LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Got Igenex Results- Need Help understand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got Igenex Results- Need Help understand
xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xtine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. My GP didn't really make sense of it for me... this is what I got. Can someone tell me what this all means? I have no clue:

IGM- Negative
CDC- Negative

18 kDa -
22 kDa -
** 23-25 kDa ++
28 kDa -
30 kDa -
** 31 kDa IND
** 34 kDa IND
** 39 kDa -
** 41 kDa IND
45 kDa -
58 kDa +
66 kDa +
73 kDa -
** 83-93 kDa -

IGG Result- Positive
CDC- negative

18 -
22 -
** 23-25 -
28 -
30 +
** 31 ++
** 34 -
** 39 -
** 41 ++
45 -
58 -
66 -
73 -
** 83-93 -

My GP says that if the CDC says it's negative then i don't have lyme but from what i've read that can not be the case. i'm faxing over the results to my LLMD who is already treating me with abx but i don't see him for another month. he warned me that I may get IND results and that i should have waited to be tested thru IGenex but I got anxious... i should have listened to him :-)

Posts: 127 | From Toronto, Ontario Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This looks like lyme to me!!!! Stupid GP.

Stick with your LLMD.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xtine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya. i'm beginning to think so. yikes.
Posts: 127 | From Toronto, Ontario Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr C's WB explanation:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042077

from the above link:
"The significant antibodies, in my opinion, are the 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93."

Looks pretty much like Lyme to me too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

can i ask? is it the IGM or IGG which suggests a short term infection/long term infection?'

I belive i got infected in Aug 07 which is considered chronic but still I was hoping that it wasn't chronic according to results.

tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone can feel free to tell me if I'm wrong but I think Igg indicates past infection and Igm current infection.

Now you don't have to wonder anymore. My turn for an Igenex test!

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to our LYME CLUB!

what lab performed your western blot igm/igg??

PRINT OFF DR. C'S FULL EXPLANATION OF W.B. testing, and circle the numbers that are POSITIVE OR IND!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by laura j:
Anyone can feel free to tell me if I'm wrong but I think Igg indicates past infection and Igm current infection.

Yes, with most infections, but NOT with Lyme.

xtine: Read the link!! It explains this there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

this was from Igenex...

so i have a +ve past infection but a -ve current infection? i guess the -ve current infection is +ve if you count the INDs.

does this mean that i'm getting over an infection or is it more chronic?

xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

i'm reading the link but it's difficult to understand.... this article should be a lyme test :-)
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by xtine:
[QB] this was from Igenex...

so i have a +ve past infection but a -ve current infection? i guess the -ve current infection is +ve if you count the INDs.

The opposite.

from the link:

"With most infections, your immune system first forms IgM antibodies, then in about 2 to 4 weeks, you see IgG antibodies. In some infections, IgG antibodies may be detectable for years.

Because Borrelia burgdorferi is a chronic persistent infection that may last for decades, you would think patients with chronic symptoms would have positive IgG Western blots.

But actually, more IgM blots are positive in chronic borreliosis than IgG. Every time Borrelia burgdorferi reproduces itself, it may stimulate the immune system to form new IgM antibodies.

Some patients have both IgG and IgM blots positive. But if either the IgG or IgM blot is positive, overall it is a positive result."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Some have WB's contrary to what was stated above. That could be the case with you.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just treat it! [Smile]

Why don't you print out the explanation and read a little at a time. He explains it in laymen's terms.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

good idea about printing it... duh, i should have thought about that. i'll do that :-)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement