LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » nausea or allergic reaction to oil-base primer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nausea or allergic reaction to oil-base primer?
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone has had this type of reaction.

My husband is re-doing one of the rooms on the first floor and used an oil-based primer.

The smell is overwhelming. My stomach started flipping immediately.

Is it harmful?

Thanks

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did and many have. You can develop MCS with Lyme infection, I did anyway- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. I first became sensitive to food smells being ultra pungent and then to chemical smells- by the end I was vomiting convulsively if I smelled paint or perfume to anything- went from nausea to actual vomiting fits- before then I thought MCS was a crock, wasn't REAL- boy do I know now, it is... but thankfully after good treatment I have no symptoms at all-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you CA...

Loose bm and nausea

Does this also mean, I have not been treated completely.

I was on doxy and zith for over a 1 1/2yr.

My symptoms do reoccur occassionally and I am not on any meds right now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi --

I also experience waxing and waning chemical sensitivities. Usually follows how well I'm doing.

We found low VOC paints, because I couldn't tolerate the off-gassing of the regular ones. They are a little more expensive, but well worth it.

We used ECO-SPEC paint and had colors matched to the Martha Stewart swatches we brought in. The paint smelled like Creme Brullee and the odor was gone in a matter of hours. Turning up the heat in the house helped it off-gas more quickly.

Even when I'm healthier, I avoid paint fumes and new carpet fumes altogether and am happier for it!

Best of luck to you,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Thanks to both of you for responding.

I know that my immune system is weakened and will never be at a state before the lyme. I guess I was shocked at how overwhelmed I was with feeling ill!

I masked myself, went into the room, opened the windows and closed it up and put a towel under the door.

I had been employed at a company that uses latex, concrete(s), and adhesive compounds. On the days they manufactured a particular mix, I knew which one it was because my body knew.

It became a joke with me. Then I would request a forecast for that particular compound so I could prepare and stay away.

Thanks,

Lisa
[cussing]

--------------------
Lymester

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me I think the MCS was Babesiosis- have you been treated for Babs?? I wasn't able to be around paint & stuff until I had been on Mepron! You can have it and be blood negative and can treat over-the-counter with Artemisia-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

CALYME:

I believe I had babs. I had to do oral meds in order to continue to obtain full-time employment so that I could have family health coverage.

The doc was going to do IV, but I carried the health insurance and was fearful if I couldn't work and then we'd probably lose our home.

I did (3) doxy pills a day and (1) 250mg zith for at least a year or MORE. I didn't come off doxy until months later.

I honestly feel I should call the doc. UGH. Really upset. Still bad pooh and nausea. Opened the windows in the room and have the towel shoved back under.

Well, at least I'll lose the few holiday pounds I put on? You see?, still trying to be optimistic (it ain't easy).

Thanks again CA.

Lisa

--------------------
Lymester

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement