LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » survive without sleep?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: survive without sleep?
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was wondering if any of you knew how long a person can survive without any sleep, and what the long term effects are of sleeping only 2 or 3 hours at the most everyday for a very long period of time. the longer i sleep the worse the sweats and chills are and i just feel even worse and worse so the less i sleep the better i am which is crazy, i mean i feel terrible without sleep but even worse with sleep! any input would be appreciated, thanks
Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had severe insomnia just like you. At one point I was on 8 xanax and 2 ambien that allowed 45 minutes of sleep. Keep taking your abx it took 6 months to sleep a full 6 hours. Now I sleep fine unless I am herxing then it is just restless. I still get up too early sometimes but it is much better.
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to have a Spect Scan done immediatly.

You are most likely not getting good blood flow to your brain and it is causeing this.

Let me guess:

Your hands and feet are cold....
You have brain fog....
Poor Concentration....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the symptoms of sleep deprivation is anxiety and paranoia.

If you are feeling a pervasive sense of dread, and feeling sure that people are out to get you, hang in there. It's just the sleep loss.

I'd do a hormone saliva test. Some Lymies can't sleep because their cortisol levels are too high at night.

I hope you are able to get this managed soon!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Are you sure you're not electrosensitive, too? My insomnia is also related to area cell phone masts.

www.antennasearch.com

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
Are you sure you're not electrosensitive, too? My insomnia is also related to area cell phone masts.

www.antennasearch.com

I guess you will never sleep again.... [bonk]
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes yes yes! i have a terrible sense of dread,

terible 24hr anxiety, bad brain fog, poor

concentration, cold hands and feet, but these

things get even worse the longer i sleep! i think

i could sleep longer but i do not on purpose

because i just get more chills and sweats which

makes me much more worse in many ways, so if i

have to choose, i am better off with less sleep!

even just an hour of sleep brings on terrible

sweats and shivering and shaking. so how do i let

myself sleep longer and not get even more chills

and sweats? no way right? and does anyone know what the long term effects are of sleeping so so little? thanks for all your replies
Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Hi Radha,

I hear you! [hi]

Just to be thorough, here is some information--not on the questions you asked--but on being able to sleep that I copied from another post.

Yes, as another poster wrote, our cortisol levels very much affect our sleep--whether they are high or low. I know from experience! You might search this site for the many adrenal / cortisol threads.

Maybe if you are able to get 4th stage healing sleep, it will help. Just because we sleep, that doesn't mean it's deep in the 4th stage:

I take Fatigued To Fantastic Revitalizing Sleep Formula, by Enzymatic Therapy. It helps put a person into 4th stage healing sleep.

If you try it, you need to try a dose for 4 nights and on the 4th morning, if you feel better in the morning, that's your dose. It needs to be taken consistently.

Shop around for the best price. It comes in 90 count.

In herx I take Source Naturals Melatonin liquid sublungual (1 mL )or spray sublingual (1/2 a spray) to help put me to sleep. The pills don't work. I gave it up for awhile, due to the expense of so many supplements, but found I really do need it.

Lymetoo has information about extended release melatonin, also by Source Naturals. Search this site.

I just began taking 300 mg of vitamin B1 and yes, that makes a difference. That helps me to let go.

Because I have light that comes in through the window at night, I also made a black headband to go around my eyes. I bought black ribbing.

I sleep in a cool room in jammies that are lose.

I get to go to sleep with whalesong! And ocean waves hitting the beach. Jungle sounds. Thunderstorms! Crickets in the grass near a stream. And more.

I bought CD's, but I also download these off the Internet (i.e. Limewire) and that gives me the advantage of continuous play all night.

Insomnia meds discussion:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=066272

quote:

[Frown] Radha wrote:

i was wondering if any of you knew how long a person can survive without any sleep, and what the long term effects are of sleeping only 2 or 3 hours at the most everyday for a very long period of time.

the longer i sleep the worse the sweats and chills are and i just feel even worse and worse so the less i sleep the better i am which is crazy, i mean i feel terrible without sleep but even worse with sleep! any input would be appreciated, thanks

Nightsweats / chills:
Possibly babesia (babesiosis; babs)

Daise [Smile]

daise
Unregistered

Hi Byron,

quote:
Byron wrote:
You need to have a Spect Scan done immediatly.

You are most likely not getting good blood flow to your brain and it is causeing this.

Let me guess:

Your hands and feet are cold....
You have brain fog....
Poor Concentration....

Can you direct me to more about spect scans and blood flow, please? Thank you.

daise [Smile]

Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Daise and all of you, thanks so much for your

suggestions, but you dont understand what i am

asking, i am purposely staying awake to avoid

getting such severe sweats and chills which make

me feel even more sicker and weaker in many ways

and give me even more heart palpitations and so

much other stuff, so i what i want to know is how

little sleep a person can suvive on and how to sleep without getting the chills and sweats every time i sleep! i could sleep more if i let myself, but that means even more fever! thanks again for replying

sonicbmx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicbmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Radha.. i was also sleeping for 2-3 hrs, waking up all the time, restless, etc.

i fought long & hard to get a sleep study on the road to Lyme Dx.

the reality is you have an illness and its causing your mind and body to function incorrectly.

you most likely developed a sleep disorder (OSA.. obstructive sleep disorder). i have OSA and use CPAP since Jul07.

i'm not a typical CPAP user.. i'm a lean, 38 YO athlete (5'-10", 165 lbs). i have Borrelia (Neuro) & Babesia (Microti & Ducani).

i stop breathing 20x per hr and my SaO2 is 83% (but not with CPAP). all of this is caused by TBI's.

lame ducks will resist exams and offer pills. antidepressants and sleep aids are not the answer.. just temporary solutions.

they will eventually quit working and/or make matters worse.

i suggest you have a sleep study and get a Brain SPECT.

your symptoms will improve when you start treating the cause instead of the problem.

best..
--
sonicbmx

--------------------
"The hell with Drs.. we have each other!"
My story began here:

http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=16210
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7833
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=6873

Posts: 127 | From Van Nuys, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement