LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » getting desperate...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: getting desperate...
Zoeyini
Member # 15583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zoeyini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can not seem to sleep no matter what I do. I'm planning to go get some melatonin supplements as soon as i get the energy to get to the store. And what about the valerian root people have mentioned does that work?

I have been in just the most excruciating pain it has been making me cry on and off for days. I know not sleeping makes it all feel worse but I'm not sure what to do here.

I also found out I can't switch isurance till september so its probably not likely I'll be able to see an LLMD anytime soon and I highly doubt Kaiser Permanente will ever question their already proved negative lyme test.

I'm hopefully goint to try their dermotologist see if they can recognize the rash and bump things as more than just ingrown hairs and weird acne and little red things that Im making too big a deal about. Any suggestions on how to handle that appointment better and with the most success?

Also I hate to admit it but I feel like I'm dying. Maybe not literally but my mind is so frazzled and I have been so sick for so long and its ground my life to such an utter and complete stop that I just can't feel like I'm living life. I feel like my body is just kamakazing itself all without testable results or damage!

Can lyme or bartonella which I'm very very suspicious of actually damage areas and functions of the body? Is this permanent damage if it has already occured? I dunno what to do I feel stuck with no answers and not sleeping is making it all worse.

And Ive tried most of the usually lying around doze off wake up just lying there walking going out staying awake past exhaustion point... no matter what I cant sleep more than a troubled dream state usually ending in some ugly nightmare related to my high pain level that wakes me.

Its been 34 hours now since the last time I had even a wink of complete unconsciousness and almost at the 2 week mark since I ever had a solid 3 hours possibly not even a full2 hours of actual stage 3 or 4 sleep... Im going crazy follks! help!

Oh and is there anything I can do to try to prove to myself lyme or bart that is something I could do without a doc? Like a OTC med that might hint at antibiotics causing relief or herxing? An herb that turns you green if you have lyme? (wouldnt that be so nice) well anything? I dont want to get myself wrapped up in a diagnosis only to never find an answer. I was right about fibro for years before docs agree but what if Im not right about this?

--------------------
If I could only figure out myself I could conquer the world!

Posts: 21 | From Northern California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sleep. I feel for you as I went through this a couple of months ago myself. Somehow it worked it's way out and I am now sleeping much better.

BUT, when I was experiencing the sleeplessness I was able to get some sleep w/ Benedryl. Sometimes Melatonin. Magnesium never did it for me. Klonopin (rx) .50 mg worked very well...but you may not have access to this.

As for your other questions, sorry, I've forgotten what they were. (Lyme brained today)

Hope this helps some,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was on xanax for sleep for over a year. it worked but it was difficult to get off of. now I am on ambien.

you need to get a referral to a pain clinic. pain control is very important. your body is so busy fighting the pain, it has no energy to heal. and no sleep is making it even worse.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement