LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » rocephin and my CHEERIOS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rocephin and my CHEERIOS
NElyme
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NElyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before starting my IV rocephin soon,I was researching the interacting drugs and products to avoid.
It mentioned calcium products.So that means no more cheerios for breakfast?
Please say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

Posts: 27 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Cheerios for lunch? Or without milk?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's other products besides cow's milk you can put in your cheerios.

Soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, etc. All of which are yummy. I like rice milk especially for my cereal.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Many of the alternate "milks" have a sweet rice syrup added. I find that to be very distasteful, actually . . . and for us we would not want that added simple sugar.

You might want to be sure your product has no added sugar. Stevia might be a good sweetener. I like the liquid, Stevia Clear as it no aftertaste like some powders. It comes in flavors, but I prefer the plain.

Also . . . some soy milks have added calcium and Vitamin D. I don't know about the rice or almond milks as far as that.

Be sure to look at the labels.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NElyme
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NElyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks ALL for the suggestions,,anything else to avoid with rocephin,as far as food goes?
Posts: 27 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would ask the doctor. "calcium products" might mean supplements. I don't think you have to avoid all FOODS with calcium in it. that would be unhealthy.

also, all those alternative milks contain calcium as well. so does broccoli. I really don't think you are supposed to avoid all the foods with calcium, ask your doctor.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrpotto
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrpotto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did IV Rocephin and did not give up milk. I somehow survived.......

Might not be ideal but being able to keep a few things that bring enjoyment to you might outweigh the small negative impact dairy products might have on your treatment outcome.

--------------------
dx in Dec 2003
tested 2x positive for bart
Lightly Chelating
3 weeks off abx and 1 week on:

10 day course a month: Plaq/Ceftin/Rifampin/Biaxin with Tindamax on last two days

Posts: 187 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat my cheerios with unsweetened soy milk (hard to find) and stevia. My LLMD has told me to stop eating them because they are high in carbs, but I just can't stomach having eggs for breakfast. I want my cheerios!

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would be better off without Cherrios anyway!!!

If you HAVE to, do as hurtingramma says... UNsweetened soy milk and stevia... Though I'm NOT a fan of soy.

Yeast is in your future if not your present with the Cheerios!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My body objects to Cheerios because of the modified corn and wheat starches. I'm severely allergic (or intolerent) to corn, wheat and soy
products.

The average person would be shocked at how many places corn is hidden. It's even in table salt!

http://www.cornallergens.com/list/corn-allergen-list.php

Posts: 192 | From Dwight, IL USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Not necessarily. Some of us can't handle low carb. My body needs carbs and I get sick feeling with a low carb diet.

I avoid most simple carbs (sugar, white flour, etc.), but freely eat other carbs including Ezekiel Bread, potatoes, etc. I even eat pizza, etc. when the family has it, though I generally eat a healthy diet, and I always include protein to avoid blood sugar swings.

I've never had a problem with yeast.

Everyone is different.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Not necessarily. Some of us can't handle low carb. My body needs carbs and I get sick feeling with a low carb diet.

I avoid most simple carbs (sugar, white flour, etc.), but freely eat other carbs including Ezekiel Bread, potatoes, etc. I even eat pizza, etc. when the family has it, though I generally eat a healthy diet, and I always include protein to avoid blood sugar swings.

I've never had a problem with yeast.

Everyone is different.

Agree!

I am a vegetarian so I eat tons of carbs and am in great shape and in fact...when I went veg and then vegan I got into the best shape of my life....till this Lyme.

However...I don't eat junk food....NO refined foods and rarely ny flour other than some brown rice flower, etc.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat tons of carbs since I am a vegetarian and in fact it wasn't till I started loading up on the whole grains, brown rice, etc and cut the meat that I finally got really lean.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement