LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » thoughts on MTE9 for Babesiosis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: thoughts on MTE9 for Babesiosis?
realist
Member # 15105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for realist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just was diagnosed with Lyme, Babesiosis, and Ehrlichiosis with a Western Blot from IGeneX. My doctor wants to put me on an herbal IV called MTE9 for Babesiosis. Does anyone have any experience with this? I searched the forums and there was only a brief positive post from luvs2ride. Other than that, no posts and I can't find it on google either.

I would be doing an IV once a week for about 3 months. Apparently MTE9 has a 90% success rate. I was told that I might not even need treatment for Lyme if I do well on the MTE9 for Babesiosis.

The other alternative I was given is oral antibiotics and Mepron. However, I was told this is much harsher, takes 2 years, and I'd have to take liver tests frequently due to the toxicity. This approach has a 60% success rate.

Given the above, it seems that MTE9 is a clear winner. I find it strange, however, that it's not discussed on this forum.

Any advice on the MTE9?

Thanks!

Posts: 31 | From Leesburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi realist,

I know you are already aware of my experience, but it is quite possible I am the only other poster who has done MTE9. I know at least one other poster was considering it. I do believe we are all seeing the same doctor.

Dr has only been doing these IVs for 8 or 9 mths if I understood her correctly and she is having excellent results. Still, we may all be guinea pigs.

Along with my MTE9 I was given glutathione pushes. Genetically, I am defective in my ability to produce glutathione, so the pushes are always a Godsend for me. I do very well with them and therefore can't say if the MTE9 helped, the Glut or both.

Mar 10 was my last of 4 IVs. I was doing very well until I moved into my new home. Apparently there are mold issues there, though not at all obvious ones. My husband did fine, but I got very ill and had to leave the farm. Years ago, I tested allergic to dust, molds and mildews. I recognized the symptoms immediately which are mostly respiratory.

Today I am home sick with these issues. Dr has a suggestion in her notes that I might want to consider MTE13 sometime in the future which clears mold toxins. Well, after this exposure, I guess it will be a definite step. This is hard for me as I live in Roanoke and must drive to her weekly for the IVs.

I return to the doctor on Monday which will be first visit since taking the MTE9. I assume blood will be drawn to see if Babs still active. I no longer have obvious Babs symptoms so I can't tell if I still have it or not.

I will post my test results whenever I get them.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Can you tell me what is in the MTE9?
thanks
Emma

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 years to get rid of babesia? only a 60% success rate? OH NO!!!!!!!! I am going into my 4th month of mepron.

I had no idea it takes 2 years, I heard usually 4 months. I was hoping to convince the LLMD to let me stay on it for 6 months.

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realist
Member # 15105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for realist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Can you tell me what is in the MTE9?

I have no idea. All I know is that it is herbal, isn't covered by insurance, and costs between $80 ($140 with added minerals) per IV push.

Apparently there are eleven different ones, labeled MTE1 through MTE11.

>but it is quite possible I am the only other poster who has done MTE9...we may all be guinea pigs

Wow, I'm not sure if I should feel blessed, lucky, or concerned. But if the Dr believes in it, I'm happy to try it out.

>Mar 10 was my last of 4 IVs. I was doing very well until...

Wow, you saw an improvement that quickly? That's good news.

Posts: 31 | From Leesburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs, did you notice the mold issues before you moved in? How much time did you spend in your new home? Was there a damp basement or obvious signs of water intrusion? Did you have an engineer check it?

I ask because I'm househunting, and I've seen some homes with mold! Crawl spaces, damp musty basements, or just a smell of mold that is ages old and probably in the wood or whatever.

Other homes seem okay but I want to be careful.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamyla
Member # 8575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm also trying the MTE9 with Glutathione. I've been going for about 2 months now. For the first 6 weeks I had a tough time tolerating the IVs - for a day or two after getting them I had horrible fatigue. It was the worst I had felt in a really long time. I am not sure if this was due to the glut or the MTE9 however. I tend to be sensitive and have symptoms from the nasal glut as well. The nurse told me she thought the fatigue was due to detoxing.

The last 2 IVs I have had done I tolerated much better. They didn't drain my energy, so I'm hopeful if I keep going I'll continue to improve.

There is a handout given at the office telling what is in all the MTEs, but it doesn't specifically break it down as to what's in the MTE9.

I'd love to hear other people's experiences.
Thanks,
Pam

Posts: 60 | From Northern Va | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxy,

I did not see any evidence of mold when looking to buy and I am very aware of it. I can smell it when others can't. I have been allergic to it for years.

I even had a contractor out to discuss cost of improvements we wanted to make and he searched for mold but found none.

The home inspector did find a leak under the master bath shower. I freaked about the possible molds and so extra clean up and vapor barriers were attended to.

Most of this home is on slab which is more difficult for mold to grow undetected. That part of the house did not seem to bother me. The master bedroom, bath and the living room were later additions to the home and are on a crawl space. This is the area where I seem to react. I can't smell anything moldy nor see anything. I did not crawl into the crawl space.

At the time we purchased the home, we were in a severe drought and I am sure that caused the molds to be dormant.

When the snow and then the rains came, mold popped out on all the fences, deck, side of house, etc.

I was not concerned. I have a back pack sprayer and can spray a mold killer (Shaklee's Basic G is better than Clorox and not nearly as toxic). Molds and farms just go together.

It was inside the home that I suffered most. Who knows if there was hidden mold or if the ducts were blowing mold into the house. I mainly suspect the crawl space.

I reached a point quickly where I could not fall asleep. Couldn't shut my brain off, much like ADD. I would wake up wheezing with chest conjestion and I began to act very spacey. Several times a day, my husband would say "What is wrong with you?"

Finally, I awoke one morning barely able to breathe with a sore throat and swollen glands. It was then I knew I couldn't stay. It only took 2 weeks.

This home was on very flat land (hard to come by in the mountains) at the foot of mountains. I now have a theory that low land is more prone to molds. My current home is high on a hill and no molds in sight or smell anywhere.

Yes, we could spend money trying to remedy the matter and we certainly considered it, but finally decided my health was too fragile and too important to take the risk. We could spend a fortune and still have issues.

Our other home had not sold. I now dub it "The Safe House". I won't be moving again. sigh....

Oxy, to be sure, you could have air quality testing done for any home you consider purchasing.

I had a radon test done which passed with flying colors, but did not opt to do a mold test because there was just no sign of mold.

It is possible mold was not the main issue. The water smelled foul (well) and we were in the process of contracting to install a very sophisticated whole house filtration system. That might have resolved things but at $6000. I didn't want to spend it and find out I still had to move.

Such is life with lyme disease.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement