LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I started the Mepron

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I started the Mepron
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started the MEPRON yesterday. My LLMD was right it looks exactly like yellow fingerpaint!

I told my husband that "someone" is playing a cruel joke on me since I am a preschool teacher!!! (on disability now) LOL!!!

I feel a bit nauseaus at the moment but trying NOT to think about it.

I just hope I can sleep with the unsettled feeling in my stomach.

I am hoping it does its thing....

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi laurie

make sure to take your mepron
with fatty food --

Sausage worked good for me - Jay -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck! lol it does look exactly like yellow school paint. Well I just started mine 2 weeks ago. The taste definetely starts to get to you after awhile. The first week it was alright but now I dread taking it. Hey at least its only twice a day though [Roll Eyes] . What dose are you taking?

The only things Ive experienced since starting are chills and hot flashes along with some air hunger.

Also I take it with a teaspoon of peanut butter for the fat

Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Mepron last week. I took it on Thurs. Just a 1/4 tsp, I am supposed to work my

way up to 2tsp a day. I had a bad reaction from it. I was dizzy, sick to stoamch, and all over

bad feeling. Friday night I had night sweats and Sat. my syptoms came roaring back. So, I

stopped the mepron. Starting to feel better now. I have been on malarone for the past year-

one day. Had bad herxes from that too, but I thought the worst was behind me. Mepron is way

stronger than the malarone. Good Luck!

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel So CRAPPY today. I am sick to my stomach from the mepron and have hot feelings and a BURNING head.

I have been taking the mepron with peanut butter.

I literally don't know where to put myself I feel so awful!

Does this ever end???????????????????????????????????

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will feel better but for now you have to tough it out. I wouldnt stop taking the Mepron. Feeling this crappy is probably a good sign. The hot feelings and burning head is normal while on Mepron. I, too have it. It will get better, maybe not soon but it will as long as you keep taking the meds [Smile]
Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marcie is doing it right. My daughter started at full 2tsp daily and after four days, she was nauseated, sweating and having severe, suicidal depression and hallucinations.

After backing off, the side effects lessened. But, she didn't smile for six months. It was hard, but effective against babesia. We weren't sure.

Oh...it made her STINK!! We had to throw out a pair of shoes, and a couple of tops. I think Groovy2 put it well where he said he smelled like two homeless people and one damp dog.

Big toxin dump with babesia and that drug.

Hang in there.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Kelmo- Why did the mepron make your daughter stink???

Did it sweat out of her pores???

I was so out of it tonight that I couldn't even remember if I took it!

I certainly wasn't going to take it twice...

Hope your daughter is doing better...

Laurie

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heads up - Don't take CoQ10 while on mepron or malarone. It reduces the effectiveness of the medecine.
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone had sweats or chills or warmth before starting Mepron?

I haven't had the fevers, sweats and the like of babs. I start Mepron Wednesday for the first time. I haven't been on malarone.

Johnnyb: You don't mind the taste. I like that! [Big Grin]

Is it OK to pretend I'm a preschooler getting away with slurpping my yellow paint and not noticing the taste?

daise [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Daise- I have had chills and hot feelings before the mepron but no fevers or sweats.

I am not even sure that I have Babesia. Back in Oct. my Frye test came out positive for Bartonella .

Everything was negative for Babesia.

My LLMD does not bleieve in the Frye test and my wa-Babesia came out a little high.

This is one confusing and frustrating disease!

Yesterday after I took my morning mepron I picked up my daughter and she wanted to know why I had a yellow moustache!!!

I told her I drank fingerpaint. She already thinks I am crazy from the lovely Lyme brain so it didn't even phase her! She is 17.

This morning I had a piece of steak with my mepron-nice and fatty.

I never even ate steak BEFORE especially not at 7:00am.

I hope it works for the nausea.

This damn brain "crap" is driving me insane!!`

Laurie

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Trish4- I tried private messaging you but you mailbox was full!!!

I wanted to ask you some questions..

LAurie

daise
Unregistered

Laurie,

Amen!

Mepron moustache ... [lol]

I tested negative for Lyme, bart and babs by western blot. (Tested 4 times, for Lyme.) But the CD57 count was very positive for chronc Lyme and it was then that I got treatment paid for.

I do have bart and babs. Yessiree.

Ya, what about these crazy germs?

This morning I took the plunge: Mepron. I didn't mind the taste at all! But I closed my eyes when I put that dank yellow paint in my mouth. Better that my eyes don't see that.

I took just a tiny amount, trying to get used to it. So far, all is fine.

Makes me wonder why I was so apprehensive about it? I'm grateful for it, very much. I kknow it's another path I must take.

I needs it!

Well ... everything is samo samo. I'm pleased.

Bottoms up.

Ask me tomorrow!

daise [Smile]

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what causes the odor. I think it's the toxins. It didn't last more than a month.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Daise- My LLMD told me to take the Mepron with something fatty like peanut butter but I think the fatty meat-steak,bacon,etc. might be working better for me.

Make sure you eat something fatty with it.

Today my daughter watched me take it and then promptly gave me a napkin to wipe my face-No Mepron moustache for me!

Good Luck!

Laurie

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Kelmo- I feel like crap, I look like crap-plese don't tell me I am going to smell like CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it looks like the new street signs....

At least around here it does. [Big Grin]

Wash mine down with lemon/water.

Helps with herxing.....nausea.

Tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

YES-I drink lots of lemon water too!
daise
Unregistered

I'm taking it with 2 gel caps of fish oil. My LLMD said I could also take it with fatty meat.

Lemon water, yes.

What's this stuff about odor? I think you folks must be mistaken. You must all eat gobs of garlic, or something.

I have already resolved that there will be no B.O. with Mepron. None! I won't have that ...

daise [Smile]

daise
Unregistered

Bugg has a warning:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065682

Especially, read his last paragraph.

daise [Smile]

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

I am with you Daise-NO BO for me!!!
daise
Unregistered

Wait a minute ... weight loss is a sign ( [lol] ) of babs.

Do we have weight loss going on here? I do hope it's not serious.

Just some weight!

daise [Smile]

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Daise-How are you doing with the Mepron????

Laurie

daise
Unregistered

Laurie and JB,

Piece of cake. [Cool] Quick problems on the other end. Actually better now.

Bought a case of B.O. juice, as we're close to going into the hots of summer, here in the desert and taking Mepron. Oughta be interesting. Er, excuse me, I bought one bottle. New type. Didn't have my old type. Stinky stuff. Major set-back. I raised my arm for a friend to give me her honest opinion. I'm in trouble. [Eek!]

Must try Walgreen's again.

How is everyone doing with their Mepron, please? Do "those who have drunk street sign paint before us" have drops of wisdom to pass along? Oh no, I just insulted them ... [bonk]

Dandy thread, Laurie.

daise [Big Grin]

Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started on Mepron this week, after being on an herbal Babs treatment for about 2 months. My LLMD uses it first to knock down the bacterial load so the Mepron treatment is shorter and not so nasty.

From reading all the posts here, I started at 1/2 tsp. at a time. I'm now taking 1/2 tsp in the am and 1 tsp. at night.

I notice my sweat is smelly. I had that before when I was taking artemisinin.

Also, I'm getting the heating up/cooling down over a few minutes time.

I've felt a little out of it mentally, but that's not something new--it comes and goes.

The good thing is that my tinnitus is less! Whoo Hoo!!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Cass,

Your tinnitus is less! Good.

How was your B.O. during the time you took arteminisin?

daise [Smile]

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

My BO has been fine! I changed my mind-give me the BO but just let me feel even a tiny bit better!!!!!!

Food update- I had a hot dog with my Mepron this morning and NO nausea!!

My cholesterol is going to be through the roof!

Can't worry about everything!

Right?????????

Laurie

tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No B.O. here.......won't have it either !!

I just hope that someday I will be able to walk without having to either bump into a wall or trip over my own foot. Sometimes I blame someone around me ;D

When I am nauseaus I take Mepron with a tsp of peanutbutter (fat).

Tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

I tried the peanut butter and I LOVE peanut butter but meat works better for me.

Whatever works...

Laurie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement