LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Muscle testing: fact or fiction?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle testing: fact or fiction?
al369
Member # 15113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for al369     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity: how many of you have done muscle testing and do you think it is effective?

I know of one Lymenet buddy who has had it that thinks it's very good and I wondered.

Thanks. I appreciate any input.

--------------------
Allanah

Posts: 36 | From New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have

i am very mixed about it

it seemed legit on one hand and on the other - i dont know just felt "off" in the gut as well

MIXED!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very much a hands on skill. So it may depend on the practitioner. My first chiropractor did it so I assumed they all did - guess I was pretty naive at 25.

I have done it to many people and some it works well with and some not.

If you do not feel comfortable with it, it probably will not work well for you. Listen to your gut. We are all different and need different approaches and I feel part of our mission is to find what works best for us.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, you may want to do a search with my name and ART. You will get many posts, some of which will shed some light, some will confuse you more.

Believe me when I say here that if it weren't for muscle testing, I would probably have never gotten well. I am specifically referring to ART = Autonomic Response Testing. It is an art and deserves its name. You might find find someone in your area. I know they are there -- from medical doctors, dentists, to many other healing types, but you have to search for them.

You may touch base with Heiwalove/Heather, who posts here regularly. She found someone who comes to your area who may be able to help you.

Keep an open mind for ART - it is a proven method that brought me back into a wonderful healthy life.

Take good care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

just adding...to GIGI!
ART saved my life when no dr could fix my lab work as it was all screwed up.In 2 months my lab work was perfect even though I was still strugling and had to start antibiotics with my llmd , that beilived me and found I had all Co infections , before even getting the lab work back for co-infections.

But AGAIN it depends on how gifted the person is to get the results.

The body changes every time..and is not the same ....and my intake suplement change all the time.

I go to the person that I have been refered as GIFTED chiropractic.She does not cure LYME, but she helped me to suport my organs when they all felt and in the mean time my LLMD gives me the right antibiotics -pending on the bugs that are most active at the time.

SO one keep my body in balance and helps me on healing and suiporting and the other ones chases the CERTAIN BUGS..AND JUST SO YOU KNOW..they are diferent every time I go .

But the most resistance is for me BART and mucoplasma!

MY LLMD helpes me to treat lyme and co-infections....but my chiropractic...balances the suplements and dosage that my body needs.

Both complelment each other.Without both of them -that use Muscle testing -I would have been dead.

YES GIGI it is true.

You will see diferent posts...and that will show that not every body is gifted!

lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm clear headed now because of ART and the knowledge the practioner had using it.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al369
Member # 15113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for al369     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi, Bob and Alv, of course. You were the Lymenet buddy I was referring to. [Smile]

My LLMD used applied kinesiology (included in ART, but not its totality) when I visited my LLMD and that along with a lengthy interview and a list of symptoms lead him to make a diagnosis of Lyme and Bart for sure--possibly other co-infections.

I was completely ignorant of the method until he used it, so when I came home I researched it and got mixed information.

I thought to get opinions from some on the board because your opinions are more relevant to me given that you are dealing with the same symptoms. Thanks for taking the time to opine.

--------------------
Allanah

Posts: 36 | From New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ART = Fact in my opinion

Years ago, I was not a believer. Having seen it and used it, I believe it provides much better guidance than conventional lab testing alone.

I would give back my entire stack of blood tests and keep my ART results and can confidently say I would be pretty ok with that....

I view ART as one of the biggest gifts I have been given along this journey.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Yes I know!
By the way .I eamiled the person that used to be with your dr a few years ago and missed bart.

She said that when he used to practice in CT he did not used muscle testing.

Probably now that he knows the efects that the body shows -helps and react to certain pathogens , he started using it lately.

That does not make him an expert , but at least he is trying.So listening from your symtoms-lab works , microscopic findings and muscle testing helps him to know more about your body and is able to help you more on the protokoll for your treatment.

I am glad he is using all the methods to help his patients!

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least as it is applied to muscle testing in the "Hold the item, make a declaration, and then the tester pushes your arm down" kind of way, Fiction.

Maybe there's more to a "complete ART" protocol, but for the moment what I've seen it is on the same line as faith healing or intelligent guessing at best, sometimes I even got the impression it was sort of "John Edwards-ish", the way that questions were phrased and tests were done it suggested the phenomenon known as "cold reading", when applied to supposed psychics.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoting shakespeare, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio". I challenge you to read the following link and articles about science on just anomalies and what has been learned:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al369
Member # 15113

Blackstone, just to clarify, he was very straightforward.

He said hold this, I would, and he would push my arm down (I couldn't keep it up even though I was trying).

He did that about four times, alternating arms to ensure one didn't get overtired and then when I held the antibiotics along with the bacteria, I miraculously could hold it up.

In fact I didn't think he was applying pressure and he was...it was bizarre.

--------------------
Allanah

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had the same test done, I didn't have any sort of consistent results. For instance, when the provider pressed my arm down with one combination, trying the same combination 5 minutes later gave the opposing response (ie I held my arm up).

Also, pressing with the exact same combination on different parts of my arm yielded different results (By the laws of physics, certain positions will make your arm stronger and certain ones will make your arm weaker and less able to resist force from a certain area etc).

There are a lot of variables involved in this, even if you switch arms. Even assuming that a provider is skilled enough to press with the exact same amount of force every single time (which is unlikely - sure, you could approximate it but its a very difficult to know your own strength on a given day and say "Yes, I'm pressing down with exactly X psi or the like"), every patient has differing arm strength.

Perhaps when you held the antibiotics at the same time, depending on how you held them it changed you to a more rigid stance or gave you better balance, which in turn allowed you to hold your arm up? Similar to how I could push someone square in the chest and they would topple over if their legs were standing parallel at a relaxed position, but even a small shift bringing one foot out in front of the other would enable them to withstand my push without much trouble. I'm not saying this is for sure what happened, but it is a possibility.

The variables involve combined with the fact that I've had a ton of conflicting outcomes on different trial sets leads me to believe that in and of itself, the way it was implemented with me anyway, it doesn't appear to be a good diagnostic.

If it taught you something that you can corroborate with other testing or treatment, that's great! I just don't think the methodology is sound from the "versions" I've experienced.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like ART is what YOUR subconscious is telling you. Like Ouija Boards, etc. Remember the experiement in science class where you had a marble on a string and held it still between your fingers and made it go around in circles by imagining it. When the same string was put on a separate rack, no amount of concentrating could make it move, because YOU weren't touching it.

ART sounds like intuition, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

IMO,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have relied on applied kinesiology for my recovery, with good results.

Depends how you qualify fact and fiction.

It's an intuitive process, so it's not for everybody, especially if they are organized around solid research-oriented black and white info. You have to use what makes sense to your mind and your personality.

I had trouble getting research-oriented accurate medical tests regarding lyme and co-infections anyway, so personally I had to consider info I got from kinesiology to be more along the lines of fact, and the IDSA Labcorp blood tests more along the lines of fiction.

My kinesiologist was treating me with some of the Buhner protocol herbs before he knew I had lyme, or thought to test for it. Those are the herbs that came up as indicated by his muscle testing.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al369,

As you know, I see your LLMD too and years ago he discovered which abx I could tolerate and which I could not by doing that same format of kinseology (sp?).

I already knew that I could NOT tolerate Zith or Biaxin (at that time) just by months of being on and off of them prior to seeing him.

I had NO clue which abx were in which vials and my arm flopped down immediately upon holding those two drugs, whereas I was fine with the others.

I told him nothing of the knowledge of my intolerance and he didn't tell me what was in my hand...but it all added up the same.

I TOTALLY know how you feel because it seems random to people like us who don't understand the science behind it.

I came up as a low positive for Babesia Duncani on Igenex but passed the muscle test for ALL TBD's (including the Babs (untreated) and Bart which I'd been treating the last 5 mos).

I think he combines ALL info. The tests, your clinical symptoms, the muscle testing, his intuition and experience of seeing SO many TBD patients and symptom patterns over the years.

I was "relieved" when I saw the same lady in the waiting room after my appmt. She told me she still hadn't "cured" her Babs based on her remaining symptoms and the fact that her arm fell limply when they put the Babs vial in her other hand. I felt HORRIBLE for her but it made me feel like there was some validity to the process.

My arm also went slamming down when he put nicotine in my fist...I've smoked off and on for years so that was interesting.

Many people on the board know I've wrestled with this "exposed to Babs Duncani" but have no symptoms and passed the muscle testing diagnosis. I keep picturing it festering in my body but my LLMD does NOT want to treat if there are no clinical symptoms...or at least, until there ARE.

If you break it down, it makes sense in that the testing is horrific and unreliable and most LLMD's conclude that you're "cured" or in remission by symptoms going away. How can you determine if the symptoms are gone when they were never there to begin with?

At some point (and believe me, I'm saying this to myself, as well), you have to trust your LLMD, speak up if you have some major GUT instinct and then, "let go and let God."

70% of the torture of TBD illness' (for me) is the controversy, inconsistent treatments/facts, ambiguities, how patients react differently to all meds and that constant shade of gray.

I think you're in very good hands but it's always good to question and remain an advocate of your own health...especially when it comes to TBD's.

Blessings to us ALL!!!
[group hug]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ART is based on complex physics. It is not the same as intuition. It is in-part based on biophoton theory from a brilliant researcher in Germany named Fritz-Albert Popp. Dr K developed the ART system incorporating a number of concepts in physics.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

ART is not used to diagnose.

Q: What is the Autonomic Nervous System?

A: The Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) is the part of the nervous system that controls functions such as blood flow, heart rate, organ function, digestion, the immune system and healing, etc.

Q: What is ART?

A: Autonomic Response Testing (ART) is a system of evaluation and treatment developed by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, Ph.D, and Lousia Williams, DC, ND. ART uses muscle testing through biofeedback of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) to determine disturbances and potential remedies. ART is a Functional Assessment used by the Holistic/ Integrative Doctor, to determine bodily function (or dysfunction), not specific diseases.

Dr. Klinghardt blended the muscle testing of American Applied Kinesiology with the understanding of the anatomy and physiology of German Neural Therapy to develop ART. The result is a highly structured and sophisticated muscle testing biofeedback system designed to give reliable and reproducible results. A medical assessment tool (like ART) that records generalized and localized ANS disturbance can be helpful in determining the root causes of health disturbances.

Autonomic Response Testing (ART) grew out of the importance of detecting and correcting problems of the autonomic nervous system. ART allows the doctor to correct the problems of the ANS and to help restore the self regulating mechanism of the body allowing the patient to return to a state of health.

Q: How is ART different from other types of muscle testing?

A: ART is different from other forms of muscle testing in that is uses the latest findings of quantum and biophotonic physics to aid in the assessment of the body. This allows for a much deeper level of testing not available before to traditional kinesiologists. Tools such as a polarization filter and signal enhancers are used to get stronger, clearer feedback from the body. ART often finds things that are missed with traditional kinesiology.

ART pracitioners, in general, also have the ability to test for a wider variety of root causes of illness, including specific infections, toxins, and emotional disturbances.

Q: Can ART diagnose diseases?

A: ART is used along with traditional tests, to determine the root causes of illness. It is not used to diagnose diseases.

Q: How accurate is ART testing?

A: ART has been shown to be the most accurate of all kinesiology techniques, with the best reproducability and inter-examiner reliability.

Take good care.

P.S. ART worked for me superbly and is working for thousands and thousands around the world.
ART was quite different when I was first treated with it in 1998 and is constantly evolving just as our Lymne treatments evolve. Who would have believed MMS. In 1998 when I was first screaming to take care of metals and viruses, I was almost sent out to pasture. As far as Dr. K. is concerned and as far as I am concerned, there is no Lyme Disease without heavy metal toxicity (that's the major problem), parasites, viruses, and environmental toxins; and it is very necessary to address the emotional unresolved conflicts which we all - all - walk around with. Most of us, certainly.

Dr. C., for the people doing the Cowden protocol, is of exactly the identical opinion, and when using the Cowden protocol, all these other factors have to be addressed. But major are the heavy metals and not to forget, EMF's.

I know it can be overwhelming, but treating one correctly (starting with the metals) often forces the others to the surface and makes them treatable.

Many are doing it this way, many, many have done it successfully, I have done it successfully. You can do it too.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, another true believer of ART. I turned into a great admirer of the method.

I do now think I owe my health to it. Of course I used Buhner's herbs and other treatments, but without ART / muscle tests, I was going to be lost on the sequence of treatment, what to attack, what to do.

I also fought many different pathogens, my second infected tick bite gave me all co-infections my doctor could test (on top of chronic borrelia and chronic bartonella I was fighting at the time of re-infection). Here am I, lyme free, co-infections free.

I don't see ART like 'fact' exactly, but it's pretty much more sensitive than any blood tests doctors did with me.

I am also like Scott, today I would now trust my life with ART.

Everytime I left my practioner's office, I felt like she had X-rayed me from inside, everything got sooo clear.

I'm pretty sure, like Gigi, without it, I would be still another lyme patient turning in circles.

I agree that pathogens change rather fast (for me in a matter of days, usually), they go to backstage, others turn to frontstage, and so on, until the opera one day finishes.

Bartonella and borrelia for me were the most difficult to go, they kept returning.

The use of the Polarization filter in ART is something AMAZING(it came with understanding of Quantum physics and the biophoton theory of Popp).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never used ART but I get the feeling that it is real BUT it requires a very specific skill.

It seems that there are many practicing it and don't really have the "skill".

Just my opinion - this is one area I don't know a lot about.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone really explain ART in layman terms for me? I still don't quite understand. Do they put a vial of the substance in your hand and your arm decides if it's good or not? Does it pass through an electronic wand? I'm still totally clueless about ART.

Sorry guys,
Limebrained CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know anything about ART, nor did I claim to.

I was just talking about the muscle testing that was asked about in the first post.

Forgive me if I mislead anyone.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al369
Member # 15113

Hi Clarissa [hi] ,

I tried to send you a private message, but your box was full. I only included part of the post I intended to send you.

You are absoluately right about the angst regarding controversy. Sigh. Having said that, I do not doubt our LLMD--believe me. [Wink]

I just wanted to get some feedback about the muscle testing because I had never come across it before and it seemed so odd.

ART sounds great, but as you stated our LLMD doesnt not practice ART, he only employs muscle testing. Regarding the test:

My arms didn't just plop down. They just couldn't stay up when pressure was applied. They were pushed down essentially and then when the antibiotics were introduced I could hold it up and he told me he was applying double the pressure.

He didn't tell me what he was putting in my hands when he introduced the antibiotics.

I know he combines everything for diagnosis. I didn't include the doctor's initial in the post because I don't want to dissuade people from going to him if they are skeptical of muscle testing. I think he is excellent. [bow]

I am someone that is openminded. I am in the middle of a Reiki Mastership, do readings, and completely believe in holistic medicine.

I'll try to send you the rest of the message later today or in the week. I appreciate your input. I value your opinion.

I hope you're well. [Smile]

--------------------
Allanah

Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am unsure if ART is similar to Applied
kinesiology (AK)?

If it is I am an absolute NON beleiver

I am perhaps too cut and dry on this subject as I like to see a clinical trial and study for every therapy or practice - despite seeing it used for many many years by fellow pratitioners
this one for me did not have enough evidence, even more worringly the practitioners themselves often questioned it.

I am a total believer in many holistic and nutritional/complementary practices although this for me was too 'flowery'

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Allanah,

Thanks for your sweet note. I cleaned out my mailbox so we can continue our discussion at our leisure.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

ralph
Unregistered

Excellent explanation, GiGi.

ART is an art, IMO. And the heavy metals are a major factor also, as you mentioned. Tested a 67 year old female today with computerized assessment and found lyme and very high copper toxicity. Another practitioner had also found the high copper using another technique.

The toxicity of the environment is another major factor. Organs of excretion - liver, lungs, skin, kidneys and lymphatics can be overloaded and thus not able to to a very important job - get the junk out.

ART is a very specific way to evaluate and prioritize what to begin with first as some cases are similar and some very different. Lyme = the second great imitator, with syphillis being the first.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Hopefully my experience equates to laymans terms.

As a patient, ART was used by my dentist/doctor. He asked that I bring all my supplements.

His first test included some plastic inserts, he noted my mercury and lead levels by placing the inserts to different areas of my body. He found a lot of mercury in my kidneys and a lot of lead in my bowel and he noted it. He tested me for lyme again using the plastic inserts and found quite bit in one part of my arm. He then tested all my supplements stating how much to use of each. He gave me a kit to get a hair analysis done.

He did all the tests with an assistant.

He prescribed certain medication to detox the metals.

He hadn't created a treatment plan for me yet. Since a lot of my issues were in my mouth. Such as really invected cavitations seen both by ART and a xrays of my entire mouth / mercury fillings / root canal retreat.

From his perspective he was building a treatment plan and ART was a tool to aid in his assessment of my situation. It was also used to quickly create a treatment for the heavy metals.

I was greatly helped by having a practioner who knew how to use this tool. It also helped me with what was working and what wasn't.

--------------------
Bob

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

I noticed in the very informative link that GiGi posted that "ART is not used as a tool to diagnose disease"

May I ask why? I mean, if it can find out the "root cause" of an illness, what happens when the "root cause" is a pathogen? Finding out the root cause of symptoms is precisely diagnosing a disease or condition (ie. My throat hurts. That's a symptom. I get a Strep test, and that reveals that the root cause of my throat hurting is a Strep bacterial infection). Is there something I'm missing?

Unless I've misunderstood, it seems like that little article either 1) contradicts itself or 2) Has the now famous "alternative/complimentary" medicine line of "X is not designed to diagnose or treat any diseases", which is used in many cases to avoid liability or accusation that a treatment doesn't work. "Well, we kind of said it may not do anything when you bought it so..."

GiGi
Member # 259

To Blackstone and all who are interested:

ART is not used, for instance, to come up with a diagnosis of Lyme Disease or Parkinsons Disease or Multiple Sclerosis, or any of the other many different diseases.

ART serves to determine what messes with the normal functioning of the Autonomic Nervous System. Why are we freezing and wearing a turtleneck sweater in the middle of a heat wave in summer. Why all of a sudden can we not tolerate bright lights. Why do we have a constantly sore throat. Why does one suffer because of knee pain or back pain.

ART certainly would not work to diagnose Bell's Palsy. Bell's Palsy,which was one of my first diagnoses, has many causes. Maybe not in conventional medicine, but it certainly does when we put the name of the diagnosis aside and find out why the face all of a sudden goes numb and lopsided. In my case it happened to be Bartonella, heavy metal toxicity, and dental infections caused by root canals. Treating it as Lyme Disease certainly would not have gotten me well ever; I would probably be not be alive today if I had stuck with this first doctor and his medicines. I could see I had Bell's Palsy - but what caused it? I give you a clue - it wasn't Lyme Disease only.

My husband was diagnosed with M. Parkinsons by the best neurologists. ART determined he was a carrier of mycoplasma (one or more of the 200some different ones); he was severely lead/mercury toxic. That in conventional medicine does not make Parkinsons nor would I call this Lyme Disease. I added the Lyme infections to his already existing problems. That did not help us one bit, nor did the typical L-dopa change his condition.

However, we can determine with ART that, for instance, whether someone is deficient in a certain neurotransmitter. That is not a diagnosis of Parkinsons. Many Lyme patients are deficient in dopamine or dopamine-like substances and have some of the Parkinson-like symptoms. Many Lymies test well with ART for Mucuna which also contains a precursor of Dopamine, yet they do not have Parkinsons. ART can discover very easily if we are toxic from arsenic or any other of the toxic metals. It can determine very swiftly whether we are toxic from flame retardants, pesticides, herbicides, etc. It can determine just as quickly whether we are exposed to Electromagnetism in front of our computer, in our sleeping quarters, etc. A diagnosis of Lyme Disease certainly would not get us anywhere close to a solution to the problems. Knowing or giving it a name of a disease is miles from knowing what causes these abnormalities, many of which are involved in many of the different diseases.

ART serves to address the different toxicities, deficiencies that cause many different diseases with the right medication. Even if we do not know the exact species of a bacteria, the co-infections of Lyme, or the viral infectio, or a specific toxicity, we can determine if the body responds positively during ART testing to a certain medication or herb or homeopathic. That alone puts us way ahead of the game -- knowing which med to use to start cracking the problems; the most dominant problem at the moment is starting to be resolved. If Lyme tests positive with ART, whenever it does, (it may not reveal itself at the first office visit) , we treat Lyme by testing with ART which of the many different abx, herbals, or combinations thereof work best. Then, down the road a bit, all of a sudden a pesticide remedy may test positive with ART. That's when we start taking that med to get the pesticides out of the body.

All medicines and remedies are ART tested together to see whether they work well together. If they don't, as indicated by ART within 5 seconds, the ``misfit'' is removed and something else put in its place.

That is a step-by-step approach to treating and alleviating many severe problems - caused usually by a multitude of toxins and pathogens resulting in a dysfunctional Autonomic Nervous System. ART stands for Autonomic Response Testing. The ANS (Autonomic Nervous System) is control of our total body functions.

To put it in other words: Visual problems - which are very common: We know that depending on where the mercury is, it attracts different microbes. We know that with the visual problems, very frequently Babesia and Bartonella are involved. They have a specific affinity to the retina and to what is behind the eyes. In terms of viruses, it is Cytomegaly. We will never cure the visual problems unless the mercury toxicity is treated, because the mercury is the primary cause.

I could go on and on. If the insulin receptors, the thyroid receptors on the cell wall, all the hormone receptors on the cell get plugged with toxic materials from neurotoxins, from metals, from biotoxins, from infections, the poop and the pee of the microbes that live in us................ Which diagnosis would you give this?

I posted yesterday under the''Mercury, mercury, mercury'' thread that mercury destroys the tubulin which transports the neurotransmitters. All neuro-problems involve neurotransmitters, imbalance or lack of, whatever. Most Lyme patients have neurological problems. Should the diagnosis be Lyme Disease or Mercury Toxicity?
What do you think we should start or at least emphasize? Or address first as the root cause? We can address both together, but we would really get stuck on our journey to health if we did not address the neurotransmitter problem which originates with the mercury hindering the delivery of the neurotransmitters when and where they are needed. Mercury also inhibits the delivery of nutrients. Do you think this can be solved with antibiotics or antivirals?

In my mind, it is for certain that ART, or any of the other proven methods of energetic testing will get us much closer to a solution to our ever increasing health problems. The multi-factorial approach works. People who can afford it and who wish it, often do the lab work alongside ART, if such is available.

There is no disease with only one root cause. There are many causes and all have to be addressed. Most of you are finding that out as you keep on plugging away with abx, etc. and so are many of the good doctors who are starting to take a closer look. In 2000, when I came to this board, hardly anyone ever talked about heavy metals or viruses or parasites! The horizon is widening, thank God. ART (or other proven energetic testing) is a great stepping stone to get closer to solving our problems.

Take good care of yourselves and the ones dear to you.

P.S.
This is the understanding I gained from being treated with ART for a number of years and watching the progress of many others over the last ten years. It is simply amazing how well it works ---with patience, learning and motivation to do it right.

hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi & others,

Thank you so much for the wealth of helpful information! I am desperately looking into other options as I haven't gotten well yet with almost two years (off and on) of IV antibiotics.

My intestines have become intolerant to even IV, so I'm left in a quandry of what to do. My symptoms are largely neurological (lots of muscle twitching, etc.) I also have the extreme fatigue, headaches, back problems, joint pain, you name it).

I do spend several thousand dollars on supplements of all kinds but have no idea if anything's really helping me.

All that to say, I would like to know how to find an ART practitioner who may be able to help me. While it would be ideal to have one in my area-- I'm not averse to traveling if necessary ( I go to NYC to see my LLMD, Dr. R.).

I appreciate any advice you may have for me. [confused] Thanks so much.

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Hanginthere, if you wish, send me an e-mail and I will put my thinking hat on. [email protected]
and hang in there!

Take good care til then

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, i'm so happy you're back on the board. thank you for this wonderful description of ART and all its many benefits (i'm bookmarking it right now!).

i, too, am treating under the guidance of ART and am amazed by its accuracy, down to the tiniest detail. i only wish i could see my practitioner more often; she only travels to nyc every two or three months or so. not ideal when doing ART, as remedies and the body change much more frequently than that. but, i'll gratefully take what i can get.

hanginginthere, pm me if you'd like. my ART practitioner is amazing and, as i said, travels to nyc periodically. i worry sometimes that i'm referring too many people to her; i give her the highest recommendation to anyone who inquires and she's already one of busiest people i've ever known. but i'm sure she'll be forthright with you about her availability.

take good care.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ahve had muscle testing done before, but not by someone very experienced in it.

I would LOVE to get this done again. I am in Mass, where can I go to get this done???

Does anyone know of any practitioner that does it in the Massachusetts area??

Thanks!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi & heiwalove,

Thanks so much for your response and offer to help guide me. I really appreciate it! If it's alright, I will write on Monday. My in-laws are coming today for the weekend and I'm feeling like I have a million things to do to get ready and can't seem to get it together to do any of them! [Roll Eyes]

Thanks again!!!!!

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R Snow
Member # 15422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R Snow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends.

I am a praciticing herbalist in Maryland.

What I often tell me clients is that there are many ways of knowing and gathering information. lab tests, ART, clinical symptoms and history and less conventional, traditional methods such as pulse and tongue diagnosis.

ART is another method of gathering information and this information can be best used in combination with good sound science and traditional diagnostic techniques that help customize recommendations for the individual.

I have had clients get recommendations based solely on ART and these have sometimes missed the mark, but used in combination can be very helpful.
Thanks
Rebecca

--------------------
Rebecca Snow, MS, CNS, RH(AHG)

Posts: 6 | From Maryland | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Rebecca its great!!!!!! to see you posting here an admirer from afar. And, I hope to be seeing you very soon.

I totally agree, ART is a very useful tool. It's slight inaccuracies may come from it being a snapshot in time as to the ever changing landscape that is our bodies. Anything we do is a close approximation to what is necessary. So ART has to be used over time to get better coverage and to ultimately support the ANS to function well IMO.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: R Snow postings...

It nice that you are a practicioner, Rebecca. It's just that your posts are beginning to seem like advertisments for your services.

I found that you posted something about NT Factor & you thought it was Transfer Factor... it was completely wrong! If that's any indication of your knowledge - I would not go to you for any services...

We are all very ill here & are looking for helpful advice, info, & a shoulder to cry on in some cases. We aren't looking for practicioners to advertise themselves & their services.

Please continue to post info but do not advertise yourself as being a licensed nutritionist or whatever. This isn't a commercial place for businesses to post advertisments of their services or products.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by R Snow:
Hello friends.

I am a praciticing herbalist in Maryland.

What I often tell me clients is that there are many ways of knowing and gathering information. lab tests, ART, clinical symptoms and history and less conventional, traditional methods such as pulse and tongue diagnosis.

ART is another method of gathering information and this information can be best used in combination with good sound science and traditional diagnostic techniques that help customize recommendations for the individual.

I have had clients get recommendations based solely on ART and these have sometimes missed the mark, but used in combination can be very helpful.
Thanks
Rebecca

Welcome to LymeNet, Rebecca.

Not to worry -- if they booted everyone who's ever made a posting mistake, it'd be pretty empty around here, considering we're all lyme-headed!!
[bonk]

I looked at your other posts and don't find anything remotely suggesting that you're on here to promote yourself.

Please continue to contribute to our forum and overlook any snipe-ish comments!!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement