LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » reasons for constant hunger?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reasons for constant hunger?
Minnie Mouse
Member # 13642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minnie Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always hungry... Always!

My thyroid function is really low so I have to eat next to nothing to lose and maintain a weight I'm happy with.

I just got tired of feeling hungry all the time and decided a few weeks ago I would eat what a normal person eats. Of course I've gained a few pounds and am frustrated.. And guess what? I'm still hungry! lol

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll start eating less again. I mean I'm always hungry anyway so why not actually have a reason for it? sigh

Anyone have any ideas or input? Anyone relate?

Posts: 59 | From U.S. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Minnie! Guess what, I was just sitting here debating whether or not to post this EXACT topic!!

You can imagine how suprised I was when I saw your post.

Anyway, Im starved all the time, I literally could eat all day long. I was just looking thru some old posts on juicing. I figured maybe the liquid would help fill me up.

I think for me , i need to start increasing my calories. Im basically eating very little carbs, and this hunger is driving me crazy.

The thing with me is I gain very little weight.

This hunger was one of my very first symptoms.

For breakfast I was eating 4 yougurts, 2 carnation breakfasts, 2 bowls of oatmeal, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I was starved!! Lunch was even bigger!!

Before this all started i could barely finish my food and always the last to finish, now im the first to finish and ready to eat more.

I mention this to the Dr that I see and they dont say anything.

Im starved right now too!!

I wish we could get some answers to this.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One possibility is low cortisol levels.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too! i'm a diabetes 2 patient; overweight, but at night time when i'm on here ... eat my whole bowl of air-popcorn with 2T. of butter, a slicked orange, and perhaps some nuts from a can!

we were watching public tv tonight about SLEEP, and they kept empahsizing for those of us with NO DELTA SLEEP, we

. eat more;
. insulin isn't going to right places causing diabetes 2, and there was 1 more point that i have forgotten! [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible that your body isn't utilizing the nutrients in the food you're eating?

Could be why it's demanding MORE.

When was the last time you had a vitamin/mineral panel run?

It could be malabsorbtion in some form or other, or it could be like bejoy said, low cortisol levels.

Check the side effects of any meds you're taking.

Is increased appetite the side effect of any of those?

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Minnie Mouse,

Lyme bacteria can infect the part of the brain that controls our hunger (satiety) center...some infected people develop anorexia , while others develop an inability to feel full...even after eating a meal. It's called "failure of satiety" or "absent satiety"...never feeling full after eating.

Remember, Lyme symptoms are frequently temporary and intermittent...the symptoms come & go. You may have this symptom one week, then the next week or the next day it's gone. Some have a symptom constantly.

---------------------------------------------

Here's the reference from an article by Dr. VTS:

"Bell's Palsy of the Gut" and
Other GI Manifestations of
Lyme and Associated Diseases

http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/viewarticle.php?aid=62

See the 3rd paragraph:

In cerebral hypothalamic and pituitary centers, usual sites of borrelial disruptions of the brain's normal hormonal cascades, there are strong influences on human attitudes, ideation, and behavior relating to gastronomic issues.

(broken up paragraph for easier reading)

Newly discovered Lymeendangered cerebral hormones and renegade cytokines regulate brain-gut interactions thus initiating behavioral tendencies such as anorexia or a failure of satiety with resultant obesity.

from 5th section:

LYME-ASSOCIATED MOTILITY VARIATIONS AND OTHER BB RELATED GUT PROBLEMS

A suddenly spastic or immobile esophagus or similar paralysis of the stomach muscles may represent esophageal and/or gastric paresis or spasm from Lyme neuropathies (5). Infection influencing the vagus nerves has been documented to cause paralysis in other diseases (8).

(broken paragraph for easier reading)

Additional Bb-related symptoms may manifest as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), early or absent satiety, GI bloating, nausea, vomiting, and atypical colitis wherein the pANCA test may be helpful. If Crohn's and colitis are considerations, a Prometheus first step may help to support this diagnosis; however tissue biopsy is necessary to confirm the diagnosis. (Personal communication from Martin D. Fried, MD, FAAP, Colt's Neck, NJ)

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying to figure this out too.

After a year of doing pretty well, I had a relapse, and decided to start taking abx again (I have been using alternative protocols in the last year).

I've noticed that I feel hungry all the time in the past couple of days, with what feels like hunger pains in my stomach. I'm debating on whether or not it's because of Lyme or Bart, or because the abx are affecting my stomach. I'm leaning toward the abx.

Could also be candida because I've been craving carbs.

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in! I'm starving all the time. And I do have low corisol levels. My llmd was all ready to put me on thyroid support last week until we got into the discussion of whether or not I had gone through menopause. So, long story short, I have to stop the progestin I'm on and see what happens - then he will probably give me something.

I also found that I was craving salt - which he tells me is normal for lymies. We tend to have low sodium levels as well.

I don't particularly care for the weight gain, but I gotta eat!!! [lick]

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The low sodium levels and salt cravings go hand-in-hand with adrenal fatigue/low cortisol.

Aldosterone is a hormone produced by the adrenals which regulates sodium/potassium balance in the body.

When this is low, you get the salt cravings.

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you eat alot of sugars....or even a few sugars...they will make you want to eat more.

Also if you eat alot of man-made food and not organic, they have chemicals in them that make you crave more.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
webmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for webmeg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what meds you are taking. In the fall I was on Zoloft for Lyme anxiety - that in combination with Doxy made me terribly hungry all the time. Starving.

I'm off Zoloft now and just on Doxy and I'm not so hungry anymore. So I guess the Zoloft was the culprit.

You might look into the South Beach diet as far as good foods to eat that fill you up without all the carbs?

I'm trying to lose the Zoloft weight - I do fill up on lots of salads, grilled vegetables, cottage cheese, all of which are pretty low calorie. I made a lot of sugar free jello, too.

It's not easy feeling hungry all the time and you do have to eat, just find some low calorie foods that are good for you! [Smile]

~webmeg

Posts: 257 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minnie Mouse
Member # 13642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minnie Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the replies!

I can't remember everything you all said, but a few that stick in my mind are low sodium, cortisol, and others. I have all the above... I will definately be coming back to this post for help with this and trying to change it. I think the sugar thing is true as well.. I'm going to have to cut it out! Sugar free jello? I have to check into that.

One thing that seems to help is fasting until early afternoon.

I know they say that it's best not to fast in the morning, I studied fitness in college thats what they taught us.. However once I start eating it's just harder. If I don't eat I seem to be able to control the hunger better.

Trust me, I get more than enough calories, at least for the past two weeks or more.. I'm about to radically change my eating patterns.

Something that helps me is drinking fresh coconut water from the young coconut(not the one in the brown shell). IT's so healthy and anti viral/bacterial.. just good stuff.

It seems to help curb my appetite a little, though I have to drink several a day for this to really help cut calories out. ANd they are really expensive.

Posts: 59 | From U.S. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didnt read all the posts but wanted to let you know that the "cyclines" of antibiotics ca make you hungry.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it's always YEAST. What are you craving? I'd be willing to bet that it's carbs, carbs, and more carbs.

Sugary things? Fruit?

Yeast.

DIET, DIET, DIET is the key. Then, be sure to follow the 5 step plan outlined below. It was developed by my naturopath. It works.

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ALL

last night on CBS 60 Minutes they had a segment
about the lack of sleep can cause you
to gain weight --

Im perty sure what they said is true -
Makes sense to me --

You can watch this OnLine at --Jay--

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml Sleep

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I had cortisol checked mine was high in AM and PM.

The only reason I even eat carbs is because they are the only thing that fill me. I never eat sugar.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out since I had the colon trouble 1 and 1/2 weeks ago I started eating wheaties or cherios no sugar added or shredded wheat 1 or 2 times aday I gained 6 lbs hahaha carbs arent they great hahahahaha [Eek!]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you actually hungry and needing food, or is it your stomach growling? Two different things really. I have had all kinds of problems with excess stomach acid (officially GERD, but I have no heartburn), which makes my stomach growl ALL the time. Even when it is full of food. It makes me feel like I am hungry and want to eat, but it is from mucosal irritation in the stomach from so much acid. I find apple cider vinegar or pickle juice helps a lot, as well as a digestive enzyme supplement.

Good luck!

Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha,

I recently got the relentless hunger back too...

I called my LLMD and he said it was Babesia...

NO one mentioned that here, I was kind of shocked...I'm going to do some research...

It's really a disturbing feeling....It went away before in a few weeks, so I'm hoping this will pass soon as well...

Much Love~
Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you on doxy??? i was ALWAYS hungry on doxy. i could eat a moose
Posts: 740 | From frederick,md,usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KauaiGoddess:
I recently got the relentless hunger back too...

I called my LLMD and he said it was Babesia...

Wow...I was nearly anorexic while battling babesia. It's even listed in the symptoms list. No appetite to speak of.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat something that does not convert into sugar such as meat and protein. These also digest slower which should help with the hunger.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

I eat chicken and veggies and I am starved still.

I can easily eat two whole chicken breasts, I even ate a pack of 24 wings. Plus a romaine salad, beans, peas, zucchini, spinach.

Tonight I ate a Van's waffle because Im tired of going to bed hungry, it filled me, then 15 min later starved again.

I dont get the stomach rumbling sound, i just feel starved.

Minnie are your symptoms like this too?

My LLMD says I have classic babesia symptoms, I will ask about this hunger again. I seem to have many of the rare symptoms. You know the ones that only affect 25% or less of the population.

I remember one LLMD saying they were feeding off of me :-(

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reading a magazine article in the gyn office yesterday. Sometimes fat cells are produced by the body to protect our organs.

Wonder why the organs would call for protection with tick borne illnesses? I gained 30 pounds within 3 months of first becoming ill. Nine years ago.

I thought it was the abx that I was taking? Maybe my body/organs were trying to protect themselves. Most of all that weight was in my torso area?????

I've lost 20 of 30 in the last 5 years, slowly but surely, with no diet plan. Just treatment with alternative/traditional meds & protocols.

The last 10 will go only with exercise, maybe? I don't know when that day will be? Exercising, just walking or rebounding causes a whole another issue with me.

Pam
Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lyme bacteria can infect the part of the brain that controls our hunger (satiety) center...some infected people develop anorexia , while others develop an inability to feel full...even after eating a meal. It's called "failure of satiety" or "absent satiety"...never feeling full after eating.
This was quoted above, but now i can't remember who said it.

My daughter has had this off and on for the past couple of years. Sometimes she would eat so much she would have to throw it up. She would eat good food, too, not junk.

I finally bought something filling like Carnation Instant Breakfast. That seemed to help. She could sip it until her brain settled down and finally flipped the switch until it said "full"

It is most likely a neuro symptom

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tika
Member # 51731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tika     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minnie Mouse:
I am always hungry... Always!

My thyroid function is really low so I have to eat next to nothing to lose and maintain a weight I'm happy with.

I just got tired of feeling hungry all the time and decided a few weeks ago I would eat what a normal person eats. Of course I've gained a few pounds and am frustrated.. And guess what? I'm still hungry! lol

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll start eating less again. I mean I'm always hungry anyway so why not actually have a reason for it? sigh

Anyone have any ideas or input? Anyone relate?

Posts: 4 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tika
Member # 51731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tika     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem and I brought it up to my Lyne Disease support group in Virginia and all the people in the group agreed with me. I never feel satisfied ):
Posts: 4 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would guess it's gut dysbiosis. The antibiotics are hard on our gut flora.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man I just started having this too and am attributing it on herxing because the timing is too coincidental.

I don't have a horrible diet, well better than it was years ago...hey we aren't perfect. No matter how big or small, healthy or not I eat almost instantly I am hungry again, it gets to the point where my stomach will growl so bad and I get dizzy.

Yea..no fun!

Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymenotlite:
I would guess it's gut dysbiosis. The antibiotics are hard on our gut flora.

Could be. I also have MCAS now and I have hunger almost all the time.

Then there is insulin resistance.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in, please. However, the better I get, the more control I have over hunger.
Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymewest
Member # 52184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymewest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see this thread. Yep. Hungry all the time. Even after a full meal. Gained weight super easy until I went on Thyroid. Found the right doc to give it to me, based on symptoms, even though blood test was normal.

Thyroid helped my weight gain problem, but not my constant hunger. Still have it. I really think the permanent imbalance of gut flora all the ABX caused over many years caused the problem.

I’ve never been able to get that gut balance back, no matter how many different probiotics I’ve taken. And I’ve found that Acidophilus just makes me hungrier and gain weight easier.

So I don't know what the answer is.

Posts: 15 | From Southwest | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible this has to do with two hormones, leptin and ghrelin.

Ghrelin is a fast-acting hormone made in the stomach/gut. It travels to the brain to tell us to eat. It was responsible for maintaining fat stores for survival.

Leptin is made by fat cells and the small intestine. It regulates energy and hunger. It targets the hypothalamus in the brain and tells it there's enough food and to stop eating.

I think the problem is leptin resistance, according to the many health summits I've watched. When the brain doesn't get the signal from the leptin to stop eating, the brain thinks we're still hungry.

What stops the leptin signal? Inflammation of the hypothalamus. What does Lyme do? Inflame the hypothalamus! I'm just trying to lay out what I think is the problem for us.

What I've heard we need to do is eat more soluble fiber and protein and eat less carbs and processed foods. Also get exercise and sleep.

I encourage anyone here to do some more research online on these two hormones and report back.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm sure you are correct, Robin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A patient of gastric bypass surgery told me there's an immediate change with the removal of stomach tissue containing ghrelin. She eats however much she wants now without any weight problems.

I just saw this on the internet:

8 Ways to Keep Your Leptin Levels Regulated

Get enough fibre. ...
Limit fructose consumption. ...
Consume complex carbohydrates. ...
Eat protein for breakfast. ...
Take omega-3. ...
Avoid severe calorie restriction. ...
Perform H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training) ...
Get more sleep.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it happened more during herxes.

I think it had to do with being toxic, it was like the anxiety made me eat more. And intuitively, I wanted to eat fats, possibly to bind toxins (as practically all toxins are fat soluble).

After lyme, I had no more such problem...

I remember people talking about eggs, that they felt like eating many eggs a day.

It was my case: either eggs or butter or anything fat.

Now I follow the Medical Medium, so no eggs, very low fat, no more milk products (so no butter).

It's fine, it takes time to get used to it, but my liver thanks me!!

I think lyme messed my liver badly - toxins, pathogens, and all these fatty foods were not good at all. It left me feeling my right chest had a stone inside, I always felt heavy for years after lyme was gone.

Well, since about 2-3 years, I changed my diet and now I eat tons of fruits, so a lot of fructose, and my diet is basically carbs (potatoes, millet, rice), leafy greens, veggies and tons of fruits.

I absolutely have no problem of hunger attacks like during lyme.

That's why I do think, in my case, those hunger bouts had to do with herxes / toxins.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement