LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glyconutrients for lyme..aloe same deal but cheap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glyconutrients for lyme..aloe same deal but cheap
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan Rosen new book out, says glyconutrients pull cysts out and assit in killing the ketets. But after reading up it looks like plain old aloe vera is chuck full of these natural sugars...so it seems that aloe good alt to these way overpriced natural sugars claimed to pull the cysts out and help the body to kill off lyme. In fact, swanson vitamins "esst sugars" IS aloe vera, verifing what I am suggesting...that aloe is the same deal but w.o the hyped price.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is amazing because I have taken a very pure form of aloe for a very long time. Do you have the link by any chance, I'd love to read it!

Thanks.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

No, its a book. 2008 lyme disease annual report bray rosner. I get a kick of out they charge big bucks for aloe vera thats just repacked. Read about the ingredients...its just aloe vera!!!
jamescase20
Unregistered

Here, this is how I came up with the aloe connection, Activive (misspelled sorry) which claims to have these glycosugars, is made from aloe. Its on the ingred. list. Also, swansonvitamins.com sells these sugars that heal...and the ingred. is Aloe!!!
See this swanson link. BTW, this is by far the cheapest vitamin supplier I have ever found, but I have found 5htp and perhaps art is counterfeit from swanson. And it says it delievers ALL the glyconurt.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&productId=19142&R=16989&keyword=ESSENTIAL+SUGARS&Ntt=ESSENTIAL+SUGAR S&Ntk=Level1&productDropBox=null&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=4294967183&brandDropBox=null&healthConcernDropBox=null

jamescase20
Unregistered

Another point here, if you read the swanson link, it clearly states aloe as the ONLY active ingred that supplies ALL 8 of the glyconurtirnts. Now why didnt brayn rosen in his book tell us simple aloe IS ALL 8? Hes motives are totally suspect as he states a actual brand name AND the website to buy this product. I am beinging to comp discount this bryan guy as simply ads for companies. Maybe this works, but this guys in it for the money period. At the end of his books he has like 20 pages of ads touting all sorts of books videos, rife machines btw, which cost thousands of dollars!! I dont trust this guy one bit.
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I don't know about the cyst thing, but will look at what Rosner writes about that and also read what the sources he cites have to say regarding that.

Thanks for the information.

Just be sure whatever you buy is processed well, without chemicals and is the cleanest source you can find - and not sitting in hot plastic bottles in storage or along the way.

A few years ago there was a book : Sugars that Heal. You can check that out or other similar ones.

Medical mushrooms, too, have these some of these sort of nutrients.

And, here's a thought: how can we find these nutrients in the foods we eat?

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Good point keeb...Swanson (and PLEASE I am not indoresing them, but they happen to also sell that book) 'Sugars that heal'

BTW, it is WELL knowns that baterica LOVE sugar...I can atest to that, as a teenager if I avoided ALL sugars I got no acne at all, if I ate even an apple, I got ance bigtime.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Yeah, the debate about sugar is tricky.

On the basic level, our brains simply cannot live without food sugars - various carbohydrates.

However, sugar, as we know it in our food supply today, is relatively new to humans and not at all a healing sugar.

-

[ 03. February 2008, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

I am wondering to myself, years ago I got on a no sugar kick, using only nutrasweet for about 5 years or so, looking back, I know I was infected with lyme at that time. And I had experienced no symtoms of the disease during this time, I worked full time, felt pretty good. I wonder if some of these sugar subs could actually get the cysts to open and follow these fake non nurt. sweeteners and actually end up killing the bugs. Tricking them into eating the fake sugar and somehow killing them. Just a thought. There def needs to be more research on these topics.
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
james

I don't think artificial sugar of any kind is good for us. Lab tests have shown that even artificial sugar substitutes cause spikes in our blood sugar levels.

If you were avoiding all sugar sources, odds were you were eating better. Sugar (not true about glyco sugars) suppresses the immune system.

By avoiding sugar, you took one burden off your immune system which was probably enough at that time to enjoy good health.

Thanks for the info about aloe. I have an unopened bottle from Premier Labs. I think I will open it.

Luvs

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Good point, but thinking and knowing are two dif things. Besides, we WANT a spike in blood sugars to force the cysts to open up and come out to play so we can then kill the bugs inside. And if the sugar is really FAKE sugar, perhaps it in itself could actually cause harm to the bugs as they try to eat the fake sugar. Of course, who knows? I dont. But I sure wish I had a beaker and a microscope to see what the bad little bug does when treated with these sugar subs.
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update:

Coincidentally, my wife's boss gave her a pamphlet to bring home on glyconutrients today.

Supposedly, they can:

- increase # of natural killer cells
- activate t-cell when invaders are present
- decrease cell death for CFS sufferers
- elevate disease resistance
- act as antioxidants
- protect against toxins and pollutants
- slow premature aging
- decrease inflammation
- help immune cells recognize invaders

Keep in mind that the source is trying to sell their own product, but as James said, we can just take regular aloe juice / gel to achieve the same results!

Not too shabby, imo.

EDIT: oh, and I found this too, James:
http://heartspring.net/glyconutrient_sources.html

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More..... quoted from lef.org:

"ALOE VERA, A GLYCONUTRIENT

Dr. H.R. McDaniel, M.D., an affiliate of Mannatech Inc., has spent 16 years exploring the therapeutic nature of Aloe vera. In 2000, McDaniel addressed Comprehensive Cancer Care, a conference highlighting the latest and most promising of current techniques converging upon cancer therapy. As a result of this appearance, Dr. McDaniel was invited (August 28, 2001) to present the glyconutrient principle before the Royal Society of Medicine (London, England) and the United Nations-sponsored 17th International Conference on Nutrition. The following material (excerpted from these presentations) should be viewed as part of an integrated approach to treat cancer, not as an independent therapy.

The virtues of the aloe plant (chronicled in the writings of Hippocrates) have evolved to include a strong anticancer connection (Corsi et al. 1998). It was determined that aloe juice reduced tumor mass and the frequency of metastasis in rats (Gribel et al. 1986). Aloe protected individuals with weakened immune systems against infection (Klein et al. 1988). Random scientific papers, plus scores of anecdotal reports relating to cancer regressions, spurred a group of physicians and scientists to study the nature and role of carbohydrates in biological events; a science referred to as glycobiology emerged.

The active ingredients in aloe are eight chains of mannose sugars, (glucose, galactose, mannose, fructose, xylose, N-acetylglucosamine, N-acetylgalactosamine, and N-acetylneuraminic acid). Scientists determined that the eight sugars (super carbohydrates), frequently missing in the diet, are important to intercellular communication (Reynolds et al. 1999).

Glycoproteins (on the surface of every cell) serve as signals to tell other cells who they are and what they need. If the cells do not have enough of the right sugars, they cannot make the correct glycoproteins, and the cell-to-cell messages become disrupted. Subsequently, the immune system cannot effectively wage an offensive against bacterial and viral pathogens or rapidly dividing cancer cells. The sugars of aloe ensure that internal networking (cell-to-cell communication) is swift and accurate.

Note: The reader should not confuse the natural sugars of Aloe vera with sucrose, that is, common table sugar. The sugars contained in glyconutrients are naturally occurring sugars (not sweet to the taste) that elicit no blood glucose rise or insulin rush.

A number of enzymes (endonucleases, hydrolases, esterases, and lipases) are produced from the sugars of aloe. Enzymatic reactions power up lymphocytes, white blood cells (about a trillion in number) that bear the major responsibility of immune surveillance. When white blood cells phagocytose (envelop and destroy) bacteria, virus, and cancer, enzymes produced on the mannose system optimize the cell's performance.

Aloe vera has an extraordinary antioxidant profile, with much of its activity gained by increasing reduced glutathione levels (Hu et al. 2003). Antioxidants neutralize free radicals produced as a result of aggressive cancer treatments, as well as those produced naturally through biological events. For example, as the mitochondria produce energy to fuel cellular functions, a plethora of free radicals results. A cell deprived of reduced glutathione is unprotected and subject to free-radical damage (a precursor to cancer) (Toyokuni 1998). Reduced glutathione can independently protect against free radicals or increase the efficiency of vitamin E (a lipid-soluble antioxidant), vitamin C (a water-soluble antioxidant), and superoxide dismutase (an enzyme that converts superoxide radicals into less toxic agents). Many patients may be able to complete aggressive courses of chemotherapy when aloe accompanies treatment (Nersesian et al.1990; Wang et al. 2001).

Dr. Glen Hyland, a Mayo trained oncologist, reviewed the health histories of 100 cancer patients (extracted from a three-state analysis) who used glyconutrient therapy as a part of their cancer treatment. Dr. Highland marveled at the speed at which patients receiving glyconutrients experienced a reduction in the size of squamous cell carcinomas (lung) and oat cell carcinomas (usually originating in the bronchi or lungs). Numbers of erythrocytes (red blood cells), leukocytes (white blood cells), and thrombocytes (platelets) did not diminish when glyconutrients were a part of cytotoxic therapies. Dr. Hyland commented that normal cells appeared protected and abnormal cells appeared more sensitive to treatment, when Aloe vera was a part of an integrated approach.

Various cancer patients have experienced remarkable reversals in health status after adding aloe to their protocol. It was, in fact, triumphant accounts of Aloe vera enhancing the efficacy of previously failed treatments that spurred the glyconutrient movement. From the files of Dr. McDaniel, a few case studies have been extrapolated to illustrate the value of Aloe vera as an adjunct in cancer therapy.

* A male (68 years old) presented the symptoms of obstructive urinary symptoms, elevated PSA, and more than 100 nodules of metastatic lesions in the lungs. Dreadfully ill and having failed other therapies, polymannose, a first-generation glyconutrient discovered in the early 1980s, was added to the protocol. After an additional year of conventional therapy (that included Aloe vera), the lungs were cleared of nodules, energy levels rebounded, and quality of life returned. He appears quite healthy as he approaches the 10th anniversary of being told his condition was terminal.
* A researcher, trained under a NIH cancer fellowship and hostile toward the carbohydrate/cancer theory, reluctantly entered into a trial to determine the value of glyconutrients in cancer treatment. Laboratory mice were injected with Norman's Sarcoma, a type of cancer carrying a 100% death rate; half of the test animals were also injected with 1 mg/kg of the glyconutrient polymannose. About 1 month into the trial, all control animals were dead; conversely, all animals receiving one injection of polymannose were alive, and at the 2-month interval, 40% had survived. Amazed with the results, the researcher repeated the test, but doubled the concentration of the carcinogen. The results were, nonetheless, the same. The odds improved when the therapeutic injections were increased: 52% were alive when receiving 1 injection per week, and 67% survived when the complete formula (all monosaccharides required for glycoprotein synthesis) was injected.
* A 38-year-old breast cancer patient presented with 10 lytic skeletal bone lesions and a mass appearing on the neck. The patient also had liver involvement and ascites (an intraperitoneal accumulation of water and electrolytes) making her appear 8 months pregnant. Having failed earlier courses of chemotherapy, the treatment was repeated, but this time glyconutrients were a part of the protocol. At 1 year, the ascites had cleared, and no evidence of cancer was detected. She survived approximately 7 years after being advised by her oncologist that she had less than 6 months to live.

Reports of Aloe vera being life-saving to cancer patients are not scarce. Dr. Julian Whitaker reported that a 10-year-old boy diagnosed with a rare brain tumor (a meningioma) went into total remission after drinking 8 oz of whole-leaf Aloe vera concentrate a day for 3 months. Because surgeons were unable to remove the entire tumor, its continued growth rendered an uncertain prognosis. At the time of the Whitaker report, the child was living a normal life and participating in sports but drinking Aloe vera juice every day (Whitaker 1995).

The following animal trials are included to add additional strength to human studies. Acemannan, a polysaccharide (carbohydrate) isolated from aloe rind, was administered intraperitoneally and intralesionally to 43 dogs and cats with spontaneous tumors. Twenty-six of the animals showed histopathological evidence of immunological attack, evidenced by marked necrosis or lymphocytic infiltration. Twelve animals experienced obvious clinical improvement as assessed by tumor shrinkage, tumor necrosis, and prolonged survival (Harris et al. 1991).

Feline leukemia is a disease induced by an oncornavirus infection that inevitably causes death to clinically affected cats. It has been estimated that 40% of cats are dead within 4 weeks and 70% are dead within 8 weeks of the onset of symptoms. Administering acemannan for 6 weeks intraperitoneally to clinically symptomatic cats significantly improved quality of life and survival rates: 12 weeks after initiation of treatment, 71% of treated cats were alive and in good health. This study joins a medley of others, affirming Aloe vera's worth in veterinary settings (Sheets et al. 1991).

Oral administration of Aloe vera is remarkably safe. It is, in fact, difficult to estimate lethal dose ranges via animal studies (Ikeno et al. 2002).

Suggested dosage: Begin with 2 tsp of glyconutrient powder 3 or 4 times a day. Some find they must slowly increase the dosage to achieve maximum benefits.

Mannatech Aloe vera products may be purchased at (800) 287-8373 (without an account) and at (800) 281-4469 (with an account). Complete documents relating to the material presented are available from the Fisher Institute for Medical Research, [email protected] , Fax: (972) 660-1245, or Telephone: (972) 660-1733). In addition, readers may be privy to information presented before the Royal Society of Medicine and the United Nations-sponsored 17th International Conference on Nutrition by purchasing tapes of Dr. McDaniel's Comprehensive Cancer Care 2000 lecture from the Conference Recording Service Inc. or by calling (800) 647-1110."

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wisconsin
Member # 14522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wisconsin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamescase, I want to pick up on something you stated in previous post. You said you don't trust Bryan Rosner. May I ask why?

It's so hard for me to believe that anyone who's suffered from Lyme would take advantage of others in the same scenario. I know, I know, I should get my head out of the clouds.

Rosner really stresses finding affordable, sustainable treatments. That doesn't sound like someone who's only motive is profit.
Do you have any other reason to doubt his motives besides the advertisements in his book?

I'm always striving to be fully informed, and staying off of bandwagons that will ultimately lead to distracting us from healing our son. For these reasons, I'd like to hear more about your viewpoint. Thanks much.

Posts: 44 | From Prairie du Sac | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jamescase, I noticed that you said Swanson's artemisin is no good, maybe fake? How did you figure it out??

I've been taking it for a month and can't tell if it's doing anything.

Can you let me know how to find out if it is real?

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

``Aloe Vera - the medicine plant'': Addendum by � Healing Cancer Naturally

According to the booklet ``The Miracle Sugars'', ``many of the plants around the world that have a high glyconutrient content are known as `healing plants'. Glyconutrients are found in aloe vera, astragalus, saps, gums, garlic, certain mushrooms, yeasts, husks, breast milk, coconut meat, echinacea, maize, pectins from fruits, some algae, certain herbs. Aloe vera ... contains mannose, galactose and arabinose. The leaves of this plant are extremely rich in polysaccharides (long-chain sugars) that give aloe its healing and anti-infection properties when used both externally and internally. Its mannose content is what makes aloe a superior immune booster.''

To my knowledge, Aloe Vera is the main source of glyconutrients used in the production of well-known MLM-marketed glyconutrient products. So to have an additional source of fresh and natural glyconutrients complementing my organic and preponderantly fresh food diet, I bought myself an aloe very plant and very occasionally harvest one of its leaves. Here is the description that came with my aloe vera:

``Aloe Vera (barbadensis) is a succulent of the lily family which grows in the dry regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America. It is one of the most amazing of all the 1.5 million species known to botanical science - a plant whose medical and cosmetic qualities have been celebrated for centuries. Ancient Egyptian, Roman, Greek and Chinese scholars wrote of its healing and beautifying powers. Cleopatra was believed to be an enthusiastic user of gel extracted from the plant, and this was the reason for her irresistible charm and beauty. Dioscorides, the famous first-century Greek herbalist, described in detail how the plant could be used for skin care and to treat blisters and burns, wounds, sunburn, piles, pains, stomach complaints and so on.

Millions of people all over the world have since made an Aloe Vera plant part of the household first-aid kit. Used on burns, wounds, insect bites, sunburn and the like, Aloe Vera eases pain and aids recovery.

Modern scientists studying the plant's properties have been able to confirm that Aloe Vera juice contains a biological stimulant which speeds healing of the skin and reduces scarring. Aloe Vera has been used a long time as an ingredient in a wide variety of cosmetic products, including face creams, shampoos, deodorants and so forth. However, many people believe that transparent gel freshly squeezed from Aloe leaves is more effective than the refined extract. Aloe Vera has all sorts of uses, many of which have been described in the various publications dealing with the plant listed in the ``Aloe Vera Handbook''.

How to use
Remove a leaf (preferably a mature one) with a sharp knife, then squeeze the transparent, somewhat slimy gel from the leaf and apply generously [I eat it]. Any unused parts of the leaf can be kept for about two weeks if wrapped in film and placed in a refrigerator [make sure to wrap it in a toxin-free film].

Plant care
Your Aloe Vera plant should be kept in a light, sunny spot at room temperature. Free-draining potting compost is also important. Take care not to overwater, especially in winter. Fertilizer should be given in the spring and summer.

Warning: do not expose the plant to frost or in summer to strong sunlight out of doors.''

jamescase20
Unregistered

I mistrust someone who endorses certain brands as brayn seems to do on anything and everything he writes. Exp those rife machines which cost many thousands of dollars, and therefore likely much profit. And if its simply aloe, why would brayan fail to mention that in the book. Like gree, manns. aloe is better? give me a break. Sorry, I could be wrong, but note, dr b generally dont endorse products in the tick guide. well, I guess he does too, I dknot konw.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement