LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is everything/everyone falling apart or is it just me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is everything/everyone falling apart or is it just me?
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know no one can really answer these questions, I am not really asking anyone in particular, just throwing some ideas out there.

does it seem like more and more people are chronically sick? Is everything falling apart in this world, I look at politics, the economy, natural disasters. the way katrina was handled. the gas prices. the way insurance companies dont want to pay for anything anymore (not just health, but auto, home, all insurance)

it seems like no one cares anymore about anything. I feel like when i go to the dr, I am just another statistic, everyone is sick and the dr is powerless and that might be why I am dying and he cant do anything to stop it. (not my LLMD, but the reg dr) like he cannot even save himself or his own children, what do I want him to do?

is life going on as usual around me, or is everything collapsing? is it just because of 8 years of Bush? it feels to me like the ship is sinking and everyone is just out to fend for themselves and make as much money as they can before it goes under.

is it the fall of the american empire, or is it the whole world?

or has it always been like this, and I was just oblivious to it?

or is my disease clouding my perception, and things are not as bad as I see it?

I worry that I should not be living normally anymore, I should be preparing for some major world disaster, hoarding away food and supplies, not sending my son off to college and buying new cars.

and I feel like there is more wrong than just lyme, that there are many other infections, many other vectors, and everyone is sick or a carrier, and it is just a matter of time.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While at times it does seem that we live in a "doomsday" environement,

I can honestly say as a Survivor of Katrina, that good will and compassion are still alive.

Total strangers helped out my family and others.

Their generosity and ability to help their fellow man surpasses anything (besides Lymenet)

That I have ever seen. Total strangers wanted to hug you.

Pray with you, give you clothes, food, a place to live.

The fact that our government (local and federal) made a debacle of the worst natural disaster

To hit the US somehow doesn't suprise me. [shake]

They had aid to the Tsunami affected folks within two days. Thank God for that.

I think that we are more sensitive to negative factors due to our experiences/struggles.

I also think that Lyme kind of sets us up for a feeling of hopelessness.

I have hope. I was given hope when I had very little left.

Sending some hope your way. [Smile]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree. I actually just finished watching the film "Too hot not to handle" on the global warming issue and they stated how infectious exotic new diseases-ones that humans have never before experienced are going to be coming out more and more and people will be infected. It really baffles me how noone is taking global warming seriously. After all it is the reason for all the natural disasters going on in the world. In the past 4 months 105 people have died of tornados alone.

I feel like a lot of things in this world are falling apart and even more a lot of people are getting ill. Politics are at the worst, and the economy is going downhill. Plus with the gas prices being so high noones going to be going out which is going to further bring down the economy.

Theres a lot of messed up things going on in the world today and I dont think it has always been like this-even though being sick does make me think more about the "bad things" in life, it def was not this bad 10 years ago.

Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This trend of destruction will keep progressing because it was ordained perfectly by a perfect man.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason things appear to be falling apart is because that is what we focus on when we're ill. We're home a lot, we watch TV and the news. It's all negativity primarily.

Lyme causes depression biologically, and we also experience it as a result of the illness defining our lives.

We lose loved ones, money, houses, jobs -- so things seem like they're bad all around.

The world isn't ultimately going to hell, but certainly their are difficulties and natural disasters and political issues. There have always been these things. Some things are getting worse, and some things are getting better.

It's all a matter of perspective and what we want to see, as well as what we think about.

There are many really exciting and positive things happening, a lot of constructive things happening too.

I don't pretend to see what isn't really there, but I do understand that principle and I try to surround myself with the things that will cause me to experience joy, peace, recovery or whatever I'm aiming for, and I minimize the negativity by not exposing myself to that.

I don't run from it, but I simply recognize there are things I can control and change, and others I can't -- so I follow that principle.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, with people as violently pessimistic as they are, this is the perfect time to consider investing in the stock market. This is the time when I get in and do my research to find the best of the best companies at discounts

When the majority of people are euphoric and excited about making money and the market is incredibly strong is when I start packing my bags to gradually get out and move my money into other accounts.

Within the next 12 months, we'll see a turn around financially in the U.S. and a gradual improvement which will make a lot of people a lot of money. Money can make health care issues easier to face, and can make life a lot easier.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i absolutely think our world is falling apart - or, more accurately, we're destroying it and ourselves - and my being ill has very little to do with that belief. i've always been highly empathic and attuned to the suffering of others. and many of my friends who are physically/emotionally healthy are also deeply troubled by the current state of things.

my only hope is that with destruction and catastrophe comes the opportunity for rebirth, for new life, new growth.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

nope, it's not just you. The world is going in the toilet.
As humans evolve, we are more and more destructive.
As far as virus/bacterias go, I believe mother nature needs to balance out the population so there are plagues that hit every once and a while.
Humans may be extinct due to viruses and bacteria.....Or we'll kill ourselves first.

Best way to not worry about it, is to not think about it, we have no control over evolution.

ralph
Unregistered

I feel so many are sick due to the poor highly chemicalized food supply. Also so many are on drugs (which are sometimes needed) and those stress the heck out of our body.

If your liver cannot and / or does not work well then there is no way one can be healthy. The drugs and fake food greatly stress the liver.

I will recommend another book from Dr. Jack Tips. It is called "The Healing Triad" now. For years the title was "Your Liver...Your Lifeline."

Poor health also greatly leads to poor brain function, including depression and more.

Here in the US the focus is the money game. Apparently it is not the same in other parts of the world.

I was recently told that by a Polish woman - she has lived in a number of different places in Europe and she said family is primary there, not money.

And the heavy pollution in the US is allowed by the government that is trying to "protect us" by limiting access to vitamins.

I would advise if possible to try to associate only with people that are mostly positive.

tailz
Unregistered

It's not just you. Even the honeybees and bats are dying now, so something is definitely up. Three words...

CELL PHONE TOWERS.

Nobody can respond to the electromagnetic and radiowave signals from the universe anymore because it's way too noisy here on earth.

emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roro, I agree with you, it does seem like there is more chronic illnesses now than ever before and not just in humans but in other wildlife. Such as the bat and honeybee examples given above.

It seems to me that a combination of environmental toxins such as heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, GMO food crops, etc..

Combined with mineral deficiencies have seemingly taken a toll on the human and other wildlife's immune system allowing us to all be more vulnerable to infections and chronic illnesse.

A good example is the bat. A new fungus has been discover to be the cause of the White-nose Syndrome in bats.

And this White-nose fungus is possibly contributing to a massive die-off of the bat population.

And people are urged not to handle bats. Because you may come in contact with this new fungus. Luckily for me I don't handle bats. Who does handle bats by the way?

White-nose fungus and bat die-off link:

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?s=7797818

Whatever happened to the days when the only white "stuff" on your nose came from eating a powdered doughnut.

Come to think of it, that powdered doughnut wouldn't be healthy for us to eat either. It sure would be taste though. [lick]

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel this way also...and I certanily hope this is not the next plague [Eek!]

I do also see how much chronic illness is taking over. SO MANY people are sick...WHY??? And there is always NO etiology, or no cure....why is that? Where are all theses illnesses coming from?

I am starting to think about conspiricies...I know crazy....I am not religious but maybe the bible does have an answer for us...if we read it the right way.

Natural selection....hmmm, maybe more like Man Made selection?.....I dont know but I know I think about this stuff all the time.

Why are we here, how did we get here, and why when and while we are here are we not able to enjoy our time becaue of all this crap and suffering.

Sometimes I feel like someone is playing a bad joke on me.....SO RoRo you are not alone in feeling that the world is a mess and so hard to understand....sometimes I wonder if I am really even here.

I wish there was something that could help us all.

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, metallic blue, I am not at all offended or attacking, you, but I must post something in answer to your post.

I AM NOT DEPRESSED!!!!!!!

this is the second time I have posted and you have insinuated that I suffer from depression. I assure you I DO NOT. I cannot stress that loud enough. You can ask any of my family, friends, co-workers. I am unusually upbeat, and that is nothing short of amazing considering all that I have been through.

That is not to say that I do not get sad from time to time. Death of a loved one, other grieving processes. That is situational depression, and I do not believe in medicating for that. I am 44 years old, and I have experienced a lot in life.

I am a very emotionally healthy and balanced person. I do not believe it is healthy or natural to medicate someone in order to stop them from crying over something that it is normal to feel sad over.

Now if someone continues to feel sad for weeks on end, and there is no reason, then maybe then they need to medicate. But i believe in going through the natural grieving process and acceptance. ACCEPTANCE IS KEY.

If you want to discuss any further my personal mental health status, please do it in PM, not on this thread. I do not want this thread to get off-base.

If you are just the type of person who blames everything on depression (like tailz blames everything on cell phone towers) then I am sorry I took it personally, and thanks for posting. [Smile]

as far as the bats go. from the article you posted
"scientists aren't sure if the fungus is the actual cause of death. Several laboratories are now analyzing bat carcasses to try to figure that out."
so the jury is still out as to whether the fungus is causing them to die. the fungus may be a secondary infection (like we get yeast) or they might be starving to death.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 14 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roro,in regards to the link that I posted about the bats, I agree with you 100%. Scientists are not sure what is actually causing the bat die off.

And I also agree that the white-nose fungus may just be a secondary infection due to more primary contributing factors such as starvation, toxins or something else.

And I am not sure when we will have a definite answer as to why the bats are dieing.

They don't seem to be providing a definitive reason as to why the honeybees are declining. Many different theories though.

In the long run it may be found that the bat and honeybee die-off has many contributing factors.

And all of those factors may be occurring at the same time resulting in their death and decline. Whatever the reason, its sad to see this occur. [Frown]

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for narrowpath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my humble but researched and much pondered opionion, yes, the world is going to hell in a hand basket. And it is all spelled out as to why it is doing so, and how it will do so, in the greatest book ever written. The most published book ever written. The book that has prophesied the future with 100% accuracy time and time again. It all makes perfect sense to me. If you're interested, try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNS_e5yJJU

and there's lots more here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMfqP-nrUU

and here:

http://www.thewaythetruth.com/

If you're not interested, don't be offended, just ignore what I'm saying. Everyone has an opinion!

God bless. And feel better soon - no matter what ails you - Lyme or a sickness of the spirit...

Posts: 43 | From Chicago | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

the bats getting the yeast could be secondary to another infection too, possibly lyme or some other bacterial infection.

narrowpath, religious leaders have been saying for many years that the apocalypse is coming, even when things were not so bad.

as far as the "depression" I guess I set myself up for that one by saying that maybe my illness was clouding my perception. what I meant by that, is maybe there have always been this many chronically ill people, but I just never paid attention to it because I was not ill, so I ignored it.

I am very sensitive to anyone implying that I may be depressed because of the worry that I may someday need longterm disabilty, and my private insurance tried to get out of paying it for more than two years by using the depression clause.

amanda66
Member # 15613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amanda66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whenever i am having an awful day or feeling like the worst may happen, sometimes i sit back and remember a quote i read in a book...i believe it was maya angelou? and it went something like this...

"if you hope for the best, but are prepared for the worst, then anything in between wont come as a suprise."

sit back and think to yourself seriously...what if the world really is ending?

what would you really do differently? would you go out more? stay in more? be with family more?

i think the key is that no matter what, we all need to just enjoy what we have and live each day to the fullest.

dont regret. take chances. you cant die if you never really lived right?

i have made some stupid mistakes in my life but the only things i ever regreted were the things i didnt try.

you need to find something that makes you happy even when you feel horrible. something to look forward to when you wake up.

i have had some bad days, weeks, months, years.... but there is always another day to make a difference in the world.

who knows...someone may read your post and know they are not alone and without even knowing, you made a difference in their life.

I know because I am one of those people that have felt a little less isolated because of what you wrote...

hang in there. we are all in this together, trying to get through another day, and being glad we have other people to b*tch to [Smile]

Posts: 8 | From new york | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

quote:
Originally posted by narrowpath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNS_e5yJJU

this one has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. it is about the bibla as proof of christianity. nothing to do with revelations, or the apocolypse
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMfqP-nrUU

this one also has nothing to do with the topic. it is about christianity
quote:

and here:

http://www.thewaythetruth.com/

this one has nothing to do with the topic either. did you send me the wrong links?
this guy in the videos is not only annoying but his logic is flawed
quote:

no matter what ails you - Lyme or a sickness of the spirit...

what the $^*((&%$$ is that supposed to mean???? It sounds like you are saying we really don't have lyme, but somethign wrong with our spirituality? I do take offense to that
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
narrowpath, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but i don't believe roro's point has anything at all to do with christianity.

if we tell ourselves this is the 'natural' course of things, that we've been doomed from the start because the bible says so, isn't that equivalent to throwing up our hands and giving up entirely? i believe we've created this mess ourselves -- through pollution, destruction of our natural resources, genetic engineering, war, slavery, the list goes on and on. thus, if we truly dedicate our lives to it, we also have the power to begin turning the tide of destruction around.

also, on the topic of religion, christianity is the newest major religion in the world. it's still in its infancy, relatively speaking, so it's difficult for me to believe that christianity or the bible has all the answers.

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

I understand that narrowpath was saying that the state of the world is because revelations and the apocalypse is near, but those links have nothign to do with revelations or the apocalypse
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teresambear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greed. This is what is destroying the world. The drug companies for example, want to keep people sick. No more mom and pop drug stores they are massive and on every corner. Most politicians are self serving. I do believe there are much more good people out there and is my hope.
Posts: 115 | From warwick, new york | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
First off, metallic blue, I am not at all offended or attacking, you, but I must post something in answer to your post.

I AM NOT DEPRESSED!!!!!!!

I never said you were.

quote:

this is the second time I have posted and you have insinuated that I suffer from depression. I assure you I DO NOT.

I never said you did, and certainly I wouldn't know since I'm not a doctor nor have I followed your posts. I've responded to posts you've made where I've talked about depression but I wasn't talking about you.

quote:

I cannot stress that loud enough. You can ask any of my family, friends, co-workers. I am unusually upbeat, and that is nothing short of amazing considering all that I have been through.

It seems you're quite passionate on this topic as a lot of Lyme patients are. You don't have to prove yourself, you're here on Lymenet, we all have walked the "You're crazy, you're just depressed, it's all in your head road." I hope you recognize that.

quote:

That is not to say that I do not get sad from time to time. Death of a loved one, other grieving processes. That is situational depression, and I do not believe in medicating for that. I am 44 years old, and I have experienced a lot in life.

Of course.

quote:

I am a very emotionally healthy and balanced person. I do not believe it is healthy or natural to medicate someone in order to stop them from crying over something that it is normal to feel sad over.

I'm sure you are, and I agree.

quote:

Now if someone continues to feel sad for weeks on end, and there is no reason, then maybe then they need to medicate. But i believe in going through the natural grieving process and acceptance. ACCEPTANCE IS KEY.

I agree, unfortunately Lyme Disease has been proven as a result of Brain SPECT, neuro-psychiatric testing, and our understanding of neurological vasculitis and encephalopathy to cause depression, cognitive memory problems, retrieval, "brain fog" confusion, nightmares, abnormal vision, abnormal temperature regulation, insomnia, as well as impaired blood pressure regulation, obessive compulsive behavior, rage, suicidal idealization, and more.

The fact is, you say you don't have depression, and that's fine if you don't have those symptoms but many Lyme patients have it as a direct result of neurological dysfunction of the brain.

quote:

If you want to discuss any further my personal mental health status, please do it in PM, not on this thread. I do not want this thread to get off-base.

I have no interest in your mental health, I was merely responding generally to the thread about Lyme patients in general.

quote:

If you are just the type of person who blames everything on depression (like tailz blames everything on cell phone towers) then I am sorry I took it personally, and thanks for posting. [Smile]

I think you've overreacted, and while I'm not offended, I think you need to understand my post had nothing to do with you personally or your mental status. Nor have any of my other posts that I recall (If I have told you that you were depressed, which would be incredibly absurd of me, then I apologize, but since my memory isn't that good, I'll go with the assumption that I wouldn't say that, since I'm not a doctor or trained therapist).

--------------------

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
It's not just you. Even the honeybees and bats are dying now, so something is definitely up. Three words...

CELL PHONE TOWERS.

Nobody can respond to the electromagnetic and radiowave signals from the universe anymore because it's way too noisy here on earth.

The lyme disease clinic I am apart of is located 3.5 miles from the sprint corporation and the city is loaded with sprint cell phone towers.

I have witness 6 different lyme patients within 2 weeks of being here get well. Some of them were using walkers, some couldn't even talk. There blood tests are normal now, they are symptom free. They can go live about an ordinary life.

The cellphone tower theory needs some help.

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:

as far as the "depression" I guess I set myself up for that one by saying that maybe my illness was clouding my perception. what I meant by that, is maybe there have always been this many chronically ill people, but I just never paid attention to it because I was not ill, so I ignored it.

No one here said you were depressed that I've seen. I really think you're reacting as a result of what doctors and others have told you prior to or during your diagnosis.

quote:

I am very sensitive to anyone implying that I may be depressed because of the worry that I may someday need longterm disabilty, and my private insurance tried to get out of paying it for more than two years by using the depression clause.

I would agree, you're very sensitive, and many of us are. The whole "Psychiatric problems" thing has hung over many of our heads even when the types of problems we were having were being placed in a box that nothing was biologically wrong with us, that if we just got our head straight we'd be healthy and ok. That's simply not true, you know it, I know it -- everyone here knows that our problems were real. We have an infection. But, we also have an infection that really dose cause problems systemically through the body.

Some of us have significant abnormalties of the joints, some have severe digestive disease, or heart disease. And then there are people like me, who have very severe psychiatric problems -- even though I'm as sound, sensible and a lover of life than most people you'd ever meet. The fact is, Lyme attacked my mind and digestive track more than other parts. Do I have depression? Oh yes yes yes I do! Is it something caused by the way I think? Not at all. I'm a positive and optimistic person but when the depression or suicidal thoughts come, I recognize them, I know they aren't me, I know the illnesses is "causing" them in me.

It's not personal anymore. I know who I am, and I know who this disease "makes me be" -- they're two different people who ultimately share "one" responsibility. It's unfair, but it is what it is.

What does this have to do with this thread? Well -- the world sometimes seems very dark and awful when I'm affected by the psychiatric problems, as well as other people who I've talked to. Perfectly healthy people say it's going to hell too, and some who are perfectly ill say it's not!

So, in the end you'll hopefully let me off the hook here and realize the truth I'm speaking, and the kindness and compassion and empathy I have for you and this sensitivity you've demonstrated. I know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

[ 26. May 2008, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: METALLlC BLUE ]

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

One last thing. You'll find this amusing, it's a joke to laugh at. Don't be so arrogant as to assume I'm always talking about you when responding to your posts. Unless you're a hot blonde with unbelievable legs and abs, you can be assured you're not on my mind and that I'm probably not going to talk to you unless I have to. Hehe

Hope this makes you feel better. *hugs*

P.S. If you are a hot blonde, PM me your number. *wink wink*.

--------------------

Peacesoul
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
Unless you're a hot blonde with unbelievable legs and abs,

Ohhhhhhhhh so you were talking about me then?..haha!
Cept I'm a hot red head. Good enough?

By the way, this thread is depressing.
Why the hell does everyone jump the gyn at this site.
Just chill people, this is the internet and we are all sick.
By the way, I suffer horrible depression. I'm not sure if it's from lyme. It's the chicken or the egg theory to me.
When I'm not on abx and when I'm working out, depression is not even a factor.
But who the heck knows, lyme is the mystery illness

roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
Unless you're a hot blonde with unbelievable legs and abs, you can be assured you're not on my mind and that I'm probably not going to talk to you unless I have to. Hehe

Hope this makes you feel better. *hugs*

LOL

well, I am a hot brunette. and you shoudl know that because I know you from myspace, but I guess you don't remember me, so maybe I am not as HOT as I think.

I looked back at some of the other posts, and you are right, you are not talking to me personally about depression. but you do talk about depression a lot and I understand now why.

its how tailz talks a lot about cell phone towers and I talk a lot about pain meds

anytime anyone talks about pain here, I bring up the pain medicine issue. and its only because I went for 8 months in pain before I realized that there is a kind of specialist called a pain specialist, and that is who you are supposed to go to to get pain control. asking any other doctors to treat pain (rheumys, neuro's, primary care, etc) is like trying to get someone other than a LLMD to treat lyme.

I just don't want others to have to suffer like I did, and so many people suffer in pain without the proper pain meds. so you probably feel the same way about depression, that many people go untreated and want people to know about it

roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

teresa i agree with you that greed is destroying our world. our capitalist economy is based on greed.

but it always has been, and we never had problems liek this before. people were greedy and wanted to make money, but they had some principles about what they woudl and would not do. and they cared about our country so as not to destroy it

insurance companies were ethical and went out of their way to cover things (like the state farm commercials used to advertise

now it seems like no one cares about america, and are willinng to move their companies out of the country to make money

insurance companies have no morals, no one has any limits on what they will do to make a buck, as long as its not illegal. and some dont care about that even.

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my internet up and running - been down all wknd and was starting to have serious lymenet withdrawals~ [Smile]

Anyways, for me lyme causes severe depression - as a symptom - not as a result of my illness.

I have always been a very optimistic, level headed individual so it's very hard to deal with the depression when it hits - I understand what metallic is saying.

I know it certainly feels like the whole world is going to hell in a handbasket when lyme is affecting my brain!

But I do agree wholeheartedly with Geneal. There is kindness everywhere.

I believe if you focus and look for negativity you'll certainly find it. Same goes for kindness and positivity - it's all around you...you just have to look.

I make a conscious effort every day to think positive thoughts, surround myself with positive people and to LAUGH!

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

America is in serious decline..between the war and the economic problems, we are slipping downward. Lots of people have a sense of that;
it's at the base of Obama's popularity. He promses change and restoration of hope.
The world is running out of the capacity to feed all its people. That's reasonably horrific.
Children in Haiti have only mud cookies to eat. Drives me nuts.
On the other hand, improvements to human life
are everywhere. In countries like China and
India, the standard of living is rising dramatically.
Or as Charles Dickens put it "It is the best of times, it is the worst of times."

w0tm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for w0tm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blaming politics (Bush) may make you feel better but talk to others in socialized medicine countries about having Lyme and Lyme type illnesses. It's a triage system. Socialized medicine is just rationing no matter who pays for it. $100,000 to chase after a "sticking Jello to a wall" illness like Lyme with the patient being 50 or spend the same money on 1,000 18 year-olds who all have quick to diagnose and easy to fix medical problems.

I'll stick with what we have. If I lived in Canada and had Lyme as I do I'd just be on a list to be seen ten years after I'm dead. Living here I'm spending my retirement money on health care but I'm getting well. As soon as I do get well I'll be out of money. I'll move to Canada to retire and let others support me! Gotta practice saying "eh?" and understand curling to fit in.

Posts: 133 | From Shawnee, KS | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

I really have a tough time understanding what depression has to do with the world (or maybe just america) going downhill.

I can look at the problems in the world without getting depressed about them. On the other hand, I am not going to just hide my head in the sand and not think about the problems in the world because of fear of being depressed.

I guess because I am older and have been through a lot in my life. when i was younger I did not think about the world, I didn't even watch the news. i just wanted to have fun, and the news was a downer.

now that I have a son who is an adult and going off to college, i think of his future and my grandchildren.

I really hope Obama can do something about it

narrowpath
Member # 15086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for narrowpath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!! Chill out to those of you who took offense to my opinion! I have Lyme too dammit. If you want I'll recount the whole story - ah, no thanks. And I ALWAYS welcome others advice/opionions. Wow.....
Posts: 43 | From Chicago | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Oh, and by the way, the bible and Christianity has EVERYTHING to do with the topic, but I'm not going to debate apologetics with you. Its not worth it. Again, I was just offering my own opinion. I take GREAT offense you your condesending reponse and lack of respect.
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think this has to do with depression. I'm not sure what exactly it is. I heard a lady on the radio who is a psychic & spiritual teacher.

Her name is Barbara Handclow. I'm always a little skeptical about this sort of stuff.

Anyway, in the very beginning of the year she said 2008 will be a year when everyone should just stay in the house with the shades drawn.

I thought this was kind of weird & I didn't understand it but I think she's right...

She also said 2009 would be a better year.

Ever since the beginning of the year a bunch of traumatic stuff has happened to me. I hear about things happening to people I know, as well.

We all just have to hang on & get through it. Try not to stress too much if you're going through stuff. It's even harder for us since we have to deal with illness on top of everything.

Things change & you never know what tomorrow will bring. I think it's important to try to be positive & keep things in perspective.

PS - If you're really bummed out - make some popcorn & watch Monty Python or some other silly movie...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by w0tm:
Blaming politics (Bush) may make you feel better but talk to others in socialized medicine countries about having Lyme and Lyme type illnesses. It's a triage system. Socialized medicine is just rationing no matter who pays for it. $100,000 to chase after a "sticking Jello to a wall" illness like Lyme with the patient being 50 or spend the same money on 1,000 18 year-olds who all have quick to diagnose and easy to fix medical problems.

I'll stick with what we have. If I lived in Canada and had Lyme as I do I'd just be on a list to be seen ten years after I'm dead. Living here I'm spending my retirement money on health care but I'm getting well. As soon as I do get well I'll be out of money. I'll move to Canada to retire and let others support me! Gotta practice saying "eh?" and understand curling to fit in.

I giggle when I read how uninformed Americans rate our health care system
I'm very grateful to live in a country where I can get health care at a drop of a hat. I wait less than a week to see my Rheum or any other dr.
There are no longer waits than in the US. All my drugs are paid for and no one in canada has to sell their house to pay medical bills. Nor do we have to keep a job we hate because of health insurance.

I have lyme and Im being treated here

Funny eh!

roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

quote:
Oh, and by the way, the bible and Christianity has EVERYTHING to do with the topic, but I'm not going to debate apologetics with you. Its not worth it. Again, I was just offering my own opinion. I take GREAT offense you your condesending reponse and lack of respect.

i dont know if this was directed at me, but I went and watched all of the links you posted. they were very interesting (although his logic is flawed) and I am christian, I have nothing against you personally

what I meant when I said they have nothing to do with the topic is that they were not at all about the apocalypse or revelations. I posted about the natural dissasters, the economy, the corruption. tI expected a video with scripture about what is going on in the world today and how it relates to the bible, and revelations.

I just thought maybe you sent me the wrong links

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have wondered the same exact thing.

I have even wondered if we have been "biologically" attacked with so many sick people.

LD was like 3rd on the government list of fears of bio-warfare. I wonder if it has happened and no one is talking. Makes one wonder, especially when our own President ended up w/LD too. [confused]

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

lymebytes, i am wondering the same thing. there are so many chronically sick people, and no one is doing anything about it, a few of the doctors act like they know exactly what is wrong, but not telling.
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Of course it was directed at you.

I'd post some more links, but I still think its of no use. You call yourself a Christian and attacked me like that?

Interesting. THAT is what is wrong with the world. People (sinners) talking to each other and treating each other like that.

heiwalove
Member # 6467

oh my goodness.

i don't have any words.

--------------------

roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

quote:
Of course it was directed at you.

I'd post some more links, but I still think its of no use. You call yourself a Christian and attacked me like that?

Interesting. THAT is what is wrong with the world. People (sinners) talking to each other and treating each other like that.

I really don't know why you are getting so offended. did you go back and watch those videos that you posted the links to? they are about the bible being proof of christianity. it talks about things that happened thousands of years ago, not what is going on now. it is about jesus being born, crucified, and rising from the dead. also talks about noah, the flood, and other things that happened thousands of years ago.

there are plenty of scripture passages that talk about revelations, the apocalypse, and how the bible predicted all of what is going on in this world TODAY. i hear preachers talking about it all the time.

narrowpath
Member # 15086

The tone of my post was humble, and an attempt at trying to be helpful to someone who sounded quite frustrated.

The tone of your response was condescending, combative and used #@#$#@@ marks.

Nothing else further needs to be said.

Greatcod
Unregistered

I think what is difficult to deal with is that if Darwin is right, Jesus, Moses and Muhammad are descended from chimpanzees.
Drs. Steere and Wormser certainly are, as I am.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we're descended from chimpanzees, why are there still chimpanzees around? What happened?? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement