LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Myco, Asthma, Leaky Gut...IV abx?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Myco, Asthma, Leaky Gut...IV abx?
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, where should I start? First of all, I have been having a lot of asthma type symptoms and am going for a metacholine challenge test soon to see if it's asthma.

I also have Mycoplasma which I've recently discovered can be a cause of asthma. On top of that I'm having a lot of stomach issues and suspect Leaky Gut Syndrome which can also cause asthma type symptoms.

I'm on a break from Zithromax right now due to stomach issues but I need to be on it for my Mycoplasma which may be causing asthma but the Zith may be causing Leaky Gut which may be causing Asthma!!!!Ugh [dizzy]

So, what I want to know is, would going on IV abx save my stomach so I can successfully treat my Mycoplasma w/out breaks and hopefully avoid Leaky Gut Syndrome in the process? The Myco needs 9 mos. straight of abx but w/the stomach issues I can't do that. Help [Frown]

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are correct that mycoplasma can = asthma.

What species of mycoplasma do you have? If it is fermentans, Zithromax is not going to help.

Don't get hung up on 9 months of treatment for mycoplasma. I was treated for 36 months for it and it took about 9 months to start to see any improvement.

I know nothing about leaky gut. IV will bypass the adsorption process in your gut but most antibiotics are still systemic, so they will still get to your gut eventually.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth Erin
Member # 13866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested posetive for Mycoplasma too!! What are your symptoms??
Posts: 85 | From Staten Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your doctor will know best about the IVs but I am thinking that would be a good way around the gut.

I too have asthma, leaky gut and mycoplasmas. What healed my gut though was treatment for H. Pylori. If you have not been tested for that, you should. It is a bacteria that resides in the gut and causes peptic ulcers and even cancer.

Of course, lots of supplements like collostrum, aloe vera juice, many things with combination herbs for the gut.

But treatment for the H. Pylori gave me a jump in my healing.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only strain that I've been tested for is Mycoplasma Pneumoniae. So I have that for sure but don't know if I have any others. Quest only tests for Myco Pneumoniae.

As far as what my symptoms are, I'm really not sure which are specific to the Myco and which are Lyme but I have a lot of pain, inside and out, lots of neuro symptoms and my lungs feel tight, restricted and raw as well as my windpipe and diaphragm. I could elaborate a lot more but that's it in a nutshell.

I have an upcoming GI appt. so I will ask him to test for H. Pylori. Can that be treated in conjunction w/Lyme abx? What abx are used for H. Pylori?

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth Erin
Member # 13866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was positive through LabCorp, along with Bartonella/Erlichia. I read someplace that Mycoplasma can cause neuro symptoms. I'm puzzled by all of this myself.
Posts: 85 | From Staten Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect I have leaky gut because if I eat any food basically, I react. I also have TONS of food intolerances.

I also have mycoplasma and babesia. (And Lyme of course) I am about to start IV abx because my stomach is a huge issue for me. My LLMD decided that the orals aren't being absorbed properly through my GI tract.

So, I will start IV soon. I don't know if this helps at all...

Posts: 215 | From Student | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jocus20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have myco as well. You may want to start taking digestive enzymes if you suspect leaky gut.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jocus20

also check out my videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocus20

Posts: 248 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement