LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ANYBODY ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR COMPUTER ON THIS SITE???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANYBODY ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR COMPUTER ON THIS SITE???
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHEESH!!!!! Every time I go on here, my computer will shut down, freeze, or whatever.

I spend half my time booting up the puter to get back on. It's ridiculous!!!

Anybody else???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpowder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpowder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES YES YES!!! I thought it was just mine. I tried to log on and couldn't. Was afraid I had done something wrong. [confused]
Posts: 111 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal told me today that she's been having trouble. It's obvious to me now that Lymenet is where my computer ALWAYS seems to freeze or shut down.

It's driving me insane!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes and yes! I almost threw my laptop in the creek behind my house yesterday. It was soooooo slow, wouldn't let me login, etc.

Seems better now.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, but you apparently aren't geetting all the greek language i get and the zippers going 3 across and down the screen.

now i have a brand new pc; modem...should NOT be crashing; but it's the same as before.

tom brown did tell me in a pm he is working on a MAJOR UPGRADE of lymenet; didnt SAY WHEN IT WILL BE UP AND RUNNING; but it can't be soon enough for me/others.

takes 5 minutes to go from screen to screen, and i now have HI SPEED INTERNET! [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 4 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep....and it's been going on for months on end. Sometimes it takes me 5 or 6 tries to open a thread...I get blank screens, download managers, computer code of several types, until I finally give up.

Sadly, it's often something I know a bit about and could help with, like bactrim for example, and by the time I come back the thread is off the first page which usually means I won't run across it again.

I've got high speed internet and use a Mac with Safari browser, so it's not just PCs it's the site. [Mad]

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do sometimes I have to hit refresh 2 or 3 times for the page to display right. Maybe if everyone discribes there problem we can email this to LouB Or Tom

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK so its not me...thought i was doing something the computer dint't want me to do..not that good with this stuff..had to get my grand daughter (who is 10) a few times to help...but thanks its not only me!!!! [bonk]

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've been having trouble the last week. It's so frustrating. Everywhere else I go on computer is working okay. It's just something going on with lymenet.

I've notice lots of us are signed on at the time and there will be like 71 vistors looking on, when this is going on.

Somebody must be voodooing our lymenet???? lol

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - I've been having loads of problems too. [bonk]

I inquired of the Lymenet "powers that be" & they're going to be doing something that should hopefully resolve some of these issues very soon. [Smile]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same problems here... I have dial-up.

I've noticed that it extends to other sites once I've been at LN - pages don't load properly, etc.

I've also noticed that I keep picking up at least one Tracking Cookie on a regular basis, and I think it may be coming from HERE. [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are using the latest version of internet Explorer, this could be the problem. It freezes easily and I quit using it. Mozilla Firefox is much more stable, especially for this site.

I get delays on this site, but no freezes with Firefox.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently switched to Firefox & have been having these problems. ?????

[confused]

The pages just keep hanging on "loading", for what seems like an eternity. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES- for me it is hard to LOAD LNet but I have found if I google Lymenet then click on the SUPPORT GROUP listings and then SHIFT to Flash it will let me in- but won't let me load Flash directly!!! 9And if after posting this I can no longer do so I'm gonna get REALLY paranoid*)!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Mac, so I don't have the problems Lymetoo describes .... but, sometimes it take a LONG time to load a page! And sometimes the server stops responding and the page doesn't get loaded at all.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Smile]

Being a former Admin on a BB with the same software I can tell you the problem is on the site itself.
So don't go crazy trying to fix your browser or PC, they probably have to flush the cache or something like that.

Steve

Posts: 406 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, lol, I also was paranoid yesterday. I thought maybe I was in trouble for something I posted while speaking the truth.

I guess you and I could be in trouble at the same time though? But Lymetoo in trouble? No way.

So I guess we can stop being paranoid. It's not us misbehaving? Well right this minute anyway.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its freezing up just trying to post this! [Frown]

I leave this site though and there's no trouble.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here, load better if i google it , mostly trouble posting. doc
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a little slow loading, refreshing twice, yet not that bad

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a little slow loading, refreshing twice, yet not that bad

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble too. taking forever to load
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TuTu...if your computer is froozen, I will be right ove to thaw things out!!! Music man said it was OK!!!

Actually Lymenet is going to do an upgrade on their server so this will be moot.

I have a message in my PM inbox that was not meant for me!!??? PLUS, I can't open or delete the message. I get a message that says "You are not the intended recepient"...huh? It is MY PM inbox!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!

Hmmmmmmm....perhaps a TROLL got into the server?

Oh, right...a GREMLIN is responsible. Perhaps a TICK??? Of course you have heard of something that is just a TICK off?

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
victoria
Member # 11267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for victoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes my computer often doesn't load when I try to come to this site. I think it's due to the increased visitors to the site!
Posts: 82 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha ha!

Well.....

Maybe I should re-phrase to....

Your PC is probably ok but if you are having any other problems not related to this board, we will have to check this out in more detail. [Smile]

But, it's probably just the board. [Big Grin]

Steve

Posts: 406 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jr, on the MISSENT PM, whose name shows as the SENDER? let that person know it didn't get to where it was going.

many folks have been receiving my lengthy newbie package of info. NONE OF US CAN DELETE THEM, and I have 4-5 in my pm box taking up precious room!

yes, i'm looking forward to MAJOR UPGRADE tom brown said he's working on! the sooner; the better. [Wink]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather is freezing and so is lymenet...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
˙ʇǝuǝɯʎl ɥʇıʍ sɯǝlqoɹd ʎuɐ pɐɥ ʇ,uǝʌɐɥ ı

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Well I hope Tom Brown fixes it soon. I believe there's more to the problem than just lymenet people.

If I were you after what I found today on my computer...I'd so some serious spyware and firewall searching.

Make sure all your security protection is working. Especially those of you that are having problems all over the net and not just lymenet.

Pam

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha! pab
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I spent about 3 or 4 hours cleaning my computer............had to run everything I could find trying to get these 2 infected hidden files off!!

Still don't know if they are gone. It just started a week or so ago. Comeing here getting slower and slower.

I checked firewall, spyware, (I have 2 different types) Virus...........found some nasty things.

HUGS,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Yeap, Icey I'm still cleaning up the mess in my computer this morning. Somebody is being dirty, dirty, dirty.

Pam

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!! [rant] [Mad]

My firewall is stopped.... AGAIN.... and I'm not able to get it back on. Oh great!!

This may be the last you see of me for awhile. I'm sure my puter will be hit hard after being on here again!!!

Note to Tiffany Hester.....I'm unable to open your PM. If you need LLMD names, please contact bettyg or lou4656, or meg, or mbroderick.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PAB Thanks for the laugh.

I have trouble pulling up the site...or pulling up a thread.

It does get frustrating, but having it freeze my computer up would be more frustrating.

When I try to answer a post, I sometimes have trouble too and just leave it and dont' answer.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

For me, it goes WAY beyond freezing or being slow. That would be the least of my worries.

I got my firewall back on, and now it's off again. I'm really afraid of what info SOMEONE is getting from my computer!!!!

I keep running Spy Bot and Ad Aware and am getting #&%$ off every time I run it.

I do hope Tim Brown is getting something done to protect us here. I wonder if Lymenet's firewall is down or something??

SOMEBODY is hacking into this site!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes!!

i posted a reply to this yesterday and it never made it...

very frustrating

seems to work better certain times of day??

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All-

I have been getting the same type stuff --

About a week after the lighting strike
on the LN server it started wacking out --

After the strike was fixed LN worked perty good-

then Bam -- I think SpyWare or similar --

Maybe computer has been made into Zombie --

Hope it gets fixed soon -- Jay --

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I totally agree with folks.

look at all the MISSENT PMS folks have been getting; mainly from me from what folks have written letting me know they got something, and can NOT DELETE it or read it!

too many daily trolls hitting the site! [cussing]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The biggest danger to all of us right now is the viruses and other junk being hurled at us. My computer still is not protected by a firewall....which I feel certain THIS SITE caused on my computer.

Keep your eyes and ears open and make sure you are clearing viruses every time you come to this site.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and 90 percent of the time, its not my computer- its the site.

They were suppossed to update their webserver......

its not trolls.

If you are getting the message "Web not responding" its lymenets server. I notice alot of times,

I will sign on, and be able to see the front page, but "flash discussion" will freeze on me and I can't see anything.

Other times, I can't delete mail. I can click until I am blue and nothing will go away.

But if I go to another site, I can fly around it.

ive had three different( and brand new) computers since being on lymenet.

Their server is over half the reason why I hardly come here. I was tired of the server messages.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Hi [Smile]

I see a lot of you talking about running your SpyWare but no one talking about using an anti-virus program.

You should have
1. A good Firewall program like Zone Alarm Free
2. You should have an anti-virus protecting your PC at ALL TIMES.
3. You should do a Windows security update every month.
4. You should do an anti-virus update every day and run it once a week.

Just some guidelines I hope you are all doing.

It's fine to have and run the other programs you speak of but not even close to being as important as a good Firewall and anti-virus. [Smile]

If you have questions PM me and I'll get backl to you as soon as possible but remember, I'm one of you and so it make take some time.

Steve

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did email Jenifer yesterday.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been able to get in for a few days.

I keep getting the white "Can't find the Server" page at this site only. When I do get in, freezes, etc.

And like everyone else, I have been cleaning my comp with out getting results.

Hope they get this fixed soon.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Music man, I'm also doing virus and firewall runs. There is one post here that someone says they have found 2 hidden virus in their computer.

So even though I'm running my virus everyday and there's nothing detected, it could be something hidden like the other poster found.

I was running my spyware for days also and THOUGTH it was cleaned up. It was also hidden 170 spy were attached. I literally had to go in the back way (quite by luck) and able my spyware again manually. Somehow someone somewhere in cyberspace had the ability to disable my spyware.

I'm playing a phone game with my internet security company. I'm going to have them walk me through their secret passage to getting to everything to see what else has been effected on my computer.

I'm trying to tell all of you on lymenet....THERE IS A HUGE COMPUTER BUG THAT HAS BEEN ATTACHED TO MY COMPUTER. Lymetoo is trying to tell you in this thread that it could be more serious than your lymenet.

Lymetoo and I both have major problems caused by a hacker/scammer. We believe it's related to this site.

Pam

--------------------

MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Pam

Are you actually doing a virus scan every day or just running the update program?

Make sure you do a full system scan on your PC.

If you have a virus that keeps coming back, you will have to turn off system restore and then run your anti-virus program again.

To turn off system restore:
Start
All programs
Accessories
System tools
System restore

When you get to the system restore part just disable and you'll get a box asking if you really want to, just click yes.

I'll try to get back here and post a link to another program I use for Trojans.

You can look for yourself if you want. It's called A2-Anti-Trojan and they have a pay one and a free one, look for the free one and download it, then run it on your PC with nothing else open, like your browser or email.

As far as catching a virus from this site or any other site for that matter, it's not possible unless you get a window saying something wants to install on your PC, if you click on yes you would be allowing the virus in but I have never seen a virus yet on a BB system. [Smile]

Steve

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
steve, thanks for your expertise in this helping us non-literate ones on this procedure! [group hug] [kiss]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope I can figure out what you just posted, Steve.

I DID find out that my internet provider has had its own issues for the past 10-12 days....exactly how long I've been in this nightmare.

They didn't own up to that info until today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Hi there

Your welcome Betty. I've done this PC stuff way too long but just help friends and family out now.

Tu

You'll do fine print my directions and follow the steps.

I did not get a chance to get the link for A2 anti-trojan today but I'll try again tomorow and from the looks of things, a lot of you should run this program at least once anyhow.

Steve

pj1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed its running slooooooooooooow too.

About as slow as the cdc is at admitting lyme is a growing problem.

Posts: 294 | From sw chicago suburbs | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hubernacker
Member # 14548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hubernacker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty common on message boards to get spyware and such. Those that do it will always be ahead of those who try to protect against it. It's the world we live in now. Just make sure you have antivirus and spyware, and it runs regularly.
Posts: 39 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Does the board itself get the spyware/viruses or only the visitors?
[confused]

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

I finally met up with my internet security company on the phone yesterday. I had been deleting spies for three day. Running anti-virus and looking at my firewall.

I made lots of protective changes to my computer before I got on the phone with support. He actually hooked up to my computer and went through everything from his end and I could watch me going through everything. It was cool.

I just love a total computer nerd. I've learned alot on my own the last week. He taught me alot more about protection on this thing we call the world wide web.

Everytime we sign on we are possbily having someone try to spam us, hack us, spy on us etc.
If you have all the anti-virus, spyware and firewalls in place you should be fine. But....

I found out that I had spies galore attached to me and they were following me around, including lymenet.

When I was running sooooo slow and everything was locking up on me Monday, I went looking and found my spyware was disabled. At that time I had 170 spyware attached.

I deleted them and went to lymenet and stayed on maybe 30 minutes and logged out and I had 10 more spyware attached. All day long Thurs & Friday I was watching them watch me.

I was a cleaning fool. lol Support assured me as he snooped around in my computer while I watched that I had no viruses. He loved the way I had set my computer to now clean, sweep and delete everyday for viruses and spyware.

If you can stay ahead of them (the bad guys in www) you can help your computer and speed things up. I'm now freely go here and there on the web and not feeling so invaded.

They might have the ability to latch on to me, but they won't for long. Zap, they're gone.

Remember they don't go away. You have to keep going after them too.

Pam

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement