LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tongue symptom-anyone else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tongue symptom-anyone else?
Elizabeth Erin
Member # 13866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the feeling like my tongue is too big for my mouth. It also feels like it is swollen underneath my tongue-but it's not. Please tell me others have had this symptom.
Posts: 85 | From Staten Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I have had a sore tongue on many ocassions. Do you take abx? Sometimes that can be the cause. Or, if you have problems with your digestive system.

I try rinsing my mouth with a product called PerioCleanse. This is the best product I've found for mouth sores & tongue issues. You may also need to use something to absorb toxins from your intestines.

If it's drug related- there's not much you can do since it's a side effect of some drugs.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth Erin
Member # 13866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it before my Lyme dx. I am now on IV Rocephin....
Posts: 85 | From Staten Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt like I had little control over my tongue at times and like I was slurring my speech.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the feeling that my tongue was too big too. It started before any treatment. I don't notice it so much now.I really don't know what caused it but, my guess is that it had to do with how bad my digestive system was.

However, the edges of my tongue was swollen and had teeth marks (it still kind of does). This may have caused this feeling. My acupuncturist told me what this meant in chinese medicene... something to do with the spleen I think. Of course the spleen in chinese medicene is not really the same as what we think of in relation to the spleen.

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i get this sometimes too, feeling like my tongue is swollen and hard to move and then my speech gets slurred, i sound like a drunk! but it goes away by itself, i usually get it after a strong episode of night sweats and extra brain fog,
Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had that too. Mostly in the middle of the night. I has gone away with treatment.
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES I had the feeling that my tongue was too big for my mouth only once on IV rocephin. I've had the slurred speech too. when i start crying hysterically i either cannot speak at all or the words come out stretched out so slow no one can understand me.

geez the speech thing is so weird. it ONLY happens to me when i cry hysterically/vomit.

Posts: 255 | From where we don't have Lyme disease | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement