LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » neck swelling HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: neck swelling HELP
MrsScampi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsScampi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my neck swells on the sides don't know if it lymph nodes or muscles all I know is I feel like my throat is being squeezed does anybody else have this symptom I was diagnosed with lyme and mycoplasma
Posts: 200 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I have this symptom.

My MRI showed a huge nodule in my thyroid, over a centimeter. it looks like a huge bright tumor like a brain tumor except in my neck. it was biopsied and benign

the dr's say it cant be blocking anything, but it is between my windpipe and my carotid artery.

I also get very swollen sore salivary glands under my chin. just got a new lump in the submental area.

the sides of my neck get sore, I dont know if its muscles or lymph nodes. sometimes it feels like I am choking. sometimes its hard ot hold my head up.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hokie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hokie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neck is "swollen" on the right side. I also have swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck, but it is not the same thing as the "swollen neck." My P.T. stated that the term for this "fleshiness" is "boggy."

Mine is visible to the naked eye.

Also, it frequently (but off and on) causes internal sensations like pressure along the trachea and/or esophagus (spelling?). It also causes burping.

Ultrasounds have been completely normal.

I had thyroid cancer previously and my thyroid was removed, so it's not that or thyroid related nodules.

It's unnerving. Mine might be getting a little better. We'll see.

Posts: 129 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same feelings (and a little more) but I feel like the sides of my neck are huge and swollen. There aren't any huge lymph nodes there but it "feels" like my neck is huge but everyone assures me it doesn't look big, but I have insisted for months now that the sides of my neck look and feel swollen....only for family and friends to tell me it looks fine.

This sensation has effected my appetite. I don't like to swallow. My doctor says it's just anxiety but I'm not anxious. I am getting an MRI soon to see what is going on. I just didn't decide one day that I thought the sides of my neck would feel swollen.

I originally thought it was my lymph nodes but it's not...it is just the muscles or something....well, I hope that's all it is.

I hate to say this but I am glad it's not only me.

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the same thing off and on now for over a year. The glands in my neck and throat swell sometimes to the point they are visible. Mainly it just makes me look like I have a fat neck. Sometimes they are sore but mostly not just uncomfortable. The swelling in my case effects my ears the most. They feel like there is pressure in them and they feel blocked at times effecting my hearing. My LLMD and GP are not concerned even though they have no explaination either. I just chalk it up as another mystery of Lyme.

Patrick

Posts: 142 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariarosa
Member # 15459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have swelling in my lymph nodes on my neck and behind my ear. There are distinct lumps. This week, they actually started hurting, not just to the touch, but all the time. They are swollen and rock hard and visible to the naked eye. My PT says they are muscle knots and I should get them injected. ??
Posts: 13 | From PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, we experience this

we have a lyme literate pt who is able to

drain the lymph nodes and taught us how to

do this simple manuever

there is no area of the body tht the spirochete

will not infect....muscles included

is there anywya you can try a pt

i find it to be a almost painless, and non-

invasive therapy

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymphedema vasculitis cellulitis

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=067396

I posted it yesterday.

You might to want to look at the general information links at this website about lymphedema and it's treatment.

It makes sense that people with Lyme could get secondary lymphedema...Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that can damage our endothelium (blood vessel walls).

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume our lymphatic vessels could also be damaged by this disease. Secondary lymphedema due to a Lyme or other TBD infection.

Maybe this is what your PT means by "boggy".

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart is known to cause swollen lymph nodes.

I've had soreness on the right side of my neck for 5 years. My fibromyalgia doctor told me it was sicca (dry glands) or possibly sjogren's (an autoimmune condition).

Recently that same lymph node got huge. My whole neck was swollen and very sore. I happen to be going to see my LLMD. He said it was a lymph node infection. I was on keflex for it for 10 days but I still have a lump but much smaller.

My herbalist said she thinks it's yeast and viruses. Now one of my teeth on the same side is hurting and has become sensitive to cold and hot.

I have difficulty swallowing and a feeling of tightness in my throat off and on too. It got much better since I've been in treatment for lyme. The throat thing can be related to neuropathy or an infection and probably other things too.

Wish I knew the answers, I'm getting tired of having a sore lymph node and swollen neck.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janis1023
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janis1023     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phenibut, which is derived from GABA (a Russian discovery) is not expensive and works. I get mine from Bulk Nutrition, but do a search for it and you will see it is available lots of places, no script. Dr. Ray Sahelian has an article on it. You will sleep like the dead so do not take if you have to get up the next day.

Jan

--------------------
3 Strains Mycoplasma and Chlymedia 2001.
After treatment fine for all 2004.
Major symptoms since 2005.
Diag Aug 2008 Lyme.
400 mg/d doxy
500 2/d Ceftin

Posts: 164 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement