LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I can not stand this fatigue ANYMORE !!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can not stand this fatigue ANYMORE !!!!
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had fatigue from the beginning of my illness. It has been so bad lately I cant stand it ANYMORE.

From the time I wake up I want to go back to sleep counting the minutes till I can nap.

I feel like I am wearing a lead suit and trying to run in quick sand.

Every movement takes so much effort. I feel like a zombie. [sleepy]

I have Ritalin I can take, but then I am a jittery zombie. It does help a little. I am just so sick of pills.

I cant sleep because of the kids. I really dont think I would ever get out of bed if I didnt.

I wanted to go to my fav clothing store and use a gift certificate and a great coupon, but I dont think I have the strength.

I feel my Fatigue is Severe. I cant take it!

I am sick of all of this Lyme crap. [Mad]

I am waving my white flag ! I surrender! [Frown]

If this was how my dog felt I would put him to sleep.

not so Merry

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to believe that much of our fatigue is caused by our body fighting so hard to kill infection.

Try keeping yourself as busy as you can (even if it is just a game of Chutes and Ladders with the kids) to try and distract yourself and pass the time until you can take a nap.

I think one of the hardest things for those of us dealing with Lyme is the monotony of trying to get through another day of torture. The faster we can get through these days in order to get to the better ones, the better. I'm already counting the minutes until my 2 little ones are in bed so I can call it quits for the day.

Have you been tested for iron and magnesium levels? How about your cortisol?? As you probably already know, deficiencies in any of these areas can cause profound fatigue. At least these would be easy for you to adjust.

You hang in there as better days are ahead!!!

Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is awful to be feeling like this all the time.

Hang in there Merry, hopefully it will pass soon.
[group hug]

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inseattle
Member # 12743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inseattle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl, I wish I didn't know exactly how you feel. But I do. An ocean of fatigue, dizziness and pain are keeping me home from church, again. I tell friends it's like getting treated for cancer: the cure is worse than the illness, but necessary. And when you have kids you can't give up, can you? Even though mine are in their twenties they need me alive.

Kate

Posts: 22 | From seattle | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl, I've been there, and it's awful. Mine extreme fatigue did not let up until about 12 mths ago. I still have it if I overdo life. But I can knock it back pretty quickly with resting more.

It wasn't until I tried Ambien CR that I started getting the restful sleep one needs to fight an illness. I had done trazodone twice, Ambien, tylenol PM, and some natural stuff that didn't work for 7 yrs.

Ambien CR is different in that it is slower releasing and in layers that help you go to sleep and stay asleep. The only time in the last year that I would wake up was my ocassional, maybe once a month restless leg/arm/body pain.

If my grandchildren are spending the night and the youngest one comes looking for me in the night, I do wake up hearing him. So if you are worried about the children, maybe this would work also for you????

If I've had a very stressful day, sometimes I take a .25 xanax to help my body/mind wind down so I can focus on reading some before bed time & Ambien CR.

I still can spend my energy quickly in the morning if I'm on a time schedule and have any early appt, and things that must be done by a certain time. Life??????

But I can just lay down on the couch and relax for an hour and my fatigue will abate enough that I can do life for a few more hours.

Deep sleep is essential. IMOH major healing can only begin when you are getting restful sleep.
Big difference for me anyway!!!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melissa,
Have you tried Provigil? Ask Dr P for a prescription for some; he thinks it is great. It works like Ritalin but without the jitters.

Tracy

[Razz]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS

I should also say I understand, and cannot imagine having two little ones to care for while being this exhausted.

The part I hate the most is how hard it is to wake up when I have to pee. It sucks!!! I am so tired, I don't know how I can possibly wake up/get up and go to the bathroom.

[toilet]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
merrygirl...

map1131 is very right about the sleep...

getting a better night sleep has been a problem

for me and finaly I have found something to make me get into that delta 4 sleep.....huge difference.

I know what you mean about wearing a led suit.....

i tried yesturday and today to go to the grocery store with my husband....

made it to the car......drove to the store....but by the time we got there....

soooooooooooo fatigue.....
i even hate the word........

i to am sick of this Lyme crap [Mad] and have had a pretty awful weekend......

I do know though.....that you will get better....you will....

i have been there and plan to be there again.....

.....and when you get down do what you did......get online...and give a shout out....

people with Lyme are the only people i know that really know what you are going through......

i hope your doing better.
thinking of you.....

from one fatigue to another.....
[Smile] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyflyer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyflyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do think a good night sleep is key, but I've found that sometimes that doesn't even help with the fatigue, it doesn't seem to matter.

I have been taking Ambien every night since June, unfortunately that's what it takes to get decent rest.

I have changed my diet recently and have found that my fatiuge isn't as bad.

--------------------
Jennifer

Posts: 266 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one here that can definitely relate. I had this horribly before my diagnosis and was sleeping unrealistically amounts and remember feeling like it was next to impossible to even move my arm up from the bed.

With diagnosis, I was feeling it lift, but then a couple months ago, got hit hard with it again. At first I thought it must be a type of herxing, but then found the yeast had been getting the best of me, even though I've been on the diet since my treatment started.

Not saying that is your problem and I didn't have outward signs of yeast in the beginning so I had no clue what was going wrong, but just saying that sometimes you need to find the angle that is causing it...perhaps a co infection or whatever.

My heart goes out to you since today is the first time I was even moving much out of bed since this hit me. It was horrid.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. We really do understand. Wish we could say we don't relate, but sadly, we know it well. Ugh!!!!

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words...lithium orotate! I know your pain, I was sleeping like crazy...and now I feel WAY better...Read up on this amzaing brain detoxer.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl,
It is definitely harder with little kids to take of. I was where you are a while back. The fatigue was unbearable. I had 3 little ones. I had to pick them up from school. It was a monumental task for me at the time. One day a woman I was friendly with but not that close with noticed my struggle. I said no thank you when she offered to help. But surprisingly she said no to my no and next thing I knew she was picking up my kids everyday for me until I got more strength. Make sure you prioritize, accept help and most important don't feel guilty - you do the best you can.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of your replies. I am sad we all have to deal with this!

Tracy-
I have tried provigil but I could't fall asleep well and my PCP said Ritalin has a shorter half life. Maybe it is time to try it again,

I have sleep apnea and I havet got my CPAP machine yet. Maybe this will help.

Sigh

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justwondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I know how you feel.

The exhaustion day after day is unbearable at times-

especially when you have young children!

People who have never experienced the fatigue from a chronic illness have no clue what it is like either.

It is NOT the kind of fatigue one gets from staying up too late or waking too early.

Hang in there,I sure and going to try:)

Posts: 209 | From maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read this whole thread, just the first post ..... but I wanted to mention that I take NT Factor for fatigue. It's a big help.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Wishing you were Merry again, [Smile]

I can definitely relate to the fatigue that makes

You feel like you have run into a wall.

I also have little ones.

I've been so tired that I have actually fallen asleep (dozing)

At the table while they are eating lunch. [shake]

I just push through. I have to. Sometimes I have an extra

Cup of coffee in the afternoon to help me make it.

I do know how you feel. Lately my fatigue has been

Growing in leaps and bounds.

I napped last week. Third time since diagnosis' (10/06)!

Even though I am always exhausted that is just not me.

Don't give in. Don't give up.

Your kids need you. We do too. [Smile]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by merrygirl:

I have tried provigil but I could't fall asleep well and my PCP said Ritalin has a shorter half life. Maybe it is time to try it again,

Melissa, I have the same problem, but am helped a LOT by Provigil.

Take it early in the day and it won't affect sleep.

It's an amazing drug -- you get wakefulness but not hyper. Just awake. It helps.

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melissa, I can relate to what you are saying. My fatigue has never been as bad since my 2nd llmd started me on 22 supplements last april 07! When I got thru them, I quit them all; my fatigue is much worse now ... I did NOT have it this bad before taking the supps.

Sending you [group hug] [kiss] . hope cpap helps you too. It didn't for me. I got a full face mask but my nose is always plugged up and I can't breath.

when you get your cpap, have them show you the one with water/humidity.

DIDN'T work for me; water was supposed to be 80/was, but to ME, it felt like 32; I FROZE FULL TIME plus the NOISE is unbearable to my super sensitive hearing too. [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwwwwww, Merry, I wish I could take care of your kids for you like I do my Gdd for my DD. Don't you have anyone to help you?

My dd is in bed at least 18 hrs a day.......can't say she is always asleep, but she does sleep lots.

I will pray that you get through this clear to the bone fatigue. The only time I can remember being so tired was when I had Mono and also was real low on iron.

I coudln't keep my eyes open and was sooooooo very tired.

I did get better though. Hang in there, You will get there.............. [Frown]

HUGS

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by merrygirl:

I have sleep apnea and I havet got my CPAP machine yet. Maybe this will help.

I'd say this is your fatigue problem right there. From one apnea sufferer to another- believe me, its why your exhausted. Lyme +apnea= chronic zzzzz's.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement