LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » JUST GOT STRETCH MARK RASH! WHAT'S IT MEAN?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JUST GOT STRETCH MARK RASH! WHAT'S IT MEAN?
bernieb4
Member # 14654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bernieb4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I got Lyme or bart or bab or all three 10 months ago and never got any rash whatsoever.

I've been taking Zith 500mg and Doxy 400mg for 2 and a half weeks, and my girlfriend just noticed cat-scratch/stretch mark rash on my back.

Does this mean the abx are working (I feel worse than ever.)?

Is this type of rash only associated with bartonella? If so, what's a bart-specific antibiotic I should ask my LLMD to consider for me to treat it?

Posts: 98 | From WI | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my friend and her son had these types of
markings, it was Bartonella. I would consult with your LLMD and tell him about it. Treatment
for Bart would be indicated.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my friend and her son had these types of
markings, it was Bartonella. I would consult with your LLMD and tell him about it. Treatment
for Bart would be indicated.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get pics, that way if it has faded or gone away by the time you get to see your LLMD, you have something to show them.

"Usually" those type of marks indicate Bart.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Bartonella.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son had those red stretch marks across his back by the waist. Yes, it is Bart (per his LLMD).

He is on Rifampin and Doryx (a gentler form of Doxycycline) to treat the Bart. He is also taking Plaquenil and Tinidazole, many supplements and probiotics.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HamDune
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HamDune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie,
That is very interesting and I would be encouraged if I were you. If anything, you have a better clue as to what you are dealing with.

My LLMD wants me on the same antibiotic combination as you for Bart, and I have had the stretch marks for over 20 years.

What else are you on? Please do keep us posted on the coming weeks of treatment; I would love to hear what is going on with you.

Posts: 85 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnDay
Member # 9532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AutumnDay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernieb4,

I too would be encouraged. When you don't have a lot of proof as to what is going on with you it is indeed a "relief" when you see visible signs.

I to would take pictures, but at the very least let the Doc know that this has happened. You are actually on meds that can treat lyme and Bartonella.

I have had these scratches and rashes. I was on Rifampin and Erythrocin for a month, but had to stop treatment because I missed my period. I had heard that Rifampin could mess with your hormones, but since Rifampin can also hurt a fetus, I had to stop.

I had never missed a period in 18 years since my son was born, and was a bit scared(not to mention that, at my age and health condition, didn't want to start all over again with a little one.)

I did home pregnacy tests and they came back negative. After stopping med, my period returned the next month.

I have to see my Doctor and discuss this with him and see where we go from here. I think member SForsgren mentioned a while back that Rifampin altered his hormone levels?

Anyways, I would look at this as a postive sign that you are on the right road!!

Take care,
Autumnday

--------------------
quote form Mother Theresa"God won't give me more then I can handle, sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much."

Posts: 20 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tests for bart were negative but after I went on zith and doxy the streaks showed up for the first time.

I asked my LLMD what they were and he said he was certain it was bartonella.

My fibromyalgia doctor said the stretch marks could be caused by cushings or weight gain, neither of which is my problem.

The zith and doxy did not treat my bart. I'm on levaquin to treat it now.

Search on LN for bartonella. There is a wealth of information including a video by a LLMD.

In all liklihood, you don't have bartonella but BLO - a bartonella like organism.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

My husband has white horizontal stretch marks on waist. There are a lot in that area and they go across his entire back. Our current LLMD says they are "stria" and most men over 40 has them. I am convinced my husband has bart but am not sure if these marks are actually bart marks or not. We had a previous LLMD who thought they were evidence of bart.

Any thoughts?

tickbattler

bernieb4
Member # 14654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bernieb4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tickbattler,
my newly appeared stretch marks are also right above my waist on my back, and they're kind of faint, almost white. but, trust me, they are new - i'm very aware of even the slightest changes on my body (plus, they're not related to any weight gain/loss, and they just came about after I started intense abx) Sounds to me like your husband's got bart then too. If he has other bart symptoms and these stretch marks are related to weight change, I would absolutely assume they're from bart.

Posts: 98 | From WI | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bernieb4
Member # 14654

*are NOT related to weight gain*
daise
Unregistered

Hi Bernieb4,

I posted this to you, however, it was under a different thread, "BART VS BABESIA ... "

Get a picture of the rashes on your back, preferably in outdoor light. Hold a newspaper nearby with the date on it. Now you have a document to show doctors.

(Just in case the rashes should disappear in the morning, best to get a picture now--inside. Tomorrow--outside.)

Go to www.lymediseaseassociation.org left menu, towards the bottom of it. Click on the rash pictures.

A picture of those rashes is probably more important than test results, because if the test for bart is negative--you've got your picture-document.

daise [Smile]

lymemommy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the bart stretch marks ever show up on a persons face? Just asking as my son developed a new mark on his face and it looks like a scratch/stretch mark. (but he hasn't been scratched by anything, we have no pets other than goldfish!!)

Also, someone mentioned white stretch marks, asking if they can be bart as well. I am curious about this as well, as my husband has such marks on his back, sides, and under his arms (how does one get stretch marks Under the arms??), and has had them for many many years, without any major weight gains.

thanks.

kp.

Posts: 394 | From tinton falls nj | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

lymemommy,

See the post directly above yours. You could go to that link, for pictures.

daise [Smile]

bernieb4
Member # 14654

Lymemommy,
I'd already seen the pictures on Lymeassociation.org - they're not that great; at least, the ones for bartonella aren't. Though, the new white, scratch-like rash on my lower back is definitely related to one of the tick-related illnesses in me, and Lyme rashes are pretty definitive. I am quite certain after looking around at a few different sites that the faint scratch/stretch mark rash is solely tied to bartonella.

HamDune
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HamDune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along the same lines: Has anyone had any of the rash that looks like loss of pigmentation? Or the red rash with irregular shading and border?

Both of these were discussed by Dr. Sch in the August 2007 issue of Public Health Alert in an article entitled "Ignore Bartonella and Die". The article has several pictures and information, for anyone who has not seen it yet, it can be viewed HERE under Volume 2: August 2007.

Posts: 85 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestNymph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForestNymph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymemommy:
Do the bart stretch marks ever show up on a persons face? Just asking as my son developed a new mark on his face and it looks like a scratch/stretch mark. (but he hasn't been scratched by anything, we have no pets other than goldfish!!)

Also, someone mentioned white stretch marks, asking if they can be bart as well. I am curious about this as well, as my husband has such marks on his back, sides, and under his arms (how does one get stretch marks Under the arms??), and has had them for many many years, without any major weight gains.

thanks.

kp.

I have an extensive bart rash for six months. To answer your question, it can be on your face. The red lines just appeared on my face two days ago. Most of the rash is made up of red lines but on my inner thigh I have the white lines you were inquiring about.

--------------------
Infected in March '06

Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia

Diagnosed June '07

Remission Since September 2011.

My Story:
http://lymelabyrinth.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/psyche_entranced

Posts: 119 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement