LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what to do if you can't take antibiotics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what to do if you can't take antibiotics
scottie
Member # 9956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scottie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I had been in treatment with oral and IV abx for 2 years (minimal improvement)and the last abx I took was levaquin which seems to have fried my central nervous system because I can no longer tolerate abx. I've done herbs in the past and am now seeing a chinese doctor who treats with chinese medicine and acupuncture....but I'm not doing well and even seem to be slipping backward. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do next. I'm very scared. Thank you.

Posts: 90 | From massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am sorry to hear you are not well.
Have you tried Fluconazole?
That is treatment for candida, so it is not an abx, BUT
my LLMD claims it is one of the best treatments for Lyme!
Esp. Neurolyme, it goes directly to the brain.
It sort of cuts something so the borrelia can not multiyply or whatever....

I think you should try this if you have not already.

Hope you are better soon!

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, some people are Rifing,
others doing the vit C/salt protocol.

I do not know how good these are, but many people seem to get better.

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this website. i have barely read into it. Just thought i would share

http://www.lymefree.com/

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeopathy might be an option. Bejoy posted she used Deseret Biologicals with success. Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deseret bio website

http://www.desbio.com/series-therapy.html

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Another thought...Bee venom

Search it on this site. Some folks have had some good sucess.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything besides antibiotics is considered experimental, but if you are in the mood to experiment, there are some good suggestions in this post:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=062900#000000

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scottie, have you considered consulting with an ART practitioner or a good kinesiologist (muscle tester) to determine what herbs/ treatments may be beneficial for you at this time?

It seems like most of the people here who have success stories with alternative treatments also had some help from a `muscle testing' practitioner.

This might be something to consider to get you out of the `confusion' state and on the right track with treatment. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scottie,

I had a similar circumstance happen to me years
ago, which prevented me from taking antibiotics,
supplements, etc. I had to see a drug allergist
at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston--one of the few in the country. She determined that
my body was pushed into an autoimmune state from a drug cockatail that I took. It caused burning
sensations throughout my body, and later, seizure
activity.

After countless doctors and alternative protocols, I finally saw a llmd who seemed to understand what happened to me. I had to go on
steroids plus low dose pulsed antibiotics via
IV to recover more. I had a vasculitis-like
injury and it has taken me many years to achieve
the health I currently have.

I know the views on steroids here, but it was
my last resort. I was tested by the neuro in
NYC and now take smaller doses of IVIG as well
for nerve damage.

You might want to get assessed for an autoimmune
type injury or state. My local llmd says she has seen other patients go into autoimmune from
drugs themselves.

Since you are from MA like myself and if you would like to know the name of the excellent drug allergist I see, please e-mail me.

Best.
Artist

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why ABX did you take by IV and how much?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Byron. I don't know if you are asking me or
Scottie, but in my case, I can only tolerate
IV antibiotics. My drug allergist said the vein
is less reactive than the gut. When I would try
orals, the burning would resume throughout my
body. Not good for me, and a precursor for
seizure activity.

I took IV doxy because I could tolerate titrated
doses and because it would combat the lyme,
Erlichia, mycoplasma pneumoniae I had.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This message is for Artist. Sorry the PM is not working!
Can you email me more information about your drug allergist? I am allergic to sulfas, zithromax, all picc line plastics and dressing adhesives, and now diflucan. Right now my LLMD has taken me off abx for two weeks while I am fighting thrush. Oh the good times! My LLMD wants me to see Dr. J in SC as he has way more experience with the "difficult cases." Any direction would be helpful. My email is [email protected].

Thanks!

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For any type of allergies, access www.naet.com
NAET is an allergy elimination technique that works for many types of allergies. IME about 80% of the time it actually eliminates the allergy.

There are specific blended herbals for bacteria, made by www.inno-vita.com and www.systemicformulas.com

And mountaingirl if you are interested in alt treatment in your state, I personally know a nurse / Naturopathic doctor in Parkersburg. Her daughter got lyme about 18 years ago and Bonnie was told that it did not exist in WV. She proved the "authorities" very wrong with her research and found some very effective ways to treat her daughter. So post if you would like to meet her. I have known and worked off and on with her for about 6 years.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using a Rife machine is one option. There are many users at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme-and-rife/

I am leery of the Salt-C thing. And I use my fair share of unapproved experimental treatments. I do not know of anyone who has had exceptional results with this, and it has harmed a few people.

I would use Salt-C as a treatment of last resort. But that is just my personal opinion.

My wife and myself use Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS), and I think it is far safer than Salt-C. Although neither has been tested thoroughly. If your stomach is trashed from antibiotics, I would not recommend MMS. It can be hard on the stomach.

There are lots of alternative methods, but these are the only ones I am familiar with. Pick one you are comfortable with from all of the good posts, and ideas.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try essential oils. There are posts archived here by Farah. Hardynaka also rubbed essential oils on her skin.

I'm just dipping my toes into essential oils, so to speak, slowly, trying to get more information about safety. They seem to give me good results.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are herbal protocols - Cowden, Buhner, Zhang, etc.

Some people have found that they are useful.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skimpbiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle,

What are you experiencing on the Cowden protocall thus far? Any progress?

Posts: 173 | From Lakeland, FL 33813 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement