LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » quit smoking extreme fatigue now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quit smoking extreme fatigue now
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had fatigue already and thought quitting smoking would help, so I quit, cold turkey as I cant seem to do it any other way. So, I quit for 7 days, mostly just slept the whole time, replased for 2 days quit again, now in day 5 sleeping day and night, feel so bad I just want to take sleep pills and stay in bed. Already on lexapro wellbutrin (zyban) 5-htp. Etc. Would the fatigued to fantastic kit help me? I tried that before, didnt seem to help.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, how about acupuncture?

Your body is probably doing a lot of healing right now. Hang in there.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Naw, I did quit smoking before and this does always happen, and in short time it just vanishes. So, but I am ****ed since I am still sick with these bugs and such. I have to get back and start working, and I just feel I cant.
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HTTP:WWW.Thorme.com sells the product 'Sulfonil' for smoking. I have yet to try it, and heard one good review of it in a prev. thread. Other distributors probably sell this as well. I happened to have found it on throne's site.
I familiar with the inventors other work, and would trust this is i weren't on so many other meds, for fear of interaction.

Anyone aware of tihis product, or know of anyone who has tried this?

Patent for it is at link below:
http://tinyurl.com/2ja268

Text mentioned in patent:
"Research In Physiopathology As Basis of Guided Chemotherapy With Special Application to Cancer,"
by Emanuel Revici, M.D. Scientific Director, Institute of Applied Biology, New York, NY., Chief of Dept. of Oncology, Trafalgar Hospital, New York, N.Y., D. Van Nostrand Company, Inc., 1961

Thanks

p.

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justwondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! It will be worth it!
Posts: 209 | From maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

I find the fatuge lifts with 150 mg tramadol, I also use lexapro, zyban and um, immetrex nasal for a quick craving block. Its massive searatonin, and its a little risky for seratonin od, but I seem to be okay. I feel tired if I dont use this, I dont do anything but sleep, but with these bugs I have not done much for 4 months.
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, congratulations!!!

I am SO there with you!!!

I am on day 19 or so.

It is NOT pretty. Just ask my kid!!

I am not on any meds, but am making use of the gum.

It simply is not in me to go cold turkey. NO WAY!!! However, my lungs already greatly appreciate my stopping.

May I recommend that you stop in at www.quitnet.com and register? It's free, and helps a lot.

Spending some time with a friend who has emphysema convinced me it was time. I have photos of us riding horses together, not long ago. Suddenly, she can't walk 200 feet without gasping for breath. I can hardly believe it's the same person.

Please read up on what to expect when you quit. Serious fatigue is one of the things to expect. Sleeping a lot is A-OK. Try and get some exercise when you feel up to it. BREATHE deeply!! Do you have a wife/girlfriend/friends who can support you?

Start a journal at QuitNet or post when you feel like you're about to lose it.

Congrats again. Go easy on yourself. Quitting is the hardest thing in the world but probably the most important thing you'll ever do. You CAN get through it. Hang in there!!

BIG hugs!!

Michelle
PS I still have zero tolerance for self-righteous ex-smokers!!! [Wink]

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

I also just quit smoking. I feel fatigued, but it will pass.

Please don't take ANY drugs to offset the effects from the withdrawl.

Keep up the good work

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peacesoul:

Please don't take ANY drugs to offset the effects from the withdrawl.

Congratulations, Peacesoul.

Quitting smoking is a huge undertaking. I don't think any of us should dictate how another person should best go about it.

"Research in western countries has found that approximately 3-5% of quit attempts succeed using willpower alone (Hughes et al, 2004) and clinical trials have shown that Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) can double this rate to approximately 6-10% (Silagy et al, 2004). This is a small effect but is considered very worthwhile.

Multi-session psychological support from a trained counselor, either individually or in groups has been shown in clinical trials to have an effect similar to that for NRT.

The best chances of success can be obtained by combining medication and psychological support. (USDHHS, 2000).

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nclymelife
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nclymelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new and only catching the tail end of this discussion. i quite with the help of Chantix it worked wonderful. No mood swings no desire i did great 3-4 weeks without one cig. Then went in the hospital for pain in my side along with everything i deal with everyday for four days. They let me out not exactly knowing what is going on maybe the dioxycycline it was either smoke again or take the narcotics thay always prescribe. I did not see any effects on fatique when i quit but i am always exhausted. I would rather quit smoking again then get addicted to pain pills and mask the problem with my side
Posts: 13 | From Ridgeway, NC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

tramadol is pretty harmless, I was actually already basially taking it but not to this extent. I HAVE to get a job and work, so I HAVE to do something. I plan on taking tramadol at like 6 am to force myself outta bed, I have been sleeping for like 15 hours a day again as of late, exp when I quit. Day 6 soon.
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know much about quit-smoking-fatigue but I DO know that Xango Mangosteen Juice helped my low energy when I was treating Bart. I was bouncing all over the place with that stuff.

It's healthy, lots of antioxidants and it was equivalent to drinking a red bull (for me).

Just a thought. (PM Lymetoo for more details)

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

I keep hearing that, and it amazes me as I took the mangosteen caps and didnt help me at all, not even a tiny bit. Maybe its fake. Anyway, I BARELY got though a craving tonight. chantix is good, but kill stom and too exp.
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the book "The only way to stop smoking permanently" by Allan Carr

I read it ten years ago and never wanted a cigarette again.

It really does work. Three days of mild discomfort and the rest is history.

I know it doesn't make it any easier to quit when you have to so I feel for you there but this book sure works.

As my Dr said years ago nobody has ever died from smoking withdrawal.
You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea!!!!!!!!!!! Quitting smoking is a giant step toward recovery. Good for you!!!!!!!!

This is an educated guess: The fatigue is form your body detoxing. I quit 15 years ago after having smoked for 16 years.

I never coughed up anything until I quit. Then for several weeks I coughed up the most disgusting stuff. It was that brownish, yellowish color of smoke stains. So all that was stuck in there and acculmulating. When I quit my body began to expel the junk.

So, it takes a lot of energy for the body to detox. Provigil is good but it is especially important right now to eat healthy, energizing food (LOTS of veggies ... and potatoes don't count) and stay away from the junk. Get as much rest as you can. Quitting is the best thing you could do in so many ways.

Congratulations again!!!!

robi

PS it does get easier as time passes

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement