LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HGH and night sweats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HGH and night sweats
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can a deficiency in hgh cause night sweats?

Just wondering.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbites
Member # 15647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbites     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I think but I don't know for sure. I get night sweats too and all day I feel like I'm having bursts of sweats, and not knowing exactly where they come from. Do you have the sweats during the day off and on too? [confused]
Posts: 11 | From tickland | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia can cause night sweats as well as day sweats and also chills.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know, if the night sweats can cause chronic dehydration???

I don't have them all the time or really bad.I suspect the moisture from them is evaporated when I am luckey enough to sleep all night.

I didn't know I was having them until two nights ago,I woke up, cause it felt like I had water on my chest, and there was.

Does Bart cause this too?
Thanks.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babesiamom
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night sweats can definitely be caused by babesia... and the person who said you can get them during the day as well was correct. And yes, bartonella can cause this too... though not the first symptom I'd put on that list.
Depending on your age (and I'm not being nosy), if you have Babs and are peri-menopausal, it is the kiss of death. Lyme and the co-infections lower your hormones anyway, so if you don't have enough progesterone (which helps you sleep) and your estrogen is doing the wave (it pulses all through the day and night, which is also what makes us CRANKY)... but is LOWEST between 2 and 4 a.m. So those of you waking up sweating and going to the bathroom then... now you know why. It is not uncommon for lymies to go through menopause early... so please do not take offense. I know many of you will say I'M TOO YOUNG! I'm only in my 30's or early 40's ..... WRONG. Menopause takes about 10 years and 80+ % are fully done by age 51.
An excellent book on the topic if you are interested is
Natural hormone replacement by J.W. - can get on amazon.com used pretty cheap. or What your doctor may not tell you about perimenopause or menopause ... all excellent reads.
I have studied with the top anti-aging doctors and if you only read one book, pick one of them. The rest are not quite right and will have you on synthetic hormones... which REALLY don't mix with lyme.

If anyone has not read "the Diagnosis and Treatment of Babesia" and are having those sweats and other symptoms... I'd suggest giving it a whirl. Also available on amazon.com

And just so none of you get mad at me... I had ALL of the lovely symptoms - and went through menopause very early - in my 40's and now do natural hormone replacement and am a MUCH nicer person for it.

hope that answers your question!
babesiamom

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Menopause isn't normal, according to this study.

Female mammals produce egg cells into adulthood

An underlying principle of female reproductive biology appears to have been overturned by a new study. The investigators report that female mice retain the ability to make new egg cells well into adulthood.

It has been believed that most female mammals are born with a finite supply of these cells, called oocytes, that are lost at a steady rate until the supply is exhausted, leading to menopause in women. From Massachusetts General Hospital: MGH study finds female mammals produce egg cells into adulthood

Finding refutes doctrine of a finite supply of eggs, may have broad fertility implications
An underlying principle of female reproductive biology appears to have been overturned by a report from researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).

In an article in the March 11, 2004 issue of Nature, the investigators report that female mice retain the ability to make new egg cells well into adulthood.

It has been believed that most female mammals are born with a finite supply of these cells, called oocytes, that are lost at a steady rate until the supply is exhausted, leading to menopause in women.

"If these findings hold up in humans, all theories about the aging of the female reproductive system will have to be revisited," says Jonathan Tilly, PhD, of the Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology at MGH, the paper's lead author.

"We also may need to revisit the mechanisms underlying such environmental effects on fertility as smoking, chemotherapy and radiation.

Eventually this could lead to totally new approaches to combating infertility in cancer patients and others." Tilly is an associate professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School.

For several years Tilly's group has been studying the mechanisms behind the death of oocytes and follicles, the tiny sacs in which the eggs grow. In both mice and humans, the vast majority of oocytes are destined to die through a process called programmed cell death or apoptosis, the body's natural way of eliminating unneeded or damaged cells.

The team's earlier research confirmed that oocytes destroyed by chemotherapy drugs or radiation also die through apoptosis, opening the possibility of designing ways to stop ovarian damage in female cancer patients and perhaps to postpone normal ovarian failure.

However, to provide an essential context to their efforts to inhibit oocyte apoptosis, the researchers decided to measure the numbers of healthy and dying follicles in mouse ovaries through the animals' lifespan...

Article continued...

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/2436

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am almost in complete remission, but I do still have lingering night sweats.

So far, all my babs and bart tests have come back negative and I have no other symptoms besides feeling hot and sticky at night. The weird thing is that it always happens around 2 am, so I was thinking hormones.

As for my age, I am 33 with a good tsh, fsh and estrogen level. My only deficiency is is hgh, so I was thinking that may be the culprit.

Does anybody else sweat only at night and only at certain time? Weird..huh?

Thanks

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement