LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Unexplainable Rage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unexplainable Rage?
Pixie
Member # 6977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering is anyone gets unexplainable rage. Or just gets completely emotional out of the blue. I'm pretty sure for me it's the Bartonella, but why?
Posts: 15 | From New York, New York | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so common -and BARTONELLA sent it to a higher level -when mixed with lyme.

[ 01. June 2008, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Alv ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I had that. It's a rather annoying symptom.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a whole thread about people's rage and mean feelings during Lyme/Bart herxes:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=066669

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A common psychiatric manifestation of chronic Lyme Disease.

I have it.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

I always take my pistol out and cap off a few rounds to help with the anger [Razz]
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I struggle with this too! I know that I'm just miserable to be around sometimes!

For me it feels like a ping-pong ball bouncing around in my brain, if that makes any sense.

One minute I can be cool, calm and collected and then one tiny thing can just set me off.

Then I'll scream, rant, rave, sometimes throw things - all of this usually followed by bawling my eyes out.

Then when it's over, I'm like, "What in the hell is wrong with me?!"

Then I deal with feelings of shame and embarrassment because I know I've made an a@# out of myself and feel awful for treating the ones I love so badly.

And it is the ones I love - they always get the brunt of my crazy moods.

Luckily the ones closest to me are very understanding and forgiving - they just call me Loony Lauren sometimes, LOL!

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1rosepedal
Member # 15653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1rosepedal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this to. I was beginning to wonder why I was acting so hormonal all the time.

I'm fine one minute, then everything and everyone gets on my last nerve the next minute.

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone with this one.

My son thinks I've been abducted by aliens because I'm just not myself lately. [loco]

So nice to have such a great support group.

Posts: 18 | From Mount Airy Maryland | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So easy for hormones to be blamed when it

concerns a female patient

or for age to be blamed when the patient is a

teenager.

I have never heard of anyone say "Bartonella

rage" but I blame this co infection just as much

as lyme disease.

So glad my family is understanding.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This feeling completely went away for me when I was on Cipro, and now that I am off one week, I feel like throwing things.
Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I experience it still. I had it yesterday. I no longer apologize for it when other people are affected by it. I'm tired of taking responsibility for something "I" didn't do. I'm sorry it happens to "me" and sorry that other people are affected by it -- I'm sorry in the way you say sorry at a funeral. You don't apologize because "You" killed the person they love, but you apologize because they're experiencing a loss or pain.

I'm sick of apologizing. I do everything in my power to protect others from being affected. I isolate myself. It gets worse obviously while on treatment. With the proper antibiotics, like Levaquin perhaps, it'll disappear, but I don't know.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine has been skyrocketing lately....due to Cipro/Zithro/Rifampin.....and, something called Thieves Oil from Young Living....it seems to open up the blood stream when I take it in pill form.....major herxing

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatColorGreen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThatColorGreen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I named it my bursts of 'Hulk Rage'. [cussing]

then i usually go through a cycle of annoying emotions

from extreme rage, to simple anger, to being annoyed, to feeling bad and then get depressed.

My poor boyfriend puts up with me so well. I am very lucky to have the kind of support he gives me.

But yea, Lyme Rage = watch out!!

Don't make us lymees mad!! [rant] [shake]

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
...trying to be the coffee bean, not the egg.

Posts: 420 | From East Coast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

sounds like the bart!

my husband has been instructed to pretty much lock me in the bedroom when this happens to me!

i'm mean and nasty and he totally bears the brunt - it was happening about every 28 days, but no connection to my menstrual cycle.

poor guy- usually falls asleep on the other side of the door 'cuz he wants to stay close for my safety but doesn't want to risk his own!!

i turn hopeless and scary suicidal - sob and shake and cry myself to sleep.

He says I become possessed, it's not me. even my eyes look different, my face is tight, etc. NOT the woman he married.

i think it's getting better though too, it seemed much worse the first year of treatment.

and i was on prozac, and it didn't even take the edge off these episodes...
hopefully you have some good support people around you...

and you do have us!

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Toby that sounds like me, what happens to you. It's disturbing when you consider yourself an extremely kind, rational, and patient person!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement