LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HELP!!!!! root canal issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!!!! root canal issue
kgaTX
Member # 15314

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kgaTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, all, I need your advice.

I had a root canal in 2003 and haven't had any

serious dental work since then.

Over the weekend, the upper left side of my

teeth and gums became so inflammed and painful

that I couldn't even sleep for both nights. I

went to the dentist and then an oral surgeon

first thing this morning and it was an abcess

coming from the space above the root canal work.

They said it most likely came from infection in

my sinuses or something like that and b/c I am

immunocompromised the root canal probably never

was able to heal correctly.

So, because my immune system is still so low and

it is so infected, they have to remove the tooth

tomorrow. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

I am very upset and was wondering if any of you

have had anything like this happen to you with

Lyme. Also, any last minute advice would be

appreciated.

Posts: 46 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I'm very sorry to hear this!! The bad root canal is probably one reason you are so ill right now... not vice versa, in my opinion.

When you begin feeling better, do some research on root canals! They can be a big source of infection.

Hope you will be feeling much better in a few days!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one link:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=055453

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kg, be glad to get it out - it's probably the best thing you can do. There is no more toxic toxin than that coming from a root canal. You will be able to get well much more quickly without it. Many root canals fail, sooner or later. The dentist who puts it in rarely finds it out because the problems that often follow root canals are rarely or never associated with the root canal. People get sick and often it starts with a root canal.

Please read my posts - about teeth, root, canals, thioether, mercaptans - and cavitations. Be sure that the dentist doing it knows what a cavitation is and what he has to do to clean it out if the infection has gone that far.

I am alive and well without Lyme Disease today mainly because I had all my root canals removed
and cleaned up my body from mercury and heavy metals and mercaptans.

Good luck and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgaTX
Member # 15314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgaTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone! I know it's for the best that I'm

losing the tooth, it is just hard at a young age

to come to terms with losing something that was

supposed to last a lifetime.

I have one other root canal and other fillings,

but I am not sure if they are amalgrams...how

would I know? Do I need to get rid of these too?

I have always known that my Lyme and co infections

caused massive dental issues. One time before I

was dx with LD, in the three months between my

teeth cleaning I had developed ***19*** cavities.

I take really great care of my teeth, so at that

point I KNEW something had to be going on with my

body.

I really appreciate all of your advice! Thanks for

the support guys!

Posts: 46 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "hives" also known as EM's started immediately after having a bad root canal done. I had severe tooth pain but no sign of an infected tooth but the dentist insisted on the root canal.

After it was done I still had severe pain and it was determined he did the wrong tooth so the one next to it was root canaled also.

To this day I still have pain in those teeth and the gums swell terribly bad from time to time and I had the root canals done in 1995.

Thanks for the links.

Posts: 261 | From NW Pa ~ Crawford County | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgaTX
Member # 15314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgaTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
kgaTX
Member # 15314

well, I got the root canal extracted today.

It had been in there since 2003, and they said the infection had caused me to lose all of the bone up to my sinus cavities. They cleaned and scraped it all out. Hopefully they did it the right way. They say it should grow back, but we'll see.

I have never been in so much pain in my entire life after the procedure. I don't hink they knw they were going to have to go so deep, so I started to feel it when they got to the end.

Usually I feel like you have a grace period of a few hours where your mouth is still numb, but it started throbbing when I got into the car and moved on to unbearable pain by the time I got home.

I have some good meds in me so now the pain is under control, thank God. Hoepfully I will see some improvements now that I have this big infection and the toxins out of my body!

Any suggestions for recovery??

Also, when I go in for a check up I am going to ask them to x-ray the other root canal to see if I need to take it out too. What do y'all think?

silvermoon
Member # 15072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silvermoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been diagnosed with Lyme yet waiting for my test results...however I had a root canal go bad about a year ago. They did something called apicoectomy (I think I spelled that right)
They cut through my gum above the tooth and went in through the bone cleaned out the infection and closed it up. I had novocane and the pain wasn't too bad. It wasn't fun...but so far I still have the tooth. I was on abx and Advil for about a week after.

Posts: 32 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kga,

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=040941

Do a search here on TOPAS testing. This is being done in the dentist office. Little stick of paper stuck between your tooth to collect a bit of saliva (only after the tooth has been agitated a little). It tells within minutes if the tooth is failing already. Then you have the answer.

I have heard of a great dentist in Texas - I believe he is in the Fort Worth area. He is very knowledgable and does great work.

I have seen a patient who spent years in the wheelchair - getting out and walking normally after the last root canal had been removed from her mouth. I know the dentist and I know the lady.

Root canals as they are done today are not helping to stay well, much less getting well.

The x-ray often does not indicate whether a cavitation is already forming and most dentists are not able to identify them even if they are already a problem.

Get some advice from a dentist who knows the dangers. Certainly the one that still does root canals is not aware of the problems they cause.

Good luck and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement