LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » NATURopath says Master Cleanse???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NATURopath says Master Cleanse???
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I went to a naturopath whom I saw back in 2004.

I still have the same symtoms of chronic vertigo and lyme symptoms. He was supprised.

He told me that I cant kill the candida at this point. He thinks that leaky gut might be an issue and gave me aloe juice to drink.

He also said that I should try the maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lemon juice cleanse.

I told him actually that when I dont eat at all I feel better.

Now Im wondering if I should go through with this.

Wont the maple syrup make the candida worse?

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion....A BIG FAT NO!
Lyme sufferers need to feed themselves, not starve themselves.
You can cleanse the colon while still taking in nutrients.

How many bowel movements do you make in a day?
Do you detox?
How old are you?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Yes, there are ways to help the colon to better health without fasting. I am not a big fan of cleanses and / or flushes as they often further stress an organ that is already stressed. I do not feel that the stressed organ needs more of that.

IME there are blended herbals from
www.inno-vita.com and
www.systemicformulas.com
that help organs heal without stressing them.

You can call them to ask for practitioners in your areas that use these.

ralph
Unregistered

Yes, there are ways to help the colon to better health without fasting. I am not a big fan of cleanses and / or flushes as they often further stress an organ that is already stressed. I do not feel that the stressed organ needs more of that.

IME there are blended herbals from
www.inno-vita.com and
www.systemicformulas.com
that help organs heal without stressing them.

You can call them to ask for practitioners in your areas that use these.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I move my bowels fine.

Yet I am making 0 progress.

I cant take ani anti fungal because I herx to hard and become suicidal.

When I dont eat for a while I actually feel better!

I dont get it either.

Im really considering it. Im sick of living the same way each day with my LLMD thinking Im getting better.

The only reason why neuropathy is better is because I cut out sugar and excersising.

I used to do both. Now I have vertigo and mcs which I always complain about yet nothing will touch it.

I am so let down.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Sounds like you are killing the yeast too fast.

How is your liver ? Most important organ we have ?

I suggest contacting www.biomeridian.com and asking for a practitioner in your area that uses protocols from computer testing called BIM. It used to be called Meridian Stress Assessment or EDS - Electrodermal screening.

Sounds to me that approaching your challenges in different ways now makes good sense as what you are doing now is not working well.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Liver enzymes always normal. Didnt go for the great smokies test because I was nervous about the caffeine.

Coffee enemas do little help. Saunas are better.

Milk Thistle increases my pain %1000 and makes me suicidal as does the anti funglas.

WHy do I get these suicidal feelings with the toxins. No one can answer that.

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
Sounds like you are killing the yeast too fast.

How is your liver ? Most important organ we have ?

I suggest contacting www.biomeridian.com and asking for a practitioner in your area that uses protocols from computer testing called BIM. It used to be called Meridian Stress Assessment or EDS - Electrodermal screening.

Sounds to me that approaching your challenges in different ways now makes good sense as what you are doing now is not working well. [/QB]

ralph
Unregistered

Liver enzymes with blood testing are very poor indicators that the liver may be stressed. The liver has to be doing very poorly for the enzymes to show high.

On milk thistle etc. - some are allergic or react poorly with some straight herbals. IME the herbals from companies I suggested above have been put together to be effective yet have very little or no over reactions to them.

cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeherx, you sound just like me in the early years of my illness. Every single supplement i tried made me feel sick.

Honestly, the only thing that made me feel better was quitting my job, stopping exercise, and getting total bedrest. Since I was undiagnosed,I only knew to add Siberian Ginseng -- which may have helped.

I did tolerate the ginseng, and eventually could tolerate other supps as well. Maybe if you take vegetarian/organic supps only, they might be gentler on you.

Sorry, i can't think of anything else to try-- hang in there, hon.

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you treated for bartonella?

I used to hate eating .... I would put it off as long as I could because it would make me sick every time. I drank a lot of smoothies made with whey protein and frozen fruit to substitute for meals.

In this article Dr. B calls GI symptoms a "key" symptom of bart. http://www.healthcentersofamerica.com/information.cfm?id=140

What about metals? Have you been tested for them? Many times candida problems are a result of heavy metal toxicity.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Bed rest makes me depressed. Ive gone through that allready.

However I do have to "lay down" alot.

quote:
Originally posted by cottonbrain:
lymeherx, you sound just like me in the early years of my illness. Every single supplement i tried made me feel sick.

Honestly, the only thing that made me feel better was quitting my job, stopping exercise, and getting total bedrest. Since I was undiagnosed,I only knew to add Siberian Ginseng -- which may have helped.

I did tolerate the ginseng, and eventually could tolerate other supps as well. Maybe if you take vegetarian/organic supps only, they might be gentler on you.

Sorry, i can't think of anything else to try-- hang in there, hon. [/QB]

brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to look into MMS. Chlorine Dioxide does kill candida. My thrush is almost completely gone. In your condition I'd start out with only 1/2 a drop and go slow. Caution it gets worse before getting better. best of luck
Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Thats the thing, I cant kill it at all. My body becomes paralyzed from the toxins and my brain becomes very very bad.

I literally cant move for 3-4- hours after I take the antifungal.

quote:
Originally posted by brentb:
You may want to look into MMS. Chlorine Dioxide does kill candida. My thrush is almost completely gone. In your condition I'd start out with only 1/2 a drop and go slow. Caution it gets worse before getting better. best of luck [/QB]

brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me it sounds like you are killing it and getting a herx effect. The problem appears to be an inability to clear the toxins from your system. If I take 2-3 drops MMS on about the third day I'm useless with tachycardia and profound tiredness among other symptoms. Getting the right dosage is difficult to do.

For detox I drink the green superfood with chlorella. Keep in mind this thing takes months to feel the results.

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Tried it all, chlorella, aple pectin, welchol, sauna and now coffee enemas daily AGAIN!

Im thinking more and more of Marshall Proticol or taking something to balance the immune system.

The immune system is so out of whack!

Its that TH1 suppresed NK cell phenominon going on.

I never thought it would get this bad. For some reasons I am blaming my immune systems inability to process the toxins rather then the toxins themselves.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Im sick of being sick. Im thinking Marshall again.

Im making another appointment with my LLMD tomarrow to yell at him like I have been doing for the past 3 years.

He just doesnt know really.

The Marshall stories sound so much like miracles I want to believe the same way that I want to believe in a loving God who wills me not to suffer.

LH

yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally think there's something to fasting programs such as the Master Cleanse. I think fasting allows the body to release and dump toxins in the blood.

Whether fasting kills microbes or just reduces inflammation is not clear, but both are good things.

There are studies and evidence of people with arthritic problems and chronic fatigue, etc, getting rid of symptoms while on a fasting/caloric restriction program.

http://www.anti-aging-guide.com/32rheumatoid.php#6

And I don't think fasting is hard on the organs - in fact, wouldn't it give them a much needed rest?

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeherx,

I am like you in that things that help others just put me into a world of pain. Dr. finally ran a gene test on me to determine my ability to detox.

Turns out, my genes needed to produce glutathione are severely compromised.

One thing that helps me tremendously is IV glutathione. Another is diet. I am sure you have read my many posts on the importance of diet. For me, vegetarian (mostly) diet.

I learned from the genetic test that cruciferous vegetables aid the body in producing glutathione. Especially asparagus.

As a child, my most favorite food in the whole world was asparagus. No wonder!

So, have you considered IV glutathione to help you detox?

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement