LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » THYROID TEST............HELP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THYROID TEST............HELP!!
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked up test results for Daughter.........UGH. Her Thyroid Peroxidase is 567 normal being 0 - 34. Last time it was 433 and LLMD put her on Medication.......

I think it isnt working!!! What is going on??? I am about to have a nervous breakdown. There are some other things on here that are off.

Nothing like this Thyroid though. Kind of late to call LLMD or the MD we see here in Vegas........

HUGS

[ 18. January 2008, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: ICEiam ]

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up, Please I need some encouragement or truth here or I won't be able to sleep..............

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cathy,

I understand completely ... high numbers! We talked earlier and I told you what little I know.

do you know how to check WHO is on the boards IF they have registered? here's how!

go to lower right hand corner, and use up arrow to go to

questions and discussion...

scroll down to bottom till you get to:

lymenet recent flash members will show how many are current logged on and VISITORS not logged on or lurking!

now go to MEDICAL; hit end key and click on LYMENET RECENT FLASH MEMBERS

it will show their names; if you happen to recoginize a RN's name, etc., then CLICK ON THEIR NAME where you can then send them a PRIVATE MESSAGE!

do this same procedure for SUPPORT, SEEKING DRS., OFF TOPIC, AND ACTIVISM

the california group are on at this time of night and other western states!

if you get no help this way, try going to this site:

www.medlineplus.org it's NIH's medical library.

go into their THYROID area; normally there is a whole page of a variety of things related to thyroid, and you click on what you want to read about. it's user-friendly; great medical dictionary as well.

discusses meds too! good luck! I feel your apprehension; just try to relax. Right now, no news is good news!

keeping you in my thoughts/prayers tonight and this weekend; post what you find out ok Cathy! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cathy,
I wish I could help interpret things for you; Carol_PA is a nurse.

Try to remember there is nothing you can do about it tonight. Nothing bad is going to happen to your daughter tonight, but tomorrow it will be very important to reach her docs as it is Friday, and you don't want to be worrying all weekend.

Try some relaxing music, a hot bath, try to let go of it for tonight, because nothing is going to get worse by morning.

So sorry you are stressed like this.

We are all here for you!!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cathy,
First, don't panic. This can be dealt with.

It looks like your daughter may have an autoimmune thyroid disease called Hashimoto's or Hashi's for short.

You might want to check out www.realthyroidhelp.com. Its a peer-to-peer forum rather like this one.

Also check out www.stopthethyroidmadness.com.

They tend to be very Armour/HC oriented, but don't let that stop you from going there and learning.

The people at both sites have a great deal of experience with thyroid stuff and love to share the knowledge they've acquired from that experience.

There's excellent information at both those sites and welll worth the vist.

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes everything you read could be true....

What also could be true is that the spirochetes are messing around with your daughters thyroid.

Remember that it gets into EVERYTHING!

Most of us have chronic fatigue that is caused by the lyme infection of certain hormone secreting organs and we can't GET the dang test to come up positive.

So, you actually may have a seperate problem with your daughter or, it's good ole Bb.

Not to worry though.
Like the folks up there said....get to it right away but don't worry so much...

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Icey, I don't have the thryoid answers ..... but I know you need to do something for yourself today. [Smile] Treat yourself to something you like! You deserve it and you need it.

Hang in there, you are taking great care of your daughter and grand-daughter.

Lyme has messed with my thyroid, too ..... but I don't understand much about it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old is she, where does she live? What does she do?
Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ice, i'm checking in on you, DAUGHTER, and active g.daughter! so glad to read more replies; going to bed, just wanted you to know your family is in my prayers! [group hug] [kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ice

I have not had to deal with thyroid problems so no experience to pass on.

I have, however, dealt with and had extremely good success with my illness by treating the whole body. "Fix the terrain and you will fix the disease"

Please go to www.acam.org and see if you can find a medical doctor in your area who believes in finding causes and fixing them rather than medicating symptoms.

There is an answer out there, you just have to be persistent in finding it.

My prayers are with you and your daughter.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My numbers got as high as your daughters, but I do know that when my thyroid started going whacky, it took a lot of experiementing with meds to get the correct dosage and the right type of med. Sort of the same process that diabetics go through in getting the proper insulin dosages.

This was one of my diagnosis's when I had no idea why everything in my body was going out of whack, but once being diagnosed with lyme, my LLMD said that it's VERY common that the thyroid gets attacked.

He said with proper treatment, depending on the damage, I may even be able to totally get off the meds. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm still in treatment and they keep checking the thyroid and even since Lyme, I've had to change dosages.

Having a sick child is scary, scary, scary! Hopefully you have found a doctor that can help her get the thyroid regulated but also if you know she has lyme, I would be getting that treated at the same time.

If she hasn't been tested, it may be worth your while to atleast get it ruled out by a LLMD. Good luck and keep us posted.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also going to say it looks like hashimotos.

My mother has this and controls it with meds.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe have thyroid antibodies tested & if positive, ask yourself what seems more likely - your immune system attacking your thyroid "just because" or your immune system attacking a chronic infection that has become entrenched in your thyroid tissue.
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are dealing with this my 12

year old came back with a test like that when he

was about 9 or 10. Even

Dr J wouldn't treat his thyroid. Finally he is

being treated with Armour. They consider it

"Auto Immune Thyroid Disease" But that is all I

know I have just been told that it is the lyme.

My 15 year old is also on Armour. And I am on

Levothroid. The day my LLNeurologist game it to

I did more in 3 days than I had done in 3 years.

You are lucky that she is atleast getting

medicine. I was always within normal limits but

the lowest and it took me 5 yeaars to get it.

Does a Pediatric Endocrinologist treat her thyroid

or is it her LLMD?

Hope you get some answers soon.

While our kids numbers are way off the charts. I know over the last few years they did raise the numbers to about double because it was just like the Co2, the within normal limits is too low.

Best wishes, lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice "controls it", not cures it. Many people on MP, including some diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, no longer need to take any thyroid medication!
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement