LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » **BYRON's lyme protocol**

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: **BYRON's lyme protocol**
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of you know I have left Dr. C and his protocol's that just weren't working.

I have switched to Dr. R's Lyme and Chronic Illness clinic in Kansas City.
I have started IV abx and the first one is Vancomycin 1,000mg 2x's a day.
I am also on glutathione 3x's a week, antioxidants everyday and IV heparin everyday.

I get treatment everyday of the week including the weekends.

My diagnoses are:

Borellia
Bartonella
Mycoplasma
Several viruses (staph, strep, mono, ect.)
Vasculitus
Low Immune Function
Some slight adrenal problems

So far I have been in treatment for 9 days and I am really having a hard time with the herxing. It is like a herx hell. But besides that, since I have been here I have watched 4 different patients walk out of here and move on with their lives...

I know I will get well just like all the other patients have before me, it will just take some time to get there. These first couple weeks are going to be really hard on me perhaps the whole first month....

I will keep this thread as my thread to update with my progress and to answer questions send me a PM....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to you Byron. BTW, what is vasculitis?

Wishing you well,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Byron.

I hope this treatment really works for you.

Hang is there through the herxes..I know it's tough but you can do it.

kit [group hug]

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Vasculitus is restriced blood flow to the brain.
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, I think of you often and have wondered how you were doing.

Man oh man, you have a load of infections. Please, please keep us posted.

My daughter was making great progress on minocycline alone, but in the last couple of months, she is starting to decline.
Seems like Babesia symptoms are coming back.

So, I'll be watching you. Keep up the fight.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best to you Byron! Keep us posted. I hope that you are soon rid of that nasty headache and nausea!

Feelfit [group hug]

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

can't wait to be well....
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Byron,

Did you have a SPECT to show the vasculitis? If so, did the stuff injected work out okay ?

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in the Vancomycin...why not Rocephin? What does the Vanco hit? what else are you taking?

Good for you for switching LLMDs...sometimes that is necessary. They all treat differently.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Vancomycin kills borrelia and bartonella. It is also more potent and is a newer drug.

Rocheprin is an old-school drug than is know to cause alot of side-effects when taken for a long time.

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:
-

Byron,

Did you have a SPECT to show the vasculitis? If so, did the stuff injected work out okay ?

-

Yes, everything went smooth as glass.

A Spect Scan is a very helpful test, especially when the radiologist is lyme and bart. litterate like mine was.

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron,

You KNOW i wish all the best for you!!

When they cut my IV's off(insurance) they gave me a couple days of vonco,,,never felt better before or since,,It quickly returned with vengeneance.

Looking back maybe the vanco was beating the bart down. Didnt realize I had it then.

Course 2 doses sure dont make a treatment to rid of it.

It is regarded as abx of last resort,,,my RN daughters said it should be saved for life threatening circumstances,,,guess they dont realize how close to dead I feel!!

Its a great drug,,,go for it,,hope it works as well for it as for ME!!(tho too short for lasting effect)

Maybe ask for some rifampin or levaquin after your done with it so the bart is knocked down and out!!

I think ALL people discount the probablity of bart all too much,,and treating it FIRST is imperative!! I learn too late ,too little!!remaining --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron,

It's so good to hear you sounding so hopeful! I know that in the past, things have looked much darker. We are all pulling for you!

Did you get your SPECT scan at the clinic where you're getting treatment? Our new LLMD has recommended that my husband get a SPECT scan, so I'm starting to research where to go.

Hang in there, and looking forward to hearing more about how things are going.

Viva

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would someone pm me with Dr. R name and contact number. Thanks. Hiker53

P.S. I'm praying for you Byron as I do for all members of Lymenet.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker.. I think I have it. I'll PM you.

Byron... Let's hope this works!! Keep an eye on the yeast beast, OK?!

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by viva:
Byron,

It's so good to hear you sounding so hopeful! I know that in the past, things have looked much darker. We are all pulling for you!

Did you get your SPECT scan at the clinic where you're getting treatment? Our new LLMD has recommended that my husband get a SPECT scan, so I'm starting to research where to go.

Hang in there, and looking forward to hearing more about how things are going.

Viva

I got my SPECT scan at a near by hospital to her clinic that Dr. R likes to use and she likes to use a special radiologists just for her patients spect scans...
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Hiker.. I think I have it. I'll PM you.

Byron... Let's hope this works!! Keep an eye on the yeast beast, OK?!

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!! [Cool]

I've got the yeast problem well undercontrol. My recent yeast test showed no yeast in the body...

**to let everyone know, 2 women have gone/are going home this week** They are moving on with their lives...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Byron!! That's awesome!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I was quite surprised about the yeast level, and also my heavy metals test were really low. The only thing I have a small amount in me is the big

Uranium!

The U.S. goverment has to take control of these kinds of things. When my Dr. decides to chelate it. It has to go in the hands of the U.S. government.

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron, I have been wondering how you were doing with the new doc. I'm so happy for you. Let's hope this treatment gives you some relief.

Keep us posted!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any clues where the uranium came from??

Does that make you glow in the dark??

How do they test THAT???

Is that a water bourne thing,or soil contact item?? is it LIKE radon where naturally occuring gas??

How do they chelate THAT one??wonders --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Boomerang:
Byron, I have been wondering how you were doing with the new doc. I'm so happy for you. Let's hope this treatment gives you some relief.

Keep us posted!

Will Do.
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard great things about this LLMD as well...Hope she helps you turn the corner...Good Luck!
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Bugg:
I've heard great things about this LLMD as well...Hope she helps you turn the corner...Good Luck!

4 more patients are going home this coming week.... 4 more lymies with their lives back, they are having a party this friday but I think I will be too ill to go. I'm happy for them.

[ 21. May 2008, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: ByronSBell 2007 ]

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are things going for you, Byron?
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great you're able to have aggressive treatment.

How long did it take for those patients you mentioned to reach treatment end point?

How is the clinic set-up? Is your home near the clinic? Are you staying at a motel?

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Things are very rough still boomerang, I am in a non-stop herx that is pretty bad

(Severe headache, nausea, full body muscle and joint pain, fatigue, eye/ear pain, and insomnia.

Those patients that left the clinc where here for anywhere between 4-6 months and are now on orals for 6 months or so to prevent relapse. They will return at that time to do all new blood testing and see if the diseases are gone.

I have to rent an apartment 15minutes away from the clinic, you go twice a day, everyday of the week. I am in there with about 20-30 other chronically ill lyme paitents.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I personally wouldn't rely on testing to tell me if I have yeast. Really wouldn't!

Just make sure you eat right. You may get by with doing that and taking good probiotics, which I'm sure you are doing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is impressive....a chronic Lyme clinic! Are all the patients Lymies or are there other illnesses there as well?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

The clinic covers all chronic illnesses.

Lyme
bart
babs
myco
erlicho.
strep
mono
hv6
hormones
circulation
diet
detox
ect.....

Thats why this places success rates soar above the average llmd.

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron- I hope and pray that you get better!!!! How did you find the clinic and where is it?

I have been sick for one year and still searching for the correct way to treat this awful illness...

Can you post this info. when you are feeling up to it?????

I would go to the end of the earth to feel better.

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron-I just re-read your first post and see you are in Kansas City.

I hope you are doing okay with the Herxing. Good for you for taking charge of your illness.

I feel like each LLMD has a piece of the puzzle but not enough to make us better.

LAurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
byron,

I am saying a prayer for you that you see light at the end of the tunnel . ( I wish I could get the treatment uou are getting ! )

LYMETUTU , is on the mark and I hope you take probiotics religiously ( good probiotics ) or the gut suffering ( PAIN!) can literally blindside you out of nowhere . Also , the good bacteria enhances your immune system's attack on your enemies and will make a difference in progressing .

Blesssings to you byron!

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new to all this but your treatment plan sounds incredible, as well as the clinic.

Best of luck to you. I hope one of the farewell parties they have there will be for you soon!

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could do this....

does vanco work on cysts???

you said it does cross bbb???

less side effects???

so whats the catch, LOL!!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by cjnelson:
Wish I could do this....

does vanco work on cysts???
No.
you said it does cross bbb???
Yes.
less side effects???
At the beginning it can cause itchy skin and flushing but with a litte benadryl and a few days on it, it will go away

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So based on research it does not penetrate the intestinal wall in oral tx so it has to be IV - is there IM yet? Do you think it will ever be?

--------------------

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Thanks for the update, Byron. So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time right now. Hopefully you will start feeling some improvement soon.

Sounds like a terrible herx you are having.

Keep us posted!

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron,

Great to hear such a comprehensive approach. What diagnostics does this clinic use to diagnose, and more importantly EVALUATE the progress of treatment?

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

I found vancy in IM form!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!! It is expensive but they do have it....

Byron, what is the proposed regimine plan for you?

How long on vancy at this dosage and then waht???

Also on glu something or another, LOL, will research that one...but what does that heparin do for you??

--------------------

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Too many questions to answer at this time, I feel like a hunk of crap from the severe herxing. Maybe later

Alot of the questions can't be answered until the end of my treatment. There is no set regime, it will change as needed.

[ 02. June 2008, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: ByronSBell 2007 ]

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Byron- Thinking of you and knowing what it feels like to feel like a hunk of crap....

Hoping you will see the light soon....

Laurie

Lymetoo
Member # 743

cj.. Do a search here on heparin. Its benefits have been discussed a thousand times + one.

MomfromTX is right on her info.

Byron.. feel better!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

yes, came across same info on pill form - it does not pentrate intestinal wall!

but I did find IM form!! So it is not just IV!!!

Lymetoo...

thanks, did last eve...interesting!!

--------------------

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope you feel better soon byron . and that your going home party isnt too far off. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WillBDone
Member # 14269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WillBDone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would like to hear an update Byron. I have a friend inquiring about the clinic you have been using so I went digging up old threads. I hope you have experienced some kind of improvement by now...

Be Well-

--------------------
"You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile."

C. S. Lewis

Posts: 36 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah!! Where in the world IS Byron?!

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron posted a humorous post as recent as 12/19, so he is still around and feeling good enough to make jokes.

Come on Byron! Give us an update on your treatment and the clinic.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ton Mc
Member # 52653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ton Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have switched to Dr. R's Lyme and Chronic Illness clinic in Kansas City.

Hello, Byron. Wondering if you can provide an update - specifically with the KC doctor and your treatment of vasculitis. We are trying to find a doctor in the Midwest. I'm not sure who you are referencing. My teen daughter also has vasculitis and we can't find anyone to help. Have you had success in the vasculitis treatment? (She has Lyme and RMSF, but only symptom is vasculitis)

--------------------
Ton Mc

Posts: 11 | From IA | Registered: Oct 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kansas City doctor that Byron saw, Dr. Carol Ryser lost her physician's license. I believe she is recently deceased.

They got her on tax evasion, but she was a huge fraud and ripped off thousands of her patients.

I went to see her and could tell right away she was terrible. I saw her in September and she told me she would call me on Christmas Eve with my test results.

I threatened her with a lawyer and lo and behold I had my test results in October.

I do know that she used bromelian as part of her protocol but she wanted all treatment to be done at her clinic and wouldn't explain the rest of the treatment to me because I couldn't move to Kansas City as I had a job and was working.

She would not share her treatment plan with my regular LLMD--Dr. C in Missouri as she didn't want to lose patients or money.

Byron, I believe, was kicked off Lymenet for abusing the rules. He was not well at all when I saw him at the clinic when I went to see the Dr.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

So who is at this KC clinic?

Ton Mc .. I would head over to Dr C's in MO.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement