LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » You deserve a medal!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You deserve a medal!!!
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't we all deserve a medal every day, simply for just waking up in the morning? Sheesh!

I had oral surgery yesterday. I opted for local anesthetic, without epinephrine, due to my low cortisol. I didn't want to wake up in the ER from low blood pressure.

It really wasn't any fun, although it's quite over now. Lunch out would have been better. I deserve a medal!

What do you deserve a medal for??!!!!

Post here!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deserve a metal for surviving another day. I hate to admit it, but I am in the mental dumps.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby deserves a medal for helping me organize items for a yard sale this Saturday. Praying it doesn't rain.

Especially since he just added Rifampin (75 mg daily) to the 4 antibiotics he was already on.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deserve a medal for having the courage to try levaquin and trusting my instincts for once. And also not collapsing under all the stress I was under today.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to dentist for cleaning last week.

they found 1 small cavity plus a crack in my lower tooth next to where molar used to be.
i'm holding off on going back; they have to CLAMP MY MOUTH OPEN! it's so small and it's painful to go thru.

$750 for a crown to cover it! i don't want to spend the money, but if i have it pulled, i won't be chewing on left side at all.

yep, you deserve a medal of honor; we all do fighting the beurocracy, sp,

of finding llmds,

trying to be reimbursed by health insurance agencies,

going thru SSDI disability insurance benefits procedure,

fighting to get our 2 lyme disease bills be put on agenda in congress to be voted on after 10 long, painful years;

our llmds deserve this medal; like Dr. Jones; Jemsek, Burrascano, who have fought their state's health dept.s to continue treating lyme patients!! [group hug] [kiss]

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suffering for 2 years, living with excruciating, agonizing pain and neuropathy and staying in bed all day maybe 3-4 days of those 2 years and just continuing to push through with my old "healthy" days work and routines, just trying my hardest not to allow life to stop, even though at times I wish it would... I just figured one day, hey I can take the excruciating pain with me...oh boy. Life must go on.. but hey I have a family, I am woman here me roar. (No offense guys...I love ya!)

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On this day in April, let it be known that Bejoy is hereby commended for her bravery in the face of oral surgery, having gone above and beyond the call of anaesthesia.

-

[Big Grin]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in one way or the other, we all deserve medals for "surviving" another day.

Oral surgery without anesthesia? Wow!!!!

That really tops mine.

I didn't wack my husband over the head with a frying pan

As he is in his manic funk again (not treating again) [shake] .

I really, really wanted to. [Big Grin]

I have such wonderful, generous, funny friends here that are like

Having a gold medal every day of the week.

That, to me, is the greatest reward. [Smile]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather have a cookie. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had this same convo with a friend yesterday, telling her how little anyone really knows how hard I have to work to just survive.

I deserve a metal for being sick 14 yrs and still working, living alone, taking care of myself and finding out on my own I had lyme
Then driving to NY to meet with a LLMD, starting abx and going back to work.
I mow my own lawn, clean my own pool, do my own groceries etc....all the while being sick with lyme and severe panic attacks

WE ROCK FOLKS !!! :-)

And I would also like to state, I would rather a cookie was well ;-)

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deserve a medal for handling all this with tremendous composure, and positivism.

I developed a rash from Lamictal, which I'm taking for seizures. This rash can turn into a necrotizing rash, and kill you.

Cut back on it, and it was hell creeping up. Now I've increased it again, with significant relief.

I can't believe the degree of suffering I tolerated before symptom management.

My thanks to Dr. S.!

Alison, you deserve a medal for that medal!

Best wishes,

[ 01. May 2008, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: canbravelyme ]

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cottonbrain, i hear you and i deserve the same medal.

i deserve a medal for making it through each day and trying my hardest to stay positive no matter how sick or depressed i feel.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bejoy:
[QB] Don't we all deserve a medal every day, simply for just waking up in the morning? Sheesh!

Anybody who is fighting lyme definitely deserves a medal!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchMe
Member # 15353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i joined this board just to pick up my medal. can't believe i;m still kicking against the pricks.

--------------------
Bit in March 2005.

Posts: 58 | From Jersey | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deserve a medal for living most of my life with Lyme and not knowing it until I was 33.

Go me!!!

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
allison, you outdid yourself on BEJOY's medal; well done my friend! [bow] [bonk] [group hug] [kiss]
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My medal goes to my Precious cat Sammy who I buried yesterday for being the joy in my life and bringing me such happiness in the last few years and for hanging on to life so not to hurt his mum. Sadly he lost and his mum cries every minute of the day right now.

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we all deserve a lot more than just a medal....yeah a cookie would really hit the spot

my children all deserve medals....being a teenager with lyme really sucks....

i will take a medal too....for listening to my own body when docs were so off the mark

for saving my girls lives....and getting them treatment

for being their advocate in the school system...so that they would not lose out on their education

for holding it all together when hubby is on constant business trips and i feel like a single parent

but dental surgery - you win!!

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww shucks Allison. Your're the best!

You all rock! Medals and cookies for everyone!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rianna - so sorry to hear about your kitty Sammy. That was the name of one of my cats growing up.

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to give my medal to Blumenthal for standing up for us. He rocks!!!

BTW-I was awarded my medal for pushing myself to do good work on behalf of people with disabilities, while dealing with my own health crisis.

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ALL

Yep we All deserve a Big Medal --

I tell people that I would have rather spent
the last 20 yrs in Prison and feel good-

than be sick and not know what the
next 5 minutes is going to bring -

Most people in the US Only go threw
a few hours of pain in there Whole lives-

Get the Flu- have a tummy ache -
burn there finger Break something --
minor things --

In there minds thats as Bad as Pain gets --

Well- We All know how bad pain can be -

Then add ALL the Hassle
that we HAVE to go threw with doctors -
insurances BLa Bla -Hoops --

The Whole experance has been a nightmare
and I cant wake up -

Yep -
We All deserve A Big Shinny Medial or 2 -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Come on, tell us what you deserve credit for. You know you've been amazing!

--------------------
bejoy!

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I think we all deserve a medal ( is that how you spell it?) for our efforts in research.

We could very easily have just melted to the couch or rolled under a big rock, but we all want our lives back so we push on to learn more. I know we'd rather have other projects both as a professional away from this and for some fun. But until I learn how to get well, fun is limited. So, trudge on.

2nd medal to everyone for helping others here. I'm amazed at the degree of helpful information and sharing.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgaTX
Member # 15314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgaTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deserve a medal for being sick for a decade before being diagnosed with Lyme two years ago. For losing all my childhood, high school and college years to doctor appt's, surgeries, ER visits, misdiagnoses and many many bedridden days.
And somehow I maintained my sanity, hope and joy despite the circumstances!
And that I am finally getting to go back to college this fall to finish my last 6 hours that I couldn't finish before because I was too ill.

And we all deserve a medal for the fight we put up EVERY day until we are better!

Posts: 46 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had symptoms of "something" since the age of 14. I only started to really look into what was wrong with me in March of last year. That was when my symptoms started to get really interesting.

Step by step, bit by bit, I slowly started putting the puzzle pieces together by doing my own research. This was in spite of various ducks telling me I was just getting older, was a nervous patient, etc.

Even had one tell me it couldn't possibly be lyme (when I mentioned it last June) because I didn't have chronic joint pain and intermittent fevers!

May all ducks be beaten over the head repeatedly with a rubber chicken!

Finally, this past March, I have a dx and am in treatment. It only took 30 years, what's the rush?

Dunno about a medal. That seems a bit much for my accomplishments, considering all I wanted was to find out what was wrong with me and fix it. Maybe a cookie and a backrub. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement