LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can you sleep in same bed w/spouse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you sleep in same bed w/spouse?
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was brought up in another thread, someone mentioned since having Lyme they can't sleep with their spouse in the same bed.

I know another woman with Lyme who also said she doesn't sleep w/her husband. She has too much pain and literally will toss and turn and even end up with her head at the foot of the bed and fall asleep.

Pain I would assume is the issue...I don't want anyone touching me or near me, I hurt so bad sometimes and many times just want to be totally alone.

I was surprised to hear these stories because my husband and I (both with LD) have 2 beds in our room - there is no way the pain I am in I could sleep in the same bed with him and I think he feels the same way. We love our own beds, can stretch out kick and move all night without disturbing the other.

This is 3 couples....anyone else find it impossible since having LD to sleep with spouse?

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband moves in the middle of the night. It's not the pain for us, it's the insomnia. When I was in pain, I used to like to sleep next to him, I felt better if he held me.

Now I just can't sleep .... we both end up being awake all night if he doesn't move when I wake up about 3AM-5AM. We have a couch in our bedroom that he moves to. He can sleep anywhere, LOL.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm still sleeping with mikey. well it's not really sleeping. he's asleep in 5 minues and i lay there awake all night because of the insomnia wide awake.

some nights i will get more than a couple of hours, but not often.

and when he start snoring, i end up on the couch anyway....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Personally, I think very few normal people get good sleep next to each other. Snoring is the number one problem, then tossing and turning, temperature differences. It's no one's fault, but it can become a fight.

Even some "normal" couples have taken to separate beds for the business of sleep itself. They report feeling better and therefore, the relationship is better.

I recall as a young bride (decades ago) being shocked - just SHOCKED - that I was expected to put up with a thundering, jolting loudspeaker every night. Ear plugs did not help.

Sadly, my marriage did not endure. However, my health may not have failed so miserably had I taking to another room to get the sleep I needed. While that never occurred to me then, it sure would now.

Cuddling, cavorting is one thing; sleep is another - and it's serious business. It's nice if they can exist in the same space. If not, there are ways to make it work.

-

[ 02. June 2008, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to sleep with my head elevated so I sleep on the couch. I also have pain and some nights I'm up and down all night and I don't want to disturb his sleep.

He sleeps with me on the couch (we bought a really long couch) but at some point he usually gets up and goes to bed. We even bought a really nice mattress in the hopes that I could sleep in bed with him but I cannot get my head to be comfortable with my sleep apena mask. It leaks unless my head is elevated.

It sucks because I miss sleeping with him and I know he wants me to sleep in the same bed with him.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i have to say that mike said no way, unless it's a divorce, are we sleeping apart.

but it does make me furious some nights when he's asleep in less than 10 minutes and i'm up all night.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

This topic is on many minds.

http://tinyurl.com/6jopj7

From The New York Times (home: www.nytimes.com )

TO HAVE, HOLD AND CHERISH, UNTIL BEDTIME
By TRACIE ROZHON - Published: March 11, 2007

excerpts:

Not since the Victorian age of starched sheets and starchy manners, builders and architects say, have there been so many orders for separate bedrooms. Or separate sleeping nooks. Or his-and-her wings.

In interviews, couples and sociologists say that often it has nothing to do with sex. More likely, it has to do with snoring. Or with children crying. Or with getting up and heading for the gym at 5:30 in the morning. Or with sending e-mail messages until well after midnight.

. . . What could be called the home-sleeping-alone syndrome is not limited to the wealthy. For middle-income homeowners, it may be a matter of moving into a spare bedroom, the recreation room or the den.

In St. Louis, Lana Pepper, a light sleeper who battled for years with her husband's nocturnal restlessness, reconfigured the condominium they bought recently, adding walls to create separate bedrooms.

. . . his snoring, so she bought a white noise machine; she even went to a shooting range to buy ``a pair of those big ear guards they wear.'' They did not suit her.

. . . Mrs. Pepper said the advantage to separate rooms was obvious: ``My husband is still alive. I would have killed him.''

. . . ``The builder knows, the architect knows, the cabinet maker knows, but it's not something they like to advertise because right away people will think something is wrong'' with the marriage.

. . . Ted Pepper's room, lined with a bank of windows that open onto a rooftop terrace, has none of the sleeping paraphernalia -- the sound machine, the sleeping mask -- found in his wife's room. The only evidence of his sleep habits is the twisted knot of sheets and blankets on his bed.

``Now, there's a demonstration,'' said Mr. Pepper, 67, gesturing toward the swirl of bedding and chuckling. ``She'd wake up if I moved even a little.''

The Peppers agree: separate bedrooms have added spice to their relationship. ``It's more exciting,'' Mrs. Pepper said, ``when you can say: `Your room or mine?' ''

- Full article at link above.

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to even admit it!!!!

Except for occasionally... like when we travel or when we have company... we sleep in separate rooms.

It all began when I had to get up all night long with my bladder symptoms {IC}. Then I would be unable to fall asleep again because hubby is a snorer.

Big time snoring ... gets worse every year.

Now we're so used to sleeping separately that we REALLY have trouble when we have to sleep together.

My husband can fall asleep in 5 minutes too. Used to take me hours to fall asleep. Now I'm drugged! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I panic big time if I have to sleep in the same ROOM as my hubby. We are happily married for 27 years and have a "healthy" marraige but we don't sleep together. We haven't for many years due to my insomnia and his snoring.

When we go on vacation we usually get a suite if it's not too expensive so he can sleep in the other room. I think I know of all the inexpensive "suite" chains!

When we sleep on the boat one of us sleeps in the v bunk and the other sleeps at the stern.

And we live happily ever after!

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happily married here too.. 35 yrs this month!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing all the people who responded that they don't sleep together, it's really sad. [Frown] I don't have any problems sleeping in the same bed with my husband. Of course we're young and newly married.

Sometimes I have pain and it hurts to be touched, but very seldom. Luckily, neither of us snore. *crosses fingers* So that's not a problem.

I think I'd have a harder time getting to sleep if I didn't have my husband beside me when I went to sleep. He gives me comfort and hope and the love I need to feel and know when I am so desperately sick.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it isn't sad - it restful sleep! Happily married 24 years here!

If I feel the need to be hugged or held, I snuggle w/him...but off to my bed for sleep and I LOVE IT!

Keebler - YES! I heard on the news recently, that many couples whom are buying new homes are asking for dual master bedrooms, many married couples sleep in seperate rooms (w/o lyme) due to snoring or odd work hours, etc.

I have read upwards of 40% do not share the same bed anymore....I think it can save a marriage if one is rested, it helps to sleep and sleep heals.

--------------------

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunnyfluff
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14117

Icon 11 posted      Profile for bunnyfluff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We no longer sleep in the same room.

He falls asleep in 2 mins, snores, farts, etc., and I am lying there awake, trying to keep the TV low so I don't wake HIM up (??).

So, when my daughter moved for college he took her old room. We both sleep better, and it stopped the fighting and elbowing in the middle of the night.

I read a study that said that 25% of all partners sleep in separate rooms now. There is a new trend towards a thing called a "snore room" being added to homes, or into new plans, so that both ppl have access to the master bath, but sleep apart.

Some are even soundproofed!! [sleepy]

I say whatever works!

Bunny

--------------------
4 strong winds that blow lonely,
7 seas that run high.

All those things that don't change
Come what may.

Posts: 103 | From Dallas/ Fort Worth. TX | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

I live alone in an apartment, but my downstairs neighbor's snoring has ruined my health for the past 18 months. And he's just on a long list of other neighbors with similar added features.

But, he is a nice guy and wonderful about not ever playing his bass heavy music without his headphones, so I gotta love him for that.

But ear plugs don't cut out snoring from even another apartment. Construction ear muffs help a bit more, but hurt my jaw. His snoring is so deep and harsh - and with sudden bursts - that I am rocketed awake scrambling to put my heart back in place.

The fridge in the kitchen/living room area is too vibrational, too, and bores through ear plugs, as does the sound from another neighbor's all night video games.

I've tried sleeping in the bathtub at times. My chiropractor loves that.

So - to all the builders of the world I beg:

* please insulate all walls, ceiling, floors and closets - not just for energy measures, but for SOUND measures, too. Hollow walls are horrific.

* Insist on manufacturers making only QUIET refrigerators and QUIET exhaust fans.

As we all live in closer quarters, these measures could literally change lives.

Zzzzzz.

-

[ 03. June 2008, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I can't use earplugs and there is a lot of noise in my building and surrounding areas (traffic, motorcycles, upstairs and downstairs apartments). In the winter it has become impossible with banging radiator pipes in the walls, but otherwise what works really well is a sound-oasis machine I have. I think the URL is sound-oasis.com. I have the machine that has a digital clock and sound cards, and is both battery operated and has a plug. I usually use white noise to sleep as its consistent but they have very high fidelity other sounds such as ocean surf and rain. It has really really helped. I also put on a normal marpac white noise machine across the room so it creates a kind of stereo effect. You should try it, it will drown out many sounds like snoring. The sound oasis machines are very high quality. And with sound cards you have a wide range of sounds to choose from.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

oxygenbabe,

Thanks. I'm glad to have a name of a unit that works for you. I have gotten some cheaply made models and had to return them as the motor hum itself was off the charts.

I love the sound of rain. Yes, www.sound-oasis.com is the site.
It looks far more substantial than what I've tried before.

What I'd really like is the sound of autumn leaves in the breeze. There is something about that frequency, timbre or whatever that actually soothes the nerves.

I've thought of building an igloo out of yoga blocks, but they are might pricey. It could take hundreds of yoga blocks for a little beehive.

I do have fun, though, thinking of designs. The "door" and air circulation is still a puzzle, though.

-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

oxygenbabe -

about the clanging radiators - I had that in an old Boston appt.,too.

Recently, I saw a edition (this is not the right word) of "This Old House" - they fixed a clanging radiator by installing a simple gadget between the radiator and the control knob.

You might be able to contact them - I love that show and all the guys. But if it's from clanging all through the bldg, everyone would have to get on board.

I don't think it cost a lot to fix.

-

randibear
Member # 11290

i bought a radio at wally world that has a sounds feature. it has rain, sea, forest, and storm.

i keep it on low and it helps sometimes. i love to turn it on and take a bath.

--------------------

roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, i do.

he has a Cpap for sleep apnea, and I take a ton of pain meds for pain, and I take ambien to sleep.

I am amazed at how many people suffer with pain and insomnia and wont take medication for it.

no disrepect here, but I just don't understand. if you had diabetes, would you take meds, if you had thyroid, would you take the meds? if you had mental illness would you take the meds?

so why not treat pain and insomnia?

I guess it doesn't help that most doctors are more ignorant about it than the patients.

pain and insomnia can actually kill if left untreated. they weaken the immune system to a point of exhaustion, and actually damage the nerves to a point of permanent damage.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hubby and I usually goto sleep together in same bed but one of us normally wakes up on the couch.

I have RLS so bad almost every night. I know I keep him awake with it so I tend to sneak down onto the couch.

I have to mention though that every night he scoots down to the middle of the bed with a blanket and lays his head on my back. He rubs my legs until I fall asleep. Having my legs rubbed sometimes quiets the RLS.

I usually wake up a couple of hours later though and it's bad again.

Since he is so sweet to help me I don't mind leaving so he can get some sleep.

kit [sleepy]

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my husband and I both have Lyme and sleep in the same bed.

Lunesta knocks him out.

I sometimes don't sleep well whether it's the Lyme or the two dogs in my bed. [shake]

In fact, if I turn over in the middle of the night, my lab starts wagging her tail.

She sleeps next to my bed.

She hits everything. That will wake me up.

Can't wait to sleep in new house without dogs or children in same bedroom. [Smile]

Probably the best sleep since Katrina.(I'm hoping anyways).

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hubby and I sleep in the same bed, but the problem I have is that he has to be way at the other end of the bed or I feel sick because I get so hot. It feels like I'm sleeping next to a heater.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I don't think they have an autumn leaves sound. I should tell you that I'm highly sensitive and cheaper sound machines have a blip of silence that is the repeating loop and I cannot *stand* it and it won't work for me. These sound cards are very sophisticated and I cannot hear any loop. Because I'm sensitive I don't think I could fall asleep to surf because it "swells" (though I like to work at my computer with it instead of music sometimes) or to rain because it has a pelting sound. But it all sounds very real. I would recommend the one I have because its portable, so if you want to keep it plugged in by your bed you can, but you can also travel with it, or move it into another room for a few hours. Also the digital clock is a nice feature. There is a volume feature and something called sleep enhancement that slows the signal to relax you. (Signal being the sound). This has a headset jack and I thought that might help with my radiator pipe noise but I felt that actually putting the noise in my ears would drive me crazy when I actually tried it.

The radiators--it's not mine. I never turn mine on. It's the renovations they did in the building, in which they screwed up the pitch of pipes in the walls. You can hear thuds pops and bangs in the wall and it is a building wide problem. In the winter it wakes me. Its a startling noise.

PS I just looked at the site. I have the Oasis 650.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Kathy,
You made me think of another good point. My husband is cold a lot, where as I am constantly hot. He likes the electric blanket hot, I hate it, even the dual control thing didn't help..he emits heat...heat makes me sick.

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too.

started out with 1 of my 13 major surgeries, and i couldn't be touched at all....pain horrible!

i also snore and have sleep apnea but cpap doesn't work with me .... need to pursue that one also.

since i'm up to 3-5 am NIGHTLY, and have restless leg also; i'm not in/out of bed all night.

unfortunately pc is 3' from where he sleeps! so if i'm quiet enough typing, he doesn't say much until 3-4 am and i'm still sitting here.

he is also a furnace; i need coolness or can't sleep.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora DeBoard
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora DeBoard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a super topic! Even though we have a spare room, I still do sleep with mine.

Although I toss and turn. I have severe insomia and night sweats. I can't snuggle with him anymore because I am just to hot.

I also can only sleep on my back. Due to my severe degenerative disc disease as well. That and on my left side.

I know he likes to sleep in but, I just can't. If I am up... I AM UP! I can't just lay there in bed trying to toss and turn to get comfy.
Hoping to fall back alseep. Or wait till he gets up.

If I am hurting, I have to get up and move. If I don't the pain in my back and hips will get worse. Same with my muscle twitching and stinging. Why, I don't know. It's just worst when I lay down.

I'd like to sleep in seperate beds, but I'm afraid he wouldn't understand. Besides the fact that the sex drive has left close to four years ago. [Frown]

I know it's because of my hormones and adrenals being all jacked up. IT SUCKS!!!

Posts: 109 | From San Antonio,Tx | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CANNOT sleep if I am not next to my fiance.... If he works late (2am) I will be up until he gets home... I can only sleep with him next to me. [Smile]

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only 'man' in my life is my cat, and I can tell pretty much how well I slept by where he is located when I wake up (which is often several times a night). If he's not next to my chest, on top of my chest, or at my feet, but rather on top of the futon next to me, I know I've been tossing and turning.

My problem isn't just Lyme - it's the electromagnetic fields in this home, which are HIGH.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hubby of 35 years and I still sleep together. On those nights when insomnia kicks in, I often end up on the couch sleeping very little. I know my tossing and turning disturbs him, so I get out and let him sleep.

He is off al meds right now and "may" be cured. Treatment for 2 years. I'm still in pain most of the time.

I know a couple who had a unique way of sleeping together. They had a queen size waterbed frame in which they placed a twin size regular mattress for him (has back problems) and she had a twin size waterbed on her half. Worked great for them. Alone and yet together at the same time.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sad at all. Hubby and I are very much in love and we have a great relationship. It gets better and better even after 27 years.

His office is at home so we are together pretty much 24/7 so not sleeping in the same room is totally not an issue.

When I was newly married I would have thought this was, sad, too though.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

I agree Mojo - 24 years for us, we are together 24/7 and we adore each other.

Sleeping in the same bed means very little when you have a deep heart connection in fact we care about each other enough to know that sleeping in different beds (same room) doesn't "separate" us. It might even cause us to be kinder to each other.

Sleep is an important factor in getting well, we both know that.

There was a married couple on TV that bought houses next door to each other. They are married and have their own house and say they are perfectly happy!

--------------------

madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not the one with lyme..but i sleep most nights on the couch..he can lay there and and lay there and fall asleep...me i have always been a bad sleeper..so when he got sick, i will end up on the couch so he can rest...we always go to bed together and have for almost 43 years..but don't end up together..now i feel better to know this is a common problem

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymebytes said..

"Can you sleep in same bed w/spouse?"

Before I answer I wanna know...

Who's spouse?

Is this a trick question?

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonard
Member # 10531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because of some insomnia (not as bad as it was)I sleep on the couch downstairs. For some reason I sleep better on the couch and then if I wake up at 1 AM. I just watch TV for a while. Since I am now retired I can sleep as long as I want in the morning if I didn't sleep too well at night.

Leonard

Posts: 43 | From Pella, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes - those restless nights! Happily married - together 21 years. We got a wall bed for the office and it works very well for me. There's no way I can sneak out of bed withoput waking him as my side is next to a wall and I need to crawl out the end. He is a creature of habbit and likes that side. My husband snores (says I do too) and several years ago he got a "wave" white noise machine because he was waking himself up! LOL
Anyway I don't miss that stupid machine - no way does it actually sound like waves crashing on the beach. We spend time in bed - spoon and make out, but when it's time to sleep - I'm off to the other room so he can sleep soundly!!!!

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread!

Yep us also! My insomnia is so bad we fianlly went to separate beds 5 years ago...It used to fell weird but now I cringe at the thought of sleeping with him. We are happily married for 15 years! You have to just do what works!
Once I had my 2 kids, it was imperative that I get some type of sleep!

You would be surprised at how many "underground separate sleepers" there are these days!

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hides1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hides1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I sleep in separate beds now- we are just too uncomfortable and crabby and plus he snors! Good sleep is so important in getting over this disease so anything we can do to benefit our health.....
Posts: 238 | From Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Wow - most of us sleep in separate beds it looks like.

--------------------

feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start out together....ended up waking up together only one time this month. I usually move to the nice queen bed in the guest room and toss and turn and pull the sheets off till my hearts content!

Feelfit [Big Grin]

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I used to do that! Start out together .. and when I would wake up, I'd go to the guest room. It eventually became "my room."

Now we flat out have separate bedrooms. Oh, the horrors of chronic illness and what it will do to our lives!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement