LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Confused - just want to punch a hole in the wall

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused - just want to punch a hole in the wall
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not thinking clearly and need your advice.

I have had a lot pain in the last few weeks, worse than in a long time. I have even wondered if I was bitten again.

Oddly, when I first got sick it was April 2 years ago, then last April I felt horrible (so glad I keep a detailed diary), so LLMD ran Igenex test last April and I remember being discouraged because I had been in treatment then 10 months and tests were worse then when I started! I remember a girl telling me congratulations, treatment is working, your antibodies are really showing now, that means the immune system is coming back. My LLMd wondered if I had been bitten again.

Now here it is again, my 3rd April and it has been a horrible month.

I have never been able to handle the large doses many can, my pain is much too severe, herxing doesn't stop, I have to stop the abx if I want the herx to stop.

I am on 1000mg of Biaxin per day and doing very low dose Bicillin 600,000mu's per week because I tried Bicllin at "normal" doses in the fall and herxed so hard I think I seriously injured myself internally.

So, I am not sure I am hurting more because of herx or my abx are too low (disease pain).

Not to mention new symptoms last couple of days that are scary to me, I have not had.

I feel mentally disconnected. When I talk to people it feels weird, I wonder if I am responding correctly and mentally discouraged and moody, crying, angry, etc.

Just so sick of this I want punch a hole in the wall.

I am word searching, stuttering. I was trying to cleaning house and wondered did I clean this or that...this IS NOT ME..ever.

This is not my normal "Lyme life" it pretty much is all PAIN. This makes me wonder if I am herxing or on too low of dose, is that even possible, too low of dose and feel new symptoms and increased pain?

See my mind is mixed up, I am confused...oh and having early awakenings last few days, and instant morning anxiety and SO MUCH NAUSEA - constantly nauseated. I hate that waking up with instant anxiety and edgy feeling. I don't get that either and then nauseated to the point of throwing up but I don't.

What do you think - herx, or possibly disease pain needing higher dose?

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymebytes,

Your symptoms of nausea, early awakenings, and instant anxiety upon awakening sound like my first IV Rocephin herx.

But are we ever sure what is caused by what w/this? As for the anger, mood disrupions etc. had this too.

I am never sure of what is a symptom, and what is a herx.

sorry you're feeling so poorly and that i couldn't be of more help.

feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been on the Biaxin? Maybe it's a herx.

If it's not a herx, maybe there is a coinfection that needs to be treated.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
punch the hole, cover it back up with a picture, and tell yourself youre going to be ok.

i am sorry for your suffering, sometimes it feels good to vent, as long as its not on others. [Smile]

cant really help u with any advice, other then i have felt exactly as you have and it will get better.

your llmd may be the best one to point you in the right direction.

i also have the mental disconnection, and at times cannot talk at all so i can def relate.

if you are in so much pain, treat it. do not needlessly suffer.

praying for you

d

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much detoxing are you doing?

Lymph drainage therapy helped me the most with herx pain, although I felt exhausted the next day from clearing out the toxins. After that I felt much better. I tried to go once a month, although I think once a week would have been better.

What therapies are you doing that are supposed to cross the blood brain barrier? Personally, I liked penicillin injections and Venex ointment for this.

I found that my neuro symptoms were the worst when I had the most inflammation. It helped during such herxes to increase my Cortisol slightly, and/or to take ibuprophen. Then I could think much better.

Have you had your hormone levels checked? If you not on Cortef, you might want to consider getting a saliva test to see if you need some.

I think my natural hormone supplements were a great contributor to me getting well. I don't know if I could have managed without it.

Hang in there!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewarrior03
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3891

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lymewarrior03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi again.
achhhhhhhh what NASTY BEASTS WE HAVE.
This BYTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my busbdnd and I can only tolerate low doses for long periods of time......and that ain't no picnic. Too many ants getting stuck in the honey.

We seem to get worse every spring, just as you were describing. My eyes are bad again...and i'm more disconnected and anxious.

Have times in the day I rant and rave about how hopeless it is........ Ach. WILL THERE EVER BE ANSWERS YES THERE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK AND HEALING WISHES
WE WILL SURVIVE.

[ 12. May 2008, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: lymewarrior03 ]

Posts: 661 | From NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for prayers and words of encouragement, somehow helps just to know you understand. I am at this now 2 years and it really is getting tiresome.

I do have a good pain management MD (thank God!) but as we know very little helps, especially if it is a herx. I wish I could at least feel positive, wish there was a positive thinking pill! I can deal with this so much better when my thinking is clear and hopeful. I try and it is like my brain won't cooperate.

I have my husband and son both w/LD in the house ..it is ugly and at times it just seems IMPOSSIBLE we could all have this. 10 years ago, I would have never dreamed I'd be living in this hell, let alone ALL 3 of us. My sister has 3 in her household w/Ld...but doesn't seem to be as severe as we have it. But 6 total in this family...isn't that crazy?

The ignorance of California Md's believing this is a East Coast disease is such a joke. We have 3 LLMD's that I am aware of here, all bursting at the seams with patients.

I do have co's. Some dealt with one has not Ehrilichia, I have a bad time on the Tetra's and don't know how I am ever going to get rid of it.

For now...I go on in disbelief of this never ending nightmare.

Thanks for support it helps just hearing your stories.

--------------------

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymebytes, was wondering how/where you were!
This whole thing just seriously sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

I just wanted to tell you that some of the symptoms you describe (waking up edgy, anxious) are spot-on bartonella/BLO for me. I know your doc in SF treats this w/Biaxin combo for a year and calls it done, but is there any way you would consider retreating bart/BLO w/Dr S.H.? The stuff you are describing he could really get a handle on. I have improved enormously under his care (knock on wood).

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymewarrior,

Has your husband ruled out rheumatoid arthritis?

Migratory joint pain is typical RA symptom. Keeping in mind, RA is nothing. It is not a bacteria nor a virus, it is just the name of a disorder wherein the body attacks itself, cause unknown. Lyme is one known cause of RA. So is mycoplasmas and in fact, minocin is the antibiotic of choice for RA as it supposedly attacks mycoplasmas.

If he has not had this ruled out, have him check out www.roadback.org. It is a website that believes in and has 50 yrs research proving infectious causes to RA. Including lyme.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

CD57 - Hi - Yeah, I question the Bart thing. He relies on Igenex test 100% ....he tests about every 90 days, my titers seemed to fall during treatment, spiked a year ago and then fell again until titers were normal.He felt we were done with Bart treatment. Well, I know the symptoms and since then have wondered too. Now I had an entire Igenex test run a couple days ago, (I called him -even though I am done seeing him after next appt in 10 days) told him of my agony and ordered the test since he relies so much on them. I also wanted to see if I am turning up pos for Babs, which he swears I don't have, I don't know if I believe that either. The worst thing about him, he just has no understanding of my pain, I cannot follow these high dose radical protocols he sets up for me, I wish I could...but the pain is much too severe..he just doesn't care about that at all.

My plan fell through to go to Dr. S.H. only because another LLMD in Santa Rosa I started treatment with (and much closer to me) treats gently (I need that w/my pain issues) and I figured it seems to be a crap shoot with all LLMD's, no one has the definite answer, but at least this LLMD does NOT rely on the tests - he is clinical, by symptoms all the way. So I am going back to him for awhile.

We'll see...I have Dr. H in the back of my mind all the time..he is just so far. The car ride kills me to SF I can't imagine another 30 minute to RWC.

How are you doing?

[ 01. May 2008, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: lymebytes ]

--------------------

lymewarrior03
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3891

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lymewarrior03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LYMEBYTES NEEDS SOME ELEVATION!!!!!!!!!! UP UP UP
Posts: 661 | From NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement