LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Minnesota placed on Lyme disease alert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Minnesota placed on Lyme disease alert
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minnesota placed on Lyme disease alert
(from the Minnesota Medical Association)

MINNEAPOLIS, May 19, 2008 -- The Minnesota Department of Health has issued public cautions and alerts against Lyme disease.

May and June are peak months for Lyme disease in Minnesota. The MDH especially cautioned the people visiting or living in the deep woods of northern and central Minnesota.

The number of tick-borne diseases in Minnesota reached record numbers last year, including two people who died of infections . There were 1,239 reported cases of Lyme disease last year that exceeded the record of 1,023 cases set in 2004.

Bites from black-legged ticks, also called deer ticks caused 322 cases of human anaplasmosis and 24 cases of babesiosis.

http://www.mmaonline.net

for more info see:
http://www.health.state.mn.us/news/pressrel/ticks051608.html

[ 21. May 2008, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Looking ]

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Looking,

It's wonderful they alerted their citizens. I'm from Minnesota, originally. This news ought to fly in Wisconsin. At the least, you'd think so!

daise [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And only about 3 doctors in the state who can help these

people... [cussing] [cussing] [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bsigel
Member # 11810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsigel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now all we need to do is get Tick Alerts for all the other states in the country!!

More lyme doctors and Pallone to sign that bill!!

Posts: 41 | From Warfordsburg,PA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deer ticks are thick on my new building site in Northern MN. If anyone is there for a while they are likely to pick at least one off of them.
Once the excavating is done, there should be less of them in the immediate area.

Found one stuck on me this morning. After seeing how hard it is to get rid of Lyme once it is established from my wifes infection, I am treating it as a carrier tick.

Took a 15 drop dose of MMS this morning even though I do not like taking it on an empty stomach. I will be using it for a few weeks straight to make sure I get any bacteria it may have.

Rife machine also is going to get fired up.

I won't bother seeing a doctor about it. By the time they decide what to do it will be too late. Been down that road before.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live within 10 miles of Minnesota, but most doctors here in South Dakota still say we don't have Lyme here.

What a bunch of idiots!! Do they think the ticks stop at the state line???

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally!! They've had their heads buried in the sand a long time. Mayo has helped with that!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy,
Didnt you know they have a wire,,, like a hidden dog fence,,, around your state of SD and the ticks get zapped if they TRY to cross the state line??

Maybe they have to take off there Minnesota issued teeny weeny Nike running shoes IF they cross over the line??

Havent you seen those No tresspassing signs, no admittance signs that are all along the border,,,they are about a 1/4 " high so the ticks can READ them!!!

Here they are FINNALLY waking up to having them,articles in papers from one writer every year about this time,reenforcing the issue in PRINT!!!

Along the Missouri(big muddy) river seems to be especially thick!!

Ask your vet if he has dx lyme in dogs?? then ask your doc how many lyme patients he has dx,,,one will say a 'few' other will say,"It doesnt happen here" now ask them why dogs get it and people cant??

Just wondering--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tgallup
Member # 15500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tgallup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adamm---there may be another doc to add to the list in MN. Not a LLMD, but treating very similar to Dr. B's recommendations!! Not ready to give out his name...want to get his permission first!!
Posts: 10 | From MN | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm SO glad that some of the states have started bringnig awareness to states that people seem to think they are "safe" in.

In the second link posted though, they tell you to go to a doctor if you have symptoms, even if you never saw a tick. You DO know that this "doctor" is going to tell them, don't you????

And around and around in circles we go. [Frown] But yes, GOOD to see that the awareness levels may be rising. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiawatha922
Member # 10796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hiawatha922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please let me know if anyone from Minnesota is interested in GiGi's post on treating Lyme with infrared. I'm wondering if we could explore strategies for accessing this treatment.
Posts: 83 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement