LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ????loss of immune system?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ????loss of immune system?????
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as we all know ,lyme is responsible for immune deficiencies in the body

question the bacteria along can cause this,as untreated lymie have immune problems.

does killing the bb cause more immune problems
that non-treatment.

i can remember my first iv of rocephin 1 of 3.
after 2 weeks my immune system went bonkers.
that's a medical term,only doctors and dentist;s
can use it.

the heavy load of neurotoxins released by bb
nearly killed me.

should we not consider a treatment protocol
this involves pulsing iv abx with iv fluids or some kind of detoxing agent and kill the bb slowly
over time,rather than all at once.

i think many of my neuro symptoms and maybe even
the coinifections babs may be attributable to the
fast kill-em dead attitude of many docs.

maybe we should have the docs pull back and look\
at the effects of massive dose abx ,to our body.

maybe the released toxins do more damage than we need to have ,in our bodies

just a though
docdave [confused]

[ 18. January 2008, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: stymielymie ]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc Dave
I am pulsing orals - 3 to 4 kinds over a two week timeframe than a week or two off. This is working well for me and allowing my body to detox.

I know there is no way I could tolerate constant antibiotics in spite of everything I am doing to detox so I am happy to be going this route recommended by my LLMD.

By the way my natural killer cells when last tested over a year ago were at a paltry 8 - so not much immune system for me at that time.

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too pulse abx's...2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and switch them up. My LLMD feels that this is a good way to help your immune system fight, trick the keets as well as help your liver detox. Been on this method since July and it seems to be working well.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle... there are some important thoughts here.

Quote:

================================================================

"the heavy load of neurotoxins released by Bb
nearly killed me.

should we not consider a treatment protocol
this involves pulsing iv abx with iv fluids or some kind of detoxing agent
and kill the bb slowly over time,rather than all at once.

i think many of my neuro symptoms and maybe even
the coinifections babs may be attributable to the fast kill-em dead attitude of many docs."

================================================================

After a strong and sudden die-off, this is exactly what happened to me, i.e., low immunity that has never fully recovered, neuro symptoms, and possibly a co-infection, which I never once felt before the incident.

And strangely, I craved an IV but didn't know which type to ask for and couldn't get any agreement from the pratitioner I was seeing at the time.

A few months ago, our dog had a serious infection after drinking some pond water... was given abx (metronidazole and one other whose name I didn't recognize) AND an IV of fluids for one week. I couldn't help but think the IV was as big a part of the tx as the other meds (and was a bit wistful about that IV).

Perhaps, however, the IV was used only for hydration purposes in his case, though even this could have been helpful for me.

Adding a detox agent seems more than logical, as well as a slower process.

Not sure how this would/could be implemented.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement