LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » C Diff Probs again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: C Diff Probs again
Windmill
Member # 15404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Windmill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

i was treating C Diff recently with Flagyl and it worked really well stomachwise but i had to stop after 5 days because of an horrific herx (terrible pain nausea the lot) i havent started back on it yet and ive noticed small signs that the C Diff may not be 100% gone. no diarrhea or bad stomach pain but just small rumblings and some mild gassy pain. i think i need to do more flagyl but im not sure i can do a full week at a time, to be honest im scared after the herx last week. i was just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? can i pulse flagyl for C Diff? my stomach s so much better than before i treated the c diff with flagyl i had very bad diarrhea/pain etc then but now only very mild signs that its still there. do you think i need to do a whole week or would a few days do to kill it off?
thanks so much appreciate any advice on this one!!

Posts: 45 | From PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Windmill
Member # 15404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Windmill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help Please! [Smile] ))
Posts: 45 | From PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I don't have personal experience with C Diff, thankfully, and I know herx from Flagyl can be hellish as I do have experience with that and only managed two 'rounds' of THREE days each time before giving up and the third time I got a red lacy "rash" all over......so no more.

But, if you are not allergic, and it is "just" a herx, I would have thought that the benfit vs. risk of treating with Flagyl for C Diff is considerable. I mean C Diff can be much more serious than pretty much any herx.

In any case, I'm not a doc and that is just my guess. I would call your doc if I were you.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Windmill
Member # 15404

Thanks DLL,
I think u are right and Ive started taking the flagyl again today after some bad cramps this morning, I ve got a siege mentality right now, im going food shopping and stocking up and getting audiobooks from the library and generally preparing for possible bad pain. im going to try and do 10 days worth to really knock the C Diff out.
It is good to know that it is helping with the lyme too so it will be worth it i think,
thanks again:)

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch for yeast too. I get gurlgly in my stomach when my yeast is bad.

I take one flagyl a week to prevent c.diff.

However, when I was taking it as a cyst buster, I pulsed it for three days a week.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Windmill
Member # 15404

thanks Geneal,
I think thats a great idea for future reference to pulse the flagyl to keep the c diff away. im on day 2 of flagyl now and so far only mild pain and no need for painkillers, i figure every good day is a bonus, just want to make it to at least 10 days, if all was going great would do 2 weeks.
i keep getting stomach pain in the morning usually an hour or two after breakfast when my stomach is a bit empty but sometimes if the nausea/cramp comes on and i eat very fast it stops it. its very strange and i dont know if its c diff or yeast. got to treat both i guess, poor ole GI tract;)

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.cdiffsupport.com

click on discuss

You need vancomhycin 250-500 mg 4x per day and for atleast 6 weeks plus 4 caps of Florastor daily...for months and NO other antibiotics!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement