LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Put Lyme Disease Network on Good Morning America!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Put Lyme Disease Network on Good Morning America!
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 2 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning I saw a segment on Good Morning America asking viewers to vote for their Picture of Health Candidate out of five.

Maria Ruoff is one of them-a cancer survivor and managing Chronic Lyme Disease.
I didn't get her full story-but this surely would put Chronic Lyme out there in the media.

The contest was sponsored by Prevention Magazine-so I imagine there will be something in the mag,too.

http://abcnews.go.com/abcnewsnow/PictureOfHealth/

[ 06. May 2008, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Cobweb ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check it out!
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cobby,

How about changing your title to "Vote for Maria". Wouldn't it be cool if she won!

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you notice she said she was 69 years old? Did I hear that right? She certainly doesn't look that old!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She doesn't "look sick" either. [Wink]
Seriously, she really doesn't look that age AT all!

I voted for her. I don't know if you can do it more than once, but I tried.

She's the middle one right? [dizzy] [bonk]

If she gets the votes, we get to hear how she's gotten herself well.

VOTE PEOPLE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Great find Carol!!!! [kiss]

[hi]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vote! [Big Grin]

yes, she is 69 years old.

right now she's in 2nd place, but there is someone closing in on her.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

I received this message in a pm:

It also says that Lymenet is her charity!!!!

Each contestant has a charity which will receive $5000 of their $10,000 prize if they win.
Learn more about Maria Ruoff's charity, the Lyme Disease Network .
http://abcnews.go.com/abcnewsnow/PictureOfHealth/story?id=4743121&page=1

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just voted! Maria is in 3rd place.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just voted.

Not only is Maria a lymie, she's a local! Gotta support that! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted too, sure hope she wins.
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

well-she's not going to win at this rate-let's make Lyme Disease a household word!

Vote, vote vote!

LymeinSF
Member # 15163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeinSF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for her. I'd love to see her full story on GMA. But it looks like she needs another 500 votes.

I hope she gets them ;-)

Posts: 23 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it's hard to believe that she is almost 70! She is beautiful!!

Of course I voted for her. She deserves it!

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just voted for maria too...copying results here; she's now in 4th place; over 100% more for no. 1 !!!

Vote for the Picture of Health winner:

Eileen Friedman, Plantation, Fla.

Becky Griggs, West Linn, Ore.690

MaryKay Mullally, San Diego, Calif.554

Maria Ruoff, Shillington, Pa.487

Colleen Kelly, Shutesbury, Mass.324

Total Vote: 3,152

Not a scientific survey.

Cobweb
Unregistered

Copying the link again for anyone who scrolls to the bottom and is too tired to scroll back up! [Smile]

lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for her, and she is a beauty, unbelievable that she is as old as stated.

Sure hope she wins!

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE VOTE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

She has fallen WAY behind.

[Frown]

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

!!!!!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she's 68. She said she is 15 months away from 70.

Now that I've shown you how smart I am {HA! probably NOT!} .. Let me now show you how dumb I am.

WHICH one is MARIA in the top pictures? I don't want to click on the wrong one!!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

Even 68 looks good...I am jumping on the treadmill after I vote for her. [Big Grin]

This would be great if she wins..plz everyone vote for Maria. She needs this and so do we.

Tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you're dumb TuTu! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

She's the middle one right? [dizzy] [bonk]

At least not any dumber than me! [Wink] [group hug] [Big Grin]

[hi]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

VOTE PEOPLE VOTE!!!!!

[ 02. May 2008, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: AliG ]

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

maria is 3rd one; RIGHT IN MIDDLE of 5 women!

i noted again; and tried to go back and click again to see if it STILL ADDS ON ADDITIONAL CLICKS; NOPE, it does not!

Eileen Friedman, Plantation, Fla.

Becky Griggs, West Linn, Ore.994

MaryKay Mullally, San Diego, Calif.717

Maria Ruoff, Shillington, Pa.561

Colleen Kelly, Shutesbury, Mass.442

Total Vote: 4,077
Not a scientific
survey.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!! I'm off to VOTE!!

Thanks for the support, Ali!! [Big Grin]

===

That's weird. She SAYS on the video she's 69. Maybe she can't count either!! [lol]

[she probably sent in her application when she was 68]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voting is easy. How many of you are going to the rally in NJ on May 7 to try to rescue HR 741 from the clutches of Frank Pallone? I heard only 30 people have signed up. A big rally would REALLY put Lyme in the spotlight and maybe get us federal $$ too.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Maybe she's 59 and just feels like 69 because of Lyme Disease.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Cobweb:
Maybe she's 59 and just feels like 69 because of Lyme Disease.

[lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phyllis, that's depressing ONLY 30 PEOPLE SIGNED UP for may 7th protest!!!

especially our blumenthal VICTORY.

i hope those of you who LIVE CLOSE will take the time to go to this whether in a wheelchair, your scooter, etc.

thank you from those of us out of state who can't be there! we appreciate everything you do for ALL of us! [group hug] [kiss]

Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She needs more votes..she is in 4th place now...
She is the third picture to click on the link.

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xtine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted but she's 2nd last...everyone vote!!!
Posts: 127 | From Toronto, Ontario Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to vote!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
voted
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
voted!
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted.

Too bad she's in third place right now though [Frown]

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes, just voted and she's still only #4.

Seriously, EVERYONE needs to vote!!!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up again
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted, doesnt look like shes gonna win though
[Frown]

Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to vote more than once in one day and it didn't work BUT I just voted again and it worked so I think you can vote once a day.

VOTE AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Well, I just voted again-to have the opportunity to put the words CHRONIC LYME in everyone's living room-and in the face of IDSA's denial.

Guess our numbers are not as strong as I thought [Frown] -and Lyme Disease will remain a closet disease.

I don't want to be a fatalist-but I'm surprised people on board haven't jumped on this and run with it.

Think I will try a more "provocative" title so people will investigate at least.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I was able to vote again today, but yesterday wouldn't work.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just voted for her - I can't believe she's 68! She looks fantastic. Kind of gives me hope as I age..

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just voted for her - I can't believe she's 68! She looks fantastic. Kind of gives me hope as I age..

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

rise and shine and give Maria your vote-we need her and she needs us!

tickled1
Member # 14257

Wouldn't let me yet this morning but I voted for the 2nd time late last night. Maybe I have to wait 24 hrs. I'll try again later.

COME ON EVERYONE!!! DON'T YOU WANT OUR VOICES TO BE HEARD? IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND!!!

If all the users on this site voted I know she could win!

tickled1
Member # 14257

......on second thought though, she looks SO great, especially for 69 that maybe people wouldn't think chronic Lyme is such a big deal if someone as healthy looking as her is trying to convince them. [bonk]
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for Maria!

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted, wow she looks great for her age!!!
Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted. Also, this might be a good one for to send to your personal contacts. I did.

Lily

Posts: 219 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just voted.....she is still in 4th place.....

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dang... Who's voting for all the others and WHY? Makes you wonder!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

i voted; here's latest...

MaryKay Mullally, San Diego, Calif.

Eileen Friedman, Plantation, Fla.4,423

Becky Griggs, West Linn, Ore.4,298

Maria Ruoff, Shillington, Pa.998

Colleen Kelley, Shutesbury, Mass.676

Total Vote: 14,882

i can't believe top 3 are now all having 4,000 plus votes!!!! rigged somehow; or their FAN base of family/friends are voting every 5 minutes!~

breezywings
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breezywings   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted. Thanks for the link!

--------------------
...~*Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming*~...

Posts: 120 | From New Jersey | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[cussing] maria is now 4,000 plus votes behind!! whose doing all the voting for other 3 women? uffda. betty [Frown]

MaryKay Mullally, San Diego, Calif.

Becky Griggs, West Linn, Ore.5,125

Eileen Friedman, Plantation, Fla.5,120

Maria Ruoff, Shillington, Pa.1,029

Colleen Kelley, Shutesbury, Mass.700

Total Vote: 17,241
Not a scientific survey.

Cobweb
Unregistered

maybe we're voting wrong- or they're not getting registered?

Do we have to sign in to vote?

It seems to me the first time I voted I did not have to click a picture .I actually clicked the name.

Cobweb
Unregistered

Maria- if Lyme Disease Network is your charity-what can we do to help your cause ?
Cobweb
Unregistered

bump
Cobweb
Unregistered

we can at least try to make a difference.
AliG
Member # 9734

You have to have cookies allowed on your browser in order to vote. When I let it set a cookie, it let me vote.

I went back & deleted the cookie & still haven't been able to figure out how to vote again.

I just gives me the tally, no matter what I do. It doesn't let me select Maria like I did the first time it let me vote. [Frown]

--------------------

Cobweb
Unregistered

Rise and shine and give Maria the glory glory.

Rise and shine and give Maria the glory glory.

RISE and SHINE and Give Maria the GLORY GLORY

Victims with Chronic L Y M E.

Oh wait-wrong thread-this should be on
the new release of Lymenuts All Time CD. [Big Grin]

Cobweb
Unregistered

For the homebound- you can still make a difference.
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted but it says she's still in 4th place. Grrrrrrr.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement