LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » antibiotic questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: antibiotic questions...
Minnie Mouse
Member # 13642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minnie Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm catching a great deal of slack from people in my life about antibiotics. They think I'm not seeking the best medical care because of this decision, thus far not to use them.

I'm actually considering using them if my cd-57 doesnt come up, or if it doesnt move much. It dropped from 60 to 45 recently.

I'm wondering if you can explain for myself and those in my life why antibiotics are so bad to use to treat lyme. If you have any documented sources that would be nice too.. I know that the lymne can hide in the fibroblasts of the joints and somewhere else during an antibiotic attack.

Now though they are aware of this and can change it up to chase the bacteria out of hiding, right?

I really "hope" that you can shed some more light on this for me and my friends so that I don't feel pressured by my worsening health, or people who think they know what's best..

Also, which antibiotics are best for: [confused]
1.Lyme
2.Bart
3.Babesia

One more question.. Is there a way i can look at a list of all my posts? should i put my name in the search? this way it will be easier to keep up with what people are posting in response...

Thanks very much.....

Posts: 59 | From U.S. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I went the route of abx first to really bomb the bugs, now I'm switching over to herbs to rebuild my immune system and get the stragglers.

For Lyme I used: Doxy, mino, amoxy/probenecid, plaquenil, Biaxin

For Babesia I used: Mepron, Biaxin, Plaquenil, artemisia - and - Malarone, Lariam, artemesia, plaquenil, enula

For Bart I used: Levaquin, then followed it up with Rifampin, but it was already gone from 12 weeks of Levaquin.

I used a protocol that integrated herbs, supplements, probiotics, etc. along with the antibiotics.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minnie,

To see your posts, At the bottom of your first post above (or any of your posts) where it says on the bottom posts: 15--click on the 15. It will bring up all of your past posts.

As far as antibiotics working, go to General Support and at the top of the page, click on the thread called Success Stories.

As to what kind of antibiotics work for which co-infection. Above under post a reply, it says search. Enter the search criteria for a given co-infection. You can then read posts about that co-infection and the antibiotics used for them.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minnie Mouse,

Your CD 57 count is 45? I was 44. You are ill. Period. It's not going to heal on its own. You need proper antibiotics!

Those people giving you a hard time are not your friends or maybe you haven't educated them.

There's the notion that antibiotics aren't good for you. Well, yes. But if you have a completely serious condition like chronic Lyme disease, you can't fool around.

Have you found an LLMD who is an ILADS doctor?

Antibiotics are saving our lives / getting back our lives.

I have a suggestion: go to www.ILADS.org to the menu on the left. Click "Treatment Guidelines." That will take you to Dr. Burrascano's 33 pages of tips for 2005. Print that all out. OK?

You need to take good quality probiotics and multiple types, daily. You'll need an antifungal to kill the yeast.

Please do not delay getting proper treatment. If you need Medicaid, pm me. OK?

Are any of your friends experienced Lyme-literate LLMD's? Probably not. Then why take them seriously?

It's your body. You are ill. It does not get better (perhaps for a time.) Rather, it gets worse.

At the top is a search tool. You can learn about many Lyme subjects here.

I recommend the book, Coping With Lyme Disease, by Denise Lang and Kenneth Liegner MD. Maybe it's at your library.

The LLMD"S who are ILADS doctors prescribe Lyme and co-infection meds by what the individual patient needs.

daise:)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minnie Mouse
Member # 13642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minnie Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the amazing information... I need to print it out... Do you guys feel a lot better since doing antibiotics?

How do i find out if i have bab or bart? Or anything else for that matter. I am assuming I do because of all of my symptoms and how severe they are.

Posts: 59 | From U.S. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read my story below. Take those antibiotics NOW!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not suggesting what to do but there are alternatives to abx...

From the research I've done & my own experience - it seems that it's very difficult to get rid of Lyme by only using abx.

http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/L-townsendapr07.pdf

or

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:neiITU1fXDkJ:www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/L-townsendapr07.pdf+recovery+from+Lyme+using+herbal+therapy&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Some other info -

http://www.chroniclymedisease.com/

I hope this is helpful & doesn't make things even more confusing.

We all have to go through the info & make a decision as to how we are going to handle this illness.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bernieb4
Member # 14654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bernieb4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minnie,
I'm not sure if someone else already recommended this, but it's a great list of effective abx:

Dr. Burrascano's 2005 Lyme Protocol

It doesn't include all the latest and best abx, though it does include many good ones.

I never took pills/drugs of any sort until I got Lyme's. I love herbs and wish they would work alone for this terrible disease. Sadly, they won't. I'm sure some people have had some success without abx, but I think they're merely helping restore their immune systems, not killing the disease.

Posts: 98 | From WI | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement