LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » seeking us incidence map

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: seeking us incidence map
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a good/recent US incidence map or mapable data set of lyme?

I will take CDC cases if that's all that's available, but I know it's underreporting.

I am working on research that compares incidence of mental health disorders and lyme disease.

Thanks so much.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/ss4903a1.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/riskmap.htm

I had some others, but can't find them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jklynd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link to map below. Keep in mind these are reported cases, actual cases are probably much higher due to non-compliance with reporting procedures, Non CDC-Positive results, and so on....
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/ld_Incidence.htm

Posts: 249 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..both of these are from tincup;

1st in jan. 08;
2nd in march 08

Once again Pennsylvania and Maryland are topping the list with the most reported cases of Lyme disease so far this year, with California coming in third. And it's still JANUARY!

In mid-December 2007, the Maryland DHMH reported to legislators that they had over 1,000 new cases they hadn't completed or counted. However, the total for Maryland in 2007 did NOT reflect those extra 1,000 cases. Where did they go?

13 states have already reported cases this year... in JANUARY.... and many are cold weather states.

Colorado, which usually only reports a couple of cases per year, if any, already has one on record.

DC dropped from 62 to 13 cases in one year 06-07. Was one of the 13 cases President Bush's case?

Connecticut dropped again (2006-07)- no doubt due to their new fangled, high dollar reporting system that still isn't working properly.

Florida already has several cases reported so far this year, which is unusual.

Guam, Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Oklahoma were the only ones reporting NO CASES LAST YEAR.

Since reporting began in 1980 we have increased from 120 cases a year to over 20,000 cases per year, nationwide. These figures represent ONLY the reported cases.

According to the CDC, for a more accurate figure multiple the numbers by 10. That will provide you with the CDC 10-fold assessment totals and will show what they believe to be closer to the actual number of cases occurring.

And note: 75-90 percent of people with Lyme are being missed using the current standard tests, according to Hopkins and ILADS studies.

These people have little chance of ever being counted, much less diagnosed and/or treated properly, which can result in hundreds of thousands developing late stage Lyme and possibly becoming disabled or worse in the next few years.

To see your states figures....

http://www.lyme.org/resources/1980-cumulative.htm

Betty note: I tried printing out the chart, but it goes SIDEWAYS, and tried printing in pages 1, 2, 3; it kept printing page 1 only! So just a warning if others try to do this; use your PRINT REVIEW FIRST which I did, and indicated DIFFERENT pages, but still got page 1 only! I gave up after 8 tries! uffda [Smile]

wrote:Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:15
I just noticed this on the LDA site, a new handy dandy tool for folks to use... (of course that is when I get done playing with it).

It is a printable map that shows the total number of reported cases of Lyme per year in each state... and the total number of cases over-all for each state.

Thought it might be of help to those doing research, reports, support group meetings, etc.

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Maps/index.html

I don't know who "did it" but thanks!

Mol Med. 2008 Mar-Apr; 14(3-4): 205-212.

The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research

The Pathogenesis of Lyme Neuroborreliosis: From Infection to Inflammation

Tobias A Rupprecht,1 Uwe Koedel,1 Volker Fingerle,2 and Hans-Walter Pfister1
1 Department of Neurology, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
2 Department of Microbiology, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=18097481

here's full text below broken up by member, ALiG, for us neuro-lymies to be able to read/comprehend!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=063609

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this what you needed?
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at yesterdays' post by hcconn22; there are two maps, page 8.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hrconn's post

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=067232

page 8 and 9

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement