LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Treating bart & taking a cyst buster while on IV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Treating bart & taking a cyst buster while on IV
njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on IV Rocephin for 5 weeks and treating Babesia now with mepron, zithro & plaquenil. Should I be taking a cyst buster at the same time or is it to much to add now? I read Rocephin causes bacteria to go into cyst form.

How about treating Bart, can this be added in at some point or one at a time?

Posts: 262 | From nj | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read from others that you MUST take cyst nusters after the IV Rocephin treatment...and transfer to oral abx for a while, too.

As far as treating Lyme, Babs and Bart all at once, I "think" that sounds like too much for the body.

I treated Lyme first...then found out I had Bart 5 years later so I had no choice.

Hopefully someone else will reply.

Good Luck...sounds like you've got some good information to ask those important questions.

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"cyst nusters"

yeah, that's great, Clarissa.

BUSTERS, BUSTERS! yikes! sorry.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like a snack cracker, along the lines of pirate booty. [Razz]

plaquenil is a good nuster with the two abx's you are on. (you're on mepron for babesia i assume, and you have bartonella too?)

i was dx'ed with bb, babesia microti, bartonella hensalae and mycoplasma fermentans in 2002.
then i had three or four strains of candida, yipee.

if it were me, i definately wouldn't add more medication now, and you probably will have to see where you are at when you stop those meds re: the rest of it. some doctors will use a course of flagyl afterward, in some cases.

i did allot of "alternative" therapy after being on a very similar regimen as you are, been rather well for a couple of years now.
hang in there.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Clarissa & Mo.

Shouldn't I be taking cyst busters WHILE I am on IV rather than after? I could be on IV 6 mnths to a year. I have not heard plaquenil is a cyst buster. Does the zithro work on bart?

I am wondering if my symptoms are from bart and not babesia as we thought. I tested negative for both but I know that doesn't mean much.

Posts: 262 | From nj | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chia Pet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by njgirl14:
Thanks Clarissa & Mo.

Shouldn't I be taking cyst busters WHILE I am on IV rather than after? I could be on IV 6 mnths to a year. I have not heard plaquenil is a cyst buster. Does the zithro work on bart?

I am wondering if my symptoms are from bart and not babesia as we thought. I tested negative for both but I know that doesn't mean much.

IN VITRO Plaquenil is a cyst buster. Some LLMDS do not agree that it work the same in a human host. I have taken Plaquenil for Babs and it helped, then I had a bad herx so it was doing something. I think it does kill cysts. My LLMD agrees.

Are you doing IV rocephin AND the Mepron et al all together? Adding Plaquenil may be too much then.

Posts: 85 | From here | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

I am doing IV Rocephin, zithro, mepron, & plaquenil now. I am staying on IV for now but may change to bart tx.
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, treating Babs at the same time as Lyme is a mistake. Babs is really tough to get rid of, and you will not be able to go after it hard enough while on IV R.

Yes, you should be on a cyst buster at the same time, so that it has no where to hide, because Bb will go into the cyst form when it senses that it is under attack. This is one of the reasons why patients on IV R often end up relapsing very quickly when it is discontinued.

Trying to do too much at once can destroy your health by putting too much of a load on your vital organs, and usually this approach will end up compromising both treatments so that they are inadequate.

Flagyl (or Tinidazole) and Zith, as part of your Lyme Tx will keep Babs in check, and probably even do a lot of damage against it untill you are ready to go at it with all of the right weapons.

If you have MS and are in a wheel chair, you should be extremely cautious about doing too much at once. This kind of Tx can make things worse for MS sufferers in some cases. Have you looked at The Cpn website that has a lot more info on the subject? Cpn site for MS

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement