LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stabbing Lung Pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stabbing Lung Pain
F0rbin
Member # 13792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F0rbin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been clinically diagnosed with Bart and Lyme.

Has anyone had any stabbing lung pain while breathing in, it comes and goes from day to day, mine is primarily on the right side, so it's not heart pain.

Posts: 25 | From US | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES FOrbin! This is an ongoing problem for me.

I've been clinically dx w/Lyme, only 1 band positive both Igg/Igm WB 41. I also have Mycoplasma and high EBV.

Not sure what the cause is for me. I also get similar pain in my guts.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I've been clinically dx w/Lyme, only 1 band positive both Igg/Igm WB 41. I also have Mycoplasma and high EBV.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this, and I think it was a herx, from Doxycycline, it started 14 days after I was on it, I was only on 100mgs twice a day,

because the herx was too much if I went to a higher dosage, I had to go to Emergency because after the 3rd day of this pain, I could not sleep lying down, every breath was

SEVERE, like a knife stabbing in my chest, I went to Emergency they did all tests, all normal.
I thought it could have been to do with my heart, because I think it was near the center of

my chest or over to the left of my chest.

It was SO SO scary, and the pain was incredible to breathe, every breath was sharp severe pain for over 1 week

the Dr at Emergency said it could be a pulled muscle but I dont know how, I was not doing anything,

Anyways, I did take some pain meds, but only for a2 days because I was afraid if I took them, and it got worse, I would not know it and I could die, and it went away about 10 days later, I

could not sleep lying down, for over a week, I slept sitting up in bed, crying I was in such pain,

that was 3 years ago about, I am still in lyme treatment and have never had it again,

I did though go off anitbiotics for awhile in this time, and relapsed so here I am.

My LLMD said he did not think it was a herx, but maybe it could be the LLMD said, I still dont know if it was a herx or pulled muscle in the chest area,

the Dr at Emergency said that a pulled muscle could make it very bad to breathe, severe pain he said if it was in the chest wall, something to this effect of what the Dr said at emergency.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

I know mine is not a pulled muscle as I've had it for about a year. An ER doc tried to tell me the same thing. I had it before starting any abx as well. It may be a herx b/c it gets worse w/abx.
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be an inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs?

I get that too and it feels like my lungs, but if I push my ribs over the pain,

I can determine that it is outside my lungs.

Horrible knife stabbing pain.

I've had it on the left....on the right....in my ribcage in the back.

As you take a deep breath in, the lungs expand as the cartilage pulls out.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement