LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my dog has "killed" 4 dogs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my dog has "killed" 4 dogs
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 dogs have died shortly after playing with my dog. one had a seizure the same day and never came out of it (already had seizure disorder, but was on meds)

one dog got lyme, but it was a slower death and died of kidney failure.

one dog was old and sick don't know what he died of. the neighbors dog died a week after playing with her, also don't know what

are there any TBI or other diseases dogs get that could be making us sick and killing other dogs? her vet doesn't believe in lyme, thinks its over-dx and over-tx

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Your dog is holding ?
Posts: 638 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a coincidence to ME!!!

But wanted to say,,,think its time to find a NEW vet!! This one sounds awful outdated!!

These dogs ALL experienced different sx and reasons for dieing,,,all of which were beyond YOUR control!!

AND they ALL could have had lyme,,, all previous to playing with yours. playing is NOT transmission!! Ask Merry for a better vet reccomendation!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may not just be the Lyme. How many cell phone towers do you have around you?

www.antennasearch.com

My pets were dropping like flies at my last address, and three consecutive male kittens either died or almost died at a young age.

The first died of fatty liver disease - age 2.

The second had FIP (a fatal corona virus) - age 2.

The third almost died (twice) of renal failure - age 2, and again last spring.

One of our hamsters developed a tumor so large he had to drag it to eat.

My next-door neighbor's kid was born with Down Syndrome, and later developed childhood leukemia.

A young boy two houses from me had a stroke - no cause ever found.

A woman across the street from me was seeing a neuro because she couldn't smell anymore.

Every one of my pets had some sort of chronic illness at a young age except my oldest cat (bladder stones, unexplained elevated liver enzymes, enlarged heart/congestive heart failure, recurrent infections), and I always thought cats at least were supposed to live to be at least 15.

Bacteria have a magnetic sense, so though it could be Lyme, I'd worry more about radiation exposure.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Just Don. Time to find a new vet!

Also.. Ehrlichiosis.. and now possibly this new strain of RMSF found in Maryland may be affecting the neighborhood pets.

The symptoms sound as if they could be the problem.. but I can not say that with any "for sure" about it.. not at all. Just a thought.

[Big Grin]

PS. Might want to call your vet and leave a message and casually ask if they have a test for amblyommii.

Of course, the vet will have NO clue what it is.. as it was just published... which is when you say...

"Oh, I thought you knew about the tick borne diseases in Maryland?" Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

[Big Grin]

[Razz]

Yes, stupid arrogant people don't bring out the best in me. Why?

Because people are suffering and dying.. and so are their pets.

Forget the ticks.. beware of doctors!

[rant]

````````````````````````````````````````````

Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases
Rickettsia amblyommii Infecting Amblyomma americanum Larvae

Ellen Y. Stromdahl, Mary A. Vince, Peggy M. Billingsley, Nicole A. Dobbs, Phillip C. Williamson. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases. February 1, 2008, 8(1): 15-24. doi:10.1089/vbz.2007.0138.

Polymerase chain reaction analysis of Amblyomma americanum adults, nymphs, and larvae from Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (APG), revealed a very high prevalence of a spotted fever group (SFG) rickettsia.

Restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) and sequence analysis identified ``Rickettsia amblyommii.''

This organism is not yet described or well studied, and its pathogenicity is unknown; however, investigations of the organism are warranted because of its high prevalence in A. americanum.

This tick is extremely abundant at military training facilities in the south, central, and Mid-Atlantic United States, and many soldiers experience multiple concurrent tick bites.

Bites by R. amblyommii-infected A. americanum may account for rates of SFG rickettsia seropositivity that are higher than reported rates of Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF) cases from the same location.

Seroconversion to SFG rickettsia following bites of A. americanum may suggest that R. amblyommii is infectious in humans.

Subclinical infection in the numerous A. americanum tick bite victims could contaminate donated blood and compromise immunodeficient recipients.

Detection of R. amblyommii in questing A. americanum larvae suggests transovarial transmission. The absence of R. rickettsii, the agent of RMSF, in A. americanum may be due to transovarial interference by R. amblyommii.

The likelihood of pathogen transmission by larvae is magnified by their habit of mass attack. The very small size of the larvae is also a risk factor for pathogen transmission.

High R. amblyommii prevalence in populations of A. americanum presage co-infection with other A. americanum-borne pathogens. A. americanum nymphs and adults from APG were found to be co-infected with R. amblyommii and Borrelia lonestari, Ehrlichia chaffeensis and Ehrlichia ewingii, respectively, and larval pools were infected with both R. amblyommii and B. lonestari.

Co-infections can compound effects and complicate diagnosis of tick-borne disease.

http://www.wms.org/Updates/STARI1_files/image003.jpg

Thanks to Looking in Canada for sharing this information.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is nothing to do with your dog. Did the dogs who died live near each other?

Neighbors have been known to poison neighborhood dogs from time to time.. [cussing]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, my dog is still holding.

she has had two operations for crutiate ligament and was hospitalized last year with some kind of illness that caused weight loss over a few months, then severe diarhea & vomitting. (she was in the hospital the same week I was)

she seems to be pretty healthy except for fatty tumors and a lump on her back.

I know they are all different symptoms and it probably is a coincidence, but I wonder if its possible she could be a carrier of TBI that show diff sx in diff dogs.

only one was a neighbor. the other two lived in maryland, the 4th was from NC.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Roro,

Since I put my pet on Andrographis, her fatty lumps are GOING DOWN.

I think you can do many of the Buhner Herbs for your pet:

Bloodroot (before 8AM to support Spleen, which is compromised for beings with TBD incl. Lyme)

Stinging Nettle (Blood Cleanser)

Stephannia (Anti-Lyme)

Andrographis (Anti-Lyme)

Graviola (Not sure, but indicated)

Wormwood (Anti-Lyme: Given 4 days before full moon, Fully Moon day, and 2 Days afterward)

There may be others. Tinctures is best.

Best wishes!

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement