LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV Rocephin then minocycline relapse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV Rocephin then minocycline relapse
linzlu
Member # 12818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linzlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did IV Rocepin for 3 months and had a lot of improvement then the "duck" would not give it anymore. Said I should be cured.

Found a LLMD and put on minocycline 300mg oral for 2.5 months. I was about to start pulsing with Flagyl then I started getting sick again with a return of some of my old symtoms.

Does anyone know if this sounds like I became resistant to the minocycline or did the minocycline never really worked and I just got sick again from being off the IV but delayed by 2.5 months.

It really seemed like the minocycline was working then one week I just started getting sicker. If its resistance 2.5 months is a pretty short time get resistant.

Has anyone relapsed so soon on Minocycline? I thougt it was the drug of choice for Lyme.

I'm now of Claforon shots and Flagyl for 3 weeks and slowly seems like I'm getting better.

Any comments or insight in this situation would be greatly appreaciated.

Lindsay

Posts: 19 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I relapsed after two courses of IV Rocephin. Relapse after IV Rocephin is not uncommon. This is because it can actually CREATE a form of bacteria called cell-wall-deficient or L-form. Basically the IV Rocephin killed all the "susceptible " bacteria leaving you with a more tenacious "resistant" form.

One treatment that seems to be especially effective at killing the resistant forms is the Marshall Protocol. Ultimately your immune system must eliminate them from your body.

Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linzlu
Member # 12818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linzlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I relapsed while minocycline which I thought would prevent any relapse from getting off the Rocephin. I take Claforn shots and Flagyl and slowly getting better.

I'd get better on minocycline then it just stopped and I started getting sick again.

It seems like the IV and shots are more effective for my illness. Does anybody have any idea why that would be?

Posts: 19 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if my daughter caught a virus, or is relapsing on mino. She all of a sudden got very sick this week with symptoms she hasn't had in a while.

She was making great progress on mino, then she started exercising.

I'm wondering if doing cardio has forced blood flow to areas of bacteria, and she is having a big die-off.

She has the itchy legs back, which was a big symptom when she first started minocycline last September.

Any ideas?

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement