.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you stop??? We tried them for a time, but there are so many other things that Lymies are asked to purchase for the sake of feeling better????

Where do you draw the line? Most of us can't afford to try everything and keep our loved ones or selves on it.

It has to be a priority as to what works best for you. Daughter did them for a couple months, maybe we should try them again and see if they help her severe leg pain. Seems when she was using them she didn't have the pain yet.

They did get black and gucky though, can't say if they made her feel differently. I am willing to try them again to see if it helps her leg pain.

Hugs,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ICE

You make a good point. The line has to be drawn where you say draw.

Health Marvels (and I always buy from the betterhealthguy website because I like the idea I am helping another lymie. Especially one that contributes so much really good research and info as this one does) will allow you to buy a small # of patches to try them out.

It is a small expense. It is your decision alone as to whether or not you continue using them.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say a resounding YES. At the suggestion of my LLMD, I tried them for a week, and was told if they continued to turn black and gooey, continue using them until they lightened.

I used them every day for more than an entire year.

I started using them during month 4 of my treatment. My monthly herxes went from knocking me flat on my back for 2 days to being able to go to work while herxing (although perhaps not feeling like the freshest rose in the bunch).

I still continue to use them 1 week a month for maintenance.

I always used the ones from AKG Naturals. I have tried the gold ones long after my treatment. For me, they didn't quite feel like they did as much but I have no facts to back that up.

The price of patches has come down SIGNIFICANTLY. When I started using them in 2004, they were $240 for a month's worth. But for me, they helped and I made the choice to continue them.

Gigi had a really great link about the benefits of patches, which I imagine a search would turn up.

Just my experience. Not pitching anything (and btw - I've been abx free for more than 3 years now and live a normal life).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Julie and the others who recommend them.

For me, they helped me with insomnia and some of the nerve pain I had in my legs. I used them for about 10 months, until I became too sensitive to the smell. I could no longer continue with them.

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere, just because of all the prohibitive expense of everything. But for me, that was a valuable expenditure.

Just my experience. And, like luvs, I used the ones sold by health marvels. Others were out of my price range. They did seem to work. As far as colors, I did best on the blue and the gold.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do want to go back and read what others have written.

But, I also wanted to give you the information for podi patch as I just learned they are having a special until the end of the month.

$1.00 a pad

AKG Naturals
P.O. Box 335415
N Las Vegas, NV 89033
(310) 918 - 6564
www.akgnaturals.com

I am just a customer.

But, I still think it would be great to have a commercial thread. NOt sure how that works legally though. Could be tricky.

it is nice to know what has helped others that have come before us.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In theory, the pads sound like a good idea. I think I was just too full of Lyme to notice much of a difference. I didn't even know I had Lyme when I was using them. I think you have to check the ingredients to make sure there isn't alot of cheap fillers as opposed to beneficial herbs. Some have tourmaline which is supposed to produce far infra red waves - like a mini far infrared sauna.

I wonder if getting a really good foot massage would help, as well? Some of the "real deal" reflexology people can tell all kinds of things from massaging your feet. I've been a little afraid to try since deep massage has made me worse in the past few years.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i posted on the other thread.

i rotate higher quality ones with the lesser quality ones (the quality and effectiveness) is determined by the tourmaline %.

a good pad should have at least 30 % tourmaline

tourmaline is a bamboo extract

here is some info on the pads and how they work.

Detox Pad / Patch , or more commonly known as foot pads (patches) or sap sheets, is made from totally natural tree and bamboo extracts. It is the culmination of centuries of knowledge known to the Japanese, and has been passed down through the generations.

It is reputed to relieve fatigue, joint pain, headaches, skin rashes and many other health problems. Apply our Detox Pads (patches) on the bottom of both feet, before bed, and experience better sleep and wake feeling totally refreshed the following morning.

Applying pads is like receiving 24 hours reflexology treatment. Reflexology is an ancient healing art, using a specialized version of compression and touch that focuses on the feet. Reflex points in the feet reflect the entire body, and stimulating these reflex points promotes equilibrium in the corresponding area of the body.

the choice is up to you. the higher quality ones can be found at health marvels, or i can assist you in finding other ones that may be sufficient.

and no, i do not have any ties to health marvels or scott, just like the product and they help me.

its like any other lyme tx, try it, if it helps, then good, if not, then stop wasting your money.

good luck.

derek

ps cave- how did your probx hunt go? you got a lot of info back, just wondering what you decided upon. is it extra shipping because they have to ship it to your house all the way in New Mexico? parcel post may be the cheapest route, but takes a while longer. hope you found the one you were looking for.

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen to this! I gave some of my Podi pads to my friend who is vibrantly healthy and eats only raw blended organic veggies and her pads were totally white in the morning!! So much for the sweat theory.

When I told her about the black gooey stuff, she was clueless.

Anybody hear of this?!

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the black "gooey" stuff are toxins mixed in with your own sweat and the product itself.

for 20$ you can have your pads sent to a lab where they will test them for you and give you an idea of what you are expelling.

seems your friend is not in a very toxic state. [Smile]

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RoadRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by djf2005:
the black "gooey" stuff are toxins mixed in with your own sweat and the product itself.

for 20$ you can have your pads sent to a lab where they will test them for you and give you an idea of what you are expelling.

seems your friend is not in a very toxic state. [Smile]

derek

nice post derek

sending the pad to a lab is science it is telling you what is in it after you use it.

If someone told you that they won lottery you wouldn't believe them unless they wrote you a check.

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

Posts: 2630 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

If jumping off car gets you better then do it.
If abx get you better then do it.
If herbs gets you better then do it.
If exercise gets you better then do it.
If sitting on butt gets you better then do it.

Do what works for you is the point.

If someone is punching you in face do you just stand there or do you move and try something else?

you move and hits back right?

If you want to go by science go see a idsa doctor because they think lyme goes away in four week with abx treatment.

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox foot pads were very effective for me - increased energy, less symptoms. (AKG Naturals)

Ionic foot baths are significantly more effective giving me even better results and a greater sense of well being. (Erchonia's EB-Pro)

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting topic! Derek, what lab will test our yukkie, used pads for $20! That sounds like a cool idea! Has anyone here done that?

Of course, the follow-up question would be about how sophisticated / comprehensive their lab could be...for a $20 test.

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: dfj2005 - a good pad should have at least 30 % tourmaline
tourmaline is a bamboo extract

This is not true. Tourmaline is a mineral which emits far infra red wavelengths.

One way of knowing if the pads work would be to test a pad that isn't used & then, test one that was used. You could see if it's actually working with a before & after. Otherwise, how would you know the toxins were from your feet?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement