LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Getting off the board

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting off the board
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until next re-infection or relapse! [Big Grin]

No kidding. Spring is coming soon, I hope this year I won't get re-infected again. If I get, I'll be back. [Wink]

I just would like to say a temporary goodbye to you all and wishing you all to get back to a 100%healthy life! It is possible to many, I believe now!

Good luck!
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray Selma!

We will miss you but for your sake, I hope we never see you post again. Or at least if you do, it will just be to update us on your continued success.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Selma,

Congratulations for being well again. [woohoo]

Take care and DON'T get re-infected again. But it would be nice if you could check in from time to time and say hello.

All the best,

Gabrielle [hi]

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!! Thrilled to hear the good news.

Would you mind giving a quick summary of your Lyme story, duration and treatment?

Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy for you Selma! Take care, and thank you for your valuable advice!

P

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Selma please, please do drop by once in awhile to help newbies and some of us ol'bies w/ our questions.......and to let us know how you are, ok?

Good luck and continued good health to you!

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences in treatment with us. You will be missed!

Claire [group hug]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] Selma [group hug]

I, for one, shall miss you. I am so glad that you no longer feel the need to search for answers. I pray that your wellness stays with you always and that if we do see you here again, it is ONLY because you have missed us as well. [kiss]

Best wishes for continued success! [Big Grin]
[hi]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Selma,

Go live life to the fullest! Awesome.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Selma!

You have been such an inspiration to me, and to many, many others on this board, I'm sure!

You attacked your disease(s) like a tiger, and acquired knowledge of so many available treatments and testing methods..... truly, you are a changed person from your journey to wellness.

Please don't forget to update your Success Story over in the General thread as yours is a beautiful story that really needs to be told!

And I hope you will put a note on your calendar a few months down the line.... to remind you to stop in here and say hello to those that remain and those new to the Lyme Wars.

I will miss you here very much..... and wish you the very best of life. [kiss]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Selma!

How about stopping by every few months and just posting a "I'm still doing well, it can be done" story? Those are an inspiration to many.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma, your kind and helpful contributions will be sorely MISSED! Best of luck!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful to have you!!!
Take care &
Best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys and gals, I'm smiling. Thanks so much too to all of you who were always an inspiration! You're fighters, I'm sure you'll get to better places! [group hug]

I'm sure lyme is somewhere lurking waiting to come again if I overdo things. That's the MAIN reason I'm leaving, so that I get more time to sleep and my brain gets free to be somewhere else, not only on lyme...

I see this "leaving the board" as part of healing! [Wink]

You were in the 'core' of my everyday life for so long, and I REALLY got addicted to lymenet! Without you, I would have been a very very lonely sick person in total despair. You were great, even more than family many times!

I'm sure many lives were saved because of lymenet!

I'm pretty sure it's only a temporary goodbye though, as I still can't believe I'll get no more tick bites in the near future. But I feel I need this break to get on with my life.

You all deserve to be well!

Love,
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] Selma,

wow these last 2.5 years of your being on the board flew by fast!! I can hardly believe it! I remember when you first joined here.

I've enjoyed our many chats over the years.

I too was going to ask you to post your SUCCESS STORY IN SUPPORT to inspire many other lymies as they 1st come on here and during the trying/crying times of "can I get into remission or cured" times!!

BEST WISHES! STAY WELL; and do stop by to SAY HI, and inform us what you have been doing with your GOOD HEALTH now!

when I think of Switzerland, I think of all the colorful mountains full of snow for skiing, and all the hidden "swiss bank accounts"! lol [lol] see you later Selma [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you!!! You are a great example of what an open minded willingness to learn and try new things can do and an inspiration to us all!!

May your life be filled with health, love and happiness.

We'll miss you but we expect to see you back here just to check in and tell us that you are still doing well.

[group hug]

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Selma,

I value and respect your participating on the board and your approach to treating your illness. I think it is a message to everyone to be open, look for solutions, and they will emerge.

Be well

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes and God bless!

Hugs,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey! Have fun!
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
selma,

you've been a huge inspiration to me and have helped me so much along the way. thanks to you and a few others i no longer feel so lost, despite the fact that i'm currently fighting a relapse.

wishing you love & joy & continued health, always.

xoxox
heather
[Smile]

ps. i'm getting teary-eyed! your presence here and in my little internet world has meant so much to me. you'll be missed. [group hug]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma, I wish you health and happiness. Just keep an eye to the skin always inspecting the body for that "terrible thing".

I know the feeling on being addicted to the board. But I'm still on my journey and I feel the need to help others while I help myself.

I've been pretty blessed during this 9 year long ordeal. I give thanks by helping others. So that(lymenet) can't be a bad thing.

Go, live a great one.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

I'm sure I'll be around soon, with another screenname, though! I'd say, "Until the next infected tick bite!!!" [Big Grin] [Big Grin] don't cry!

I live in tick country, it won't take long (if my homeopathic 'tick barrier' stops working)!!!

I posted my first partial success story sometime in the beginning of 2007. I didn't post about the re-infection of summer 2007 in General (success stories), but it's all here in Medical, scattered.

I'm still balancing Chinese meridians (diet, accupuncture, Taichi), cleaning (forever, I suppose), on few herbs to avoid a relapse, still following all the 'crazy' & amazing dr. K's courses when I have time.

I don't consider myself 'healthy', so to say, but 100% back to active life and symptom-free from lyme. Being very healthy will take time, I suppose... That's why I say "until next tick bite"!! [Wink]

If I were really healthy, the 2-6 week doxy after infected bite would leave me out of lyme boards (not my case, as you all know).

Be well and see you all soon! I'm still at 'home' in my private email address, for the ones who have it. Please write!

[group hug]

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smile for you...

Till the next time we cross paths... take care of you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great time and stay well!! [hi]

Please post your success story here!
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015820;p=

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]

Selma,

Thanks so much for all your good advice and time, and goodwill. I am always happy to see your posts!

Wishing you great health always. Come back and visit some time!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Selma -

Thats Great News --

Have a Great and Very Happy Life -- After Lyme --

You deserve it- Thanks for all your help -

I Hope to be out of here soon Too --

-- Jay --

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

I did it!

I posted a summarized story in General, Success stories for the ones who didn't follow.

Thanks a lot to you all.

Wishing you all a good continuation on treatment!
Until next time! [group hug]

Selma

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if we get others from Switzerland, is it ok if we give them your user name here, and they can send you a PM as to who you went to, etc?

thanks for your consideration Selma! [group hug] [kiss]

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh I haven't logged on here in 6 months and I'm glad I did so I could say goodbye to Selma.

Have a happy life. You've been a great help. Yep, I'm doing better too.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye, Selma. Best wishes for a healthy future for you and your family! Thanks for all the inspiration you provided to this board!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement