LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Fevers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fevers
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I am experiencing fevers, but not what a "normal" person might consider a fever for them

SInce I have become ill my temps are usually 96 to 97 range, which is below "normal" body temp of 98.6

I get the chills even when my fiance is sweating buckets, I get that deep chill and than I will become over heated and I am achey all over like I have the flu.....

I am always achey all over but this is different

Well I decided today to try a little experiment.

I got the chills, was pretty cold and had the goosebumps, my finace was again very hott. My temp was 96.5

Then I got extremely over heated, became very achey to the ponit my skin hurts, and needed to take off my shirt and put on a light tank top. I decided to take my temp

It was 98.9, now I am thinking for my body that is a fever?

I wonder because I always have a low body temp that for me having a "normal" 98.6 or 98.9 is my bodies way of having a fever????

Does anyone else experience this??

It is weird I was so cold to the point of needing a big comforter and now I am so hott I cant even deal with clothes or even the feel of them on my skin......

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justwondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gets bouts of feeling VERY heated up inside.

It accompanies severe fatigue, though, and comes and goes.

I have noticed it more with treatment.

It doesn't make me sweat, but it is just a feeling of being very hot inside, underneath my skin, especially around my face and head.

Wish I had advice for you, but just know you aren't alone.

Take care:)
Jackie

Posts: 209 | From maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low grade fevers are not uncommon with Lyme. It sounds like a fever to me.

It is uncomfortable ... it will get better with treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeinSF
Member # 15163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeinSF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother has something similar that happens to her.

She normally has low-to-normal body temperature (about 97 to 98.6 degrees); she's usually on the low side. Partly because she has no thyroid, so she's on thyroid medication.

But I think it's also part of her illness. She didn't always have these symptoms, and she's had her thyroid out for 10 years, way before she got sick. So I'm thinking it's the illness (lyme? co-infections?)

But she gets a deep chill, often at night; she describes it as being cold in her bones.

Then she gets the sweats at night, and a few times during the day.

Not always, but often, when she has the chills or the sweats, I'll take her temperature, and it will be around 99 degrees. She will feel hot, and have all the signs of being feverish. And she gets even weaker than normal, especially in her knees.

I think 99 degrees wouldn't really be a fever in a normal person. But in her case, that's exactly what it is like for her, like a fever.

Some tylenol always get her temperature down again, and make her feel better and stronger.

For the record, she hasn't been diagnosed with lyme or the co-infections yet. But I'm willing to bet she has it, based on her other symptoms. We'll find out for sure when we see an LLMD next week.

At least, know you're not alone. I hope you and my mom will both be on the path to recovery soon.

Good luck.

Posts: 23 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again,... another signal that this could be babesia.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My body temp runs anywhere from 96.6 to my "normal" 97.4.

This is just about all day long every day.

Today I felt like I was on fire. No sweating, just hot skin.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I have a fever. Checked it by ear thermometer and guess what.

A raging 97.2!

I am treating babesia now.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!!

My temp ended up going to 99.1, which is like SUPER high for me

I know it sounds crazy to think that 98.9 is a fever for someone but for me my temp is always 96-97, so I know this is not normal for me.

I also do not have the sweats but am extremely heated to the point of uncomfortable, than cold....

I guess it is just another one of those things I will have to deal with

I am all swollen now for too much heat....

Thanks everyone, I dont feel so alone...even though I wouldnt wish any of this on my worst enemy

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's not crazy at all. most of us have low body temps, so 'normal' is a fever for many of us as well.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

2 days and still have a fever

it is now 99.9, I ahvent had a fever for a couple of years so this is definitley new.

I find this very weird....Like I said I am usually around 96-97

I am not even on treatment, although I just stopped the MP 3 days ago.

I wonder if it is just my immune system finally recognizing an infection for itself?

I wish I could call my doc to see if this is normal???

--------------------

disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

Just wanted to add my experience as well.

I also have very low body temp 96.9 - low 97s. After being put on Bactrim/Biaxin for suspected Babesia, my temp has been in the 98's and also in the 99's for a while now, which is much higher than usual.

Yes, I'd consider it a fever. I have been.

From what I heard it's a good thing, though. It means our immune system is awake and trying to kill off things, and also good because the bugs do not like the heat (that's why most of us have really low body temp normally).

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement