LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pain in wrist- only while in FL?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain in wrist- only while in FL?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the life of me I could NOT understand why my wrists.. one at a time or both.. hurt more than normal and have a lot of sharp pain on/off when I go to Florida.

And it happens ONLY when I am in Florida.

For as long as I can remember this has been happening.

???

TODAY I figured out why!

I am so sure no one could figure this out that I'll kiss Wormser if you can guess what is causing this to happen.

It's a funny one for sure.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.. I re-thought that.

I won't really kiss Wormser...

[puke]

But I thought it would make you laugh.

Any guesses?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmm. Did you go to Disney World?

My guesses include, but aren't limited to the following:

1. Waving too hard at Mickey Mouse [Big Grin]

2. Holding on too tight on the rides

3. Waving over the cabana boy again and again just to see his cute behind [Big Grin]

4. Twirling those cute little paper umbrellas from your many non-alcoholic drinks?

5. Having to constantly slather on sun lotion.

I have to admit, I had fun thinking about this.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!

That was fun thinking about too! I will have to save that list and revist it later.

Everyday!

[lol]

I WISH it were one of those reasons... but alas.. not to be. It wasn't that fun! But more "strange".

GREAT tries though!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INTERESTING POINT:

if you do not live at sea level ie florida
then your normal barometric pressure is lower.

when i was at our mountain house the normal
barometric pressure was 960mb
the lowest reported pressure in florida was,
wilma at 988.

i had no pain in my knees in mountains.

theory. lower barometric pressure at constant rate
ie years at lower pressure would make your
body acclimated to the lower pressure.
going to a higher pressure, sea level would make your joints hurt due to more force pushing in the body and more pressure pressing out from
the body.

however if you get a low drop in barometric pressure this would tend to cause most peoples joints to hurt ie.weather front moving in.
this i can't explain, but everybody here gets pain when it rains.

so my long point is stay in you own darn state.
you didn't even come by to say hello.

i would have splurged for lunch or dinner.

so in conclusion : i don't know anything more
than you do.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it from getting up and down from lying on the beach?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heat destroys me and makes me physically sick and achy all over.

-

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You keep hitting yourself because you don't drink V-8 when you are in Florida.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it from secretly riding all those scary rides at Disney World and having to hang on way too tight your muscles in your wrist spasm?!!! [Wink]
Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the 'critter' bangs under your camper in middle of nite,,,

you bolt upright using your hands and wrists to force you to sit upright,,,FAST!!

Case closed!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, related to my last guess, sitting on your towel on the beach, leaning back on your hands for support .... your wrists get tired.

Or, throwing a Frisbee .... but I doubt that because can anyone really throw with either hand causing BOTH wrists to hurt?

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

HA!

You all are making me laugh and I guess that is what I wanted to see.

[lol]

Doc Dave... after several days on the road.. NO ONE would want to see me. I limped in with an overloaded 20 year old truck piled so full you couldn't see the front from the back end.. and I was snowed on, rained on and the wind about blew me off the highway the whole time.

Plus it was COLD all the way. NOT a good trip.

But.. not sure what area you are in?

If lunch is still possible... I like fish sandwiches.

[Big Grin]

Sixgoofy...

That DOES make wrists hurt, doesn't it. Ouch big time. But that isn't it. Good try though!

[Razz]

HA! Acorn you make me giggle. You look "cool".

[Cool]

Aniek...

FUNNY one!!! And what you say about not enough V-8 is true.. but sorry.. not the right answer. hehehe

[bonk]

Lifeline...

That WOULD do it too! Gotta laugh.. as that HAS happened in the past. Even now.. just watching others on those rides causes me to clentch up!

Are you a Disney fan? And sorry, try again later.

[Wink]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don... GOOD ONE! hehehe

Or shall I say "hee haw" for you?

HA!

[lol]

Good guess, but no cigar. Sorry!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Sixgoofy...

Or is that doofy? I know, I'm bad.

I only WISH I could throw a Frisbee with one hand.. either of them. My aim was horrible, therefore, my Frisbee days were very short.

It's called a window, a kid on a bike, and a disgruntled neighbor.

[Eek!]

And no.. sorry.. no cigar for you either.

Please try again!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it from Fishing??? Casting the rod out, then having to reel it back in???? [Cool]

Or

From having to shade your eyes from the sun?? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Such a good response!! FISHING!

That is another possibility since I do love to go fishing.

But... this reason is totally stupid.. and happens while NOT doing something fun.

Good try though!

[Big Grin]

I have a feeling someone didn't read the disclaimer and still thinks I MIGHT kiss Wormser.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhmmmm Swatting Flies??? Or Gnats??? [Eek!]

Or

Fanning yourself from the heat?

Or

Does it have something to do with cleaning? [dizzy]

This is fun [Smile]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about unloading and putting away all that stuff from your overloaded truck? [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is: from all the driving and gripping the steering wheel.

or

If someone else is driving, then its from grabbing the dash or the door handles, like when going too fast around curves...Or having the brakes jammed on cause the car in front of you suddenly stopped.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The steering wheel. [bonk]

That was a good guess.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

From something not fun? Okay, it was definitely GOLF!

Or, you get sore wrists from holding everyone else's stuff while they do something fun!

--------------------

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 6 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving, unpacking, cleaning, doing more now that you are in better weather?

And please don't kiss anything wormy!! Haven't you had enough of 'all-things-gross-and-disease-causing'????????? [Eek!]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should go to shoreline west of Florida and see if your wrists hurt?

Let's see you would start in Alabama. Then Mississippi? Then Louisana? Then Texas?

I didn't look at a map. Well, just the hurricane maps in my mind. That's scarey. I hope I didn't get my map wrong?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it gone completely & immediately when you return from Florida?

Do you always go at the same time of year?

How many people do you go with & what are their ages?

Are you camping while down there?

What part of Florida are you going to?

[confused]

Could it be from hoisting an umbrella to block the sun or pulling a cooler? Maybe carrying a heavier than usual handbag? Or holding a camera? I think someone may have already said shielding your eyes from the sun??

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From having to use a LAPTOP to access LymeNet!!

[Cool]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From NOT doing something fun?

From not being on Lymenet?

Not so much of a stretch actually. When my hands and wrists hurt, typing makes them feel better. It's something about getting the fingers moving.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From hauling all the ice cream to your house to eat while no one is looking!

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i like Geneal's guesses best, and just don's too, but no, huh?

ok, let me think. wrist pain while in florida. hmm.

can't be humidity, 'cause lord knows we git enough of THAT around here when you're here.

and i assume it can't be from flipping the bird more down there, because you're too righteous to hurt yourself being vulgar.

ok, is it because you are wearing your wrists out from slathering on so much bug and tick repellant every day?

or from turning your sheets and towels over so often looking for crawling critters?

eh? dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

heeeee heee heeeee

You all are FUN EEEEEEE!!!

[lol]

All guesses took some thought.. and all are good.

And ONE person now is sooooooooo close I should give it up.

Actually.. I think no one could have come that close... but they did!

What do you say? Is the game over?

Wanna know the answer?

And.. most important..

Does the one with the closest answer have to kiss Wormser?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

First - Who is wormser???? [confused]

Second -

Whats the answer - I'm clueless

[bonk] [loco] [dizzy]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, come on, tinny..

who is the closest??

and if its me, NO WAY am i kissing the Worm...

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly, it's NOT you; it's ME!! lol [hi] [kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betcha it's the Barometric pressure. That year there were so many hurricanes in FL was affecting many Lymies in Michigan (including me) and my doctor's nurse thought it was from Barometric pressure. I get strange symptoms like that in FL too.

--------------------
RV

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

I bet it was me lol [woohoo] [dizzy] [lick]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrying a camera IN your handbag? [Big Grin]

LOL

Wait! - Video Recorder??

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

Wanna know the answer?

And.. most important..

Does the one with the closest answer have to kiss Wormser?

I WANNA KNOW!!!!

and

NO!!!!!!!!! [puke] That's just TOO gross!!!
(then again, that depends on WHO got it right! [Big Grin] [lol] )

--------------------

hubernacker
Member # 14548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hubernacker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have an ergonomic keyboard at home, but not wherever you are in Florida?
Posts: 39 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one cruel woman. First off I'm in Ky where it is fricking cold. I hate winter. Tincup is probably on the beach with the sun in her face.

Some people are no fun to play with.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

They are especially not fun when they make you WAIT SO LONG FOR AN ANSWER!!! [lol]

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

Tincup, W A K E U P ! ! !

Wake up, Wake up, wherever you are!!!!!!!!

Quit teasing us woman!

This has become cruel & unusual torture. You KNOW I have NO patience!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

yeah- what Ali said... [Big Grin]

pickles dill

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, TC, please don't tell me it is from all the addtional Vitmain D you are getting from more sunshine.... [Frown]

Well, before your wrists get too bad, at least go catch a Tarpon down in Islamorada (sp). That dang fish was bigger than I was!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the vitamin D from sunshine AND the barometric pressure increase AND the temperature: the joint linings (synovia) can make the 1 alpha hydroxylase that converts 25 hydroxy vitamin D into 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D, so when you get into the sun, your skin makes chloecalciferol in the subcutaneous fat, the cholecalciferol is more soluble when the temp is high, and the increase in barometric pressure exerts more force on the lymphatic fluid to drive it into the bloodstream. The liver can handle the extra D, but the kidneys can't because you are dehydrating yourself in that heat, so the joint 1 alpha hydroxylase is upregulated to compensate, but in the joints that you just strained gripping the steering wheel on what sounds like a white knuckle ride. Either that or you are putting on so much sunscreen that your vitamin D isn't going up but the brain is expecting it to because of the light sensitive Pineal gland being overstimulated AND you're overtaxing the liver with oil soluble toxin from the Sea & Ski, so the vitamin D doesn't hydroxylate and stays low; the strained wrists are trying to upregulate the conversion of D locally to treat themselves.
Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UVB (sunny FL) increases ROS. (So does far infrared!)

ROS = Reactive oxygen species = free radicals.

Got that?

Pycnogenol (antioxidant).

Also...about the barometric pressure changes....can/likely destroys cell wall *deficient* forms.

Many of us - even those without Bb, but likely harboring OTHER pathogens - have aches and pains when the barometer changes. I think this is where Mother Nature helps us out.

1st step to destroying a pathogen is to destroy the protein cell wall/s then osmotic (or I suspect barometric) pressure changes help to "finish the job".

Likely also tied into NO (nitric oxide) + oxygen + barometric pressure levels which are inter-related.

For help in understanding...

http://www.physorg.com/news112962760.html

Fascinating...and an easy read.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know, i know.
its from lifting her hat at all the good looking men on the beach.
lifting those beer bottles to the sky
and shaking hands with my good friend donny.

were you on donnies boat without me????

where are you in fl????

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

stymie-

careful not to guess TOO well.

the winner has to kiss The Worm, you know.

[Big Grin] pickles

Tincup
Member # 5829

Well pucker up Ms. Dill Pickle..

YOU get to kiss the Worm!

[lol]

I do believe Dilly came the closest.

But YOU decide if she has to kiss the worm!

HA!

When I am in Florida... I automatically.. without even thinking about it... do something I don't do up north.

Everytime I change clothes, pick up a blanket, get clothes from the dresser or closet, pick up a towel, move a pillow, or pick up my shoes..

I shake them hard with a snapping motion a few times to be sure there are no scorpions in them.

THAT IS WHY MY WRISTS HURT IN FLORIDA!

Now isn't that a STUPID reason?

Snapping for scorpions!!! Who'd a thunk?

The luckiest day of my life so far was when I actually FOUND the scorpion BEFORE putting on my panties.

Whew... close call that day!

[Eek!]

I've caught at least six of the little critters.. been zapped 3 times.. and since nothing can get rid of them.. it is just something I live with.

I am amazed that I never figured that out till NOW!

So pucker up Dilly...

You win!

But sooooooooo many good tries!!! And I laughed.

Thanks for that!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Geneal
Member # 10375

I had no idea there were scorpions in Florida! [Eek!]

Hugs,

Geneal

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:
I had no idea there were scorpions in Florida! [Eek!]

Hugs,

Geneal

Oh, yes .... my mom had one crawl across her foot when she was a kid and was in a shower at the local pool ... she stood very still until it was off her foot, then screamed!

--------------------

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Oh man!! i was closest??!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

waah. but i don't WANT to kiss the Worm.

1- i was just JOKING.
2- it wasn't really me
3- the dill pickle did it.

yah. that'll work. the dill pickle did it.

[Big Grin] sometimes me [Big Grin]

ps- scorpions in your PANTIES??!! and you go to FL because WHY??!!!

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahaha. this thread has me cracking up. i needed that today. thanks tincup!! [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I laugh too.. you all are funnnnnn eeeeeee!

[lol]

I see now Ms. Dilly don't want to be kissing no worms.

HA!

But who can blame her?

[Razz]

And yes Virginia, there are scorpions in Florida.

[Smile]

IF you are stung... it hurts worse than any other kind of sting I've ever had.. times 100!

But the pain doesn't last too long. A couple days and you are good as new.

And from that point on...

You ALWAYS do the scorpion snapping dance.

[Big Grin]

Now who wants to do the NEXT guessing game?

[hi]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

It's funny, with my OCD tendencies from Lyme, I always check my bed for spiders .... hubby has always thought I was nuts. It didn't help that I actually found a spider in there! I was just about to give up the habit, till I saw the spider! Now he doesn't say anything and just humors me with the annoying habit. I'm sure he was glad he didn't have to sleep with that spider. [Big Grin]

BTW, this habit started in Texas .... I was looking for scorpions.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Well, nice to see I am not alone!

I also shut all my windows in the vehicles as snakes tend to want to slither in and squirrels will get in and tear apart all sorts of stuff if I don't.

I had a METAL trash can here to protect my birdseed.. with a very tight lid.. and also 2 bungie cords holding the lid down in case the wind blew or the heavy can were to be knocked over somehow.

When I got here the squirrels had eaten through both bungie cords... but were not able to pop the top after all that work they did.

YO HO YOU SQUIRRELS...

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

dearest tin-tin:

let's review,ok?

you have something under your house that goes bump in the night, scorpions in your underwear,snakes slithering here and thither,and squirrels chewing up great big solid chunks of nylon.

um. and you go to Florida to RELAX??!!! [bonk]

dilly

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lived in Florida, never saw a scorpion ......... I still think its the
gallon containers of ice cream.

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Yes scorpions, spiders, ants, and snakes like to invade our personal spaces,

so you have you check your bed daily, shake your cloths before you put them on, check your shoes, etc.

nothing is safe if it sits undisturbed for too long.

Believe Me -
[bonk]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Geneal
Member # 10375

And here I was thinking I only had to worry about the ticks! [bonk]

I hate snakes though. Last year I had to kill two copperheads and

Had my neighbor kill one. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

Ms. Dilly,

What if you just swallow the worm from let's say a tequila bottle?

Would that count as a kiss? [Big Grin]

With all of these insects/wildlife it is a wonder any of our

Earlier ancestors survived. [Smile]

Last night my husband saw a coyote running close to our house.

That's it. Kids cannot go outside without me!!

Those stinkers sneak out the door all the time.

Good news is that with 7 dogs, chances of Wiley Coyote

Coming to my house is slim and none.

My husband really needs to put the fence back up......soon!

I really appreciate all the laughs and fun.

It is so good for the soul.

Hugs,

Geneal

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, you think a coyote will attack your children?

Unless you dress your kids up to look like sheep or like poodles or something, your kids are more likely to get hit by an asteroid than get attacked by a coyote.

Now your dogs are another matter.... both wolves and coyotes will attack dogs....

Hey, there's always something out there to alarm us, but we've got to keep it in perspective. Keep whacking those copperheads, though.... yikes.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Dilly said... "you have something under your house that goes bump in the night, scorpions in your underwear,snakes slithering here and thither,and squirrels chewing up great big solid chunks of nylon. um. and you go to Florida to RELAX??!!!"

Yep.. I guess I might need to re-think that.. but actually nature has never been as evil as I've seen man to be. At least I know with nature the attacks aren't personal.

I would invite you down... but with all these weird things going on...

I don't think I could handle having a WORM KISSER in the house too!

I mean a girl has her limits!

HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Geneal
Member # 10375

Actually, I am more afraid of my dogs getting

Into a fight with said coyotes and my

Children being around that.

Plus it drives me crazy that they sneak out.

The snakes scare me, have found tons of ticks lately,

And we are getting ready to start construction on a house.

They need to listen and be supervised.

They are a little afraid of a coyote. My husband told them

They had super long teeth and claws! [Eek!]

At least now they aren't sneaking out. [Smile]

I guess I am a manipulative mother trying to out manipulate my two children. [Big Grin]

Hugs,

Geneal

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I claim foul on this one!!!

You HAVE to be a Floridian to get that right!!

Us poor hick folk,,,would never get THAT right cause we dont live in Scorpian country.

Closest we can come to that is needing to shake the 'toads' out of our shoes that set outside, NOT the same.

Or keep bumblebees out of our drink cans. Which is solved by NOT drinking anything BUT water!!Shu- fly and drink away!!

Who in their RIGHT mind would brave all those critters PLUS a stray alligator just to live in the land of sunshine???

You better come visit ME next time TC,,,see I did find a reason for all this finger peckin!!Bring your ice skates tho!!( [Big Grin] ) **self portrait** of --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

trust me, Just Don, i am NOT a floridian.

actually, florida is one of only 3 states i haven't been to before at all.

now that i hear what slithers and shrieks and gnaws and bumps and lurks down there, i have NO intention of going anywhere near the place, even IF the good TC ever DID invite me, and even if she threw in promises of ice-cream parties everynight to boot.

And to Geneal- EAT the worm? GROSS!! And out of a TEQUILA bottle??

Ask AliG sometime what the very THOUGHT of tequila does to me. [dizzy] [dizzy] [dizzy]

the dill

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Come on guys, Florida is not that bad, really - [Razz]

It just gets so hot out side, the critters try to find someplace cool and dry. [dizzy]

Today the temp. got to 74 - no rain, it was great. [Cool]

We just have to go out of state to find great LLMD's.

My daughter was wearing shorts today. [Smile]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa....wait a minute here....

I am leaving for Florida on Friday for a week in Orlando....JUST WHERE ARE THESE SCORPIONS?????

My mother lives in the Keys and has never mentioned any such thing!!!!

[rant]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

they hide almost anywhere, in your cabinets like in a bowl or in the linen closet, anywhere it wants.

We normally contact the pest control and have our house treated for them every 6 months or so, its just a why of life down here.

And we aren't talking about the big ones like in the dessert, these here can get to be about the size of a large paper clip, but no bigger.

You should be on the look out for spiders: brown recluses, brown house spiders, and black widows.

Normally if you leave them alone - they don't mess with you. They like dark spaces.

So, check the beds before getting in, shake your shoes before sliding them on etc.

We also have pine roaches - they fly. [bonk]

You Know normal stuff for Florida [dizzy] [spinning smile]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

stymielymie
Member # 10044

i got thousands of camelions never have seen
a scorpion.
seen alligators, snakes, armadillos,parrots,
dragonflies.

must be a west coast florida thing.
my first wife was a vampire, when it came to money!!!! lol
docdave

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

My parents are both from the West Coast of Florida ... I practically grew up there and lived there for a couple years.

I never saw a scorpion .... saw lots of chameleons, like doc says. Also lots of roaches.

Alligators are near fresh water and golf courses, so just stay away from fresh water, go to the beach. They come get them off the golf courses when they get too big.

I see more spiders up north and when I live in CA than I did there.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Roaches? Nah.

Southerners have fancied up the name for them and they polietly refer to them as "Palmetto bugs".

And those suckers.. which look exactly like roaches... get big as a soup bowl!

One of our favorite past times is having Roach Races.

[Big Grin]

You ALL make me laugh!

Oh.. and my mind is rarely EVER in the gutter (not automatically anyhow).. and I usually miss those types of referrences.. but...

kb... I HAVE to laugh at your signature every time I see it. I believe it is Jeff Foxworthy who refers to people's "privates" as their "happy place."

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Oh, TC now I am going to have to change it.

Because I will think of the same thing everytime I post something now. [bonk]

And to clear it up - I got the phrase from "Happy Gilmore" the movie with Adam Sandler -

you know when he golfs he was told to find his happy place. [Smile]

Gee- Thanks [Razz]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Tincup
Member # 5829

HA! I am sure you must have gotten it from something other than Jeff Foxworthy... but it still makes me laugh.

PLEASE feel free to leave it!

Actually some days it may be the only smile I get!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement