LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Treatment to cover all mycoplasma species, does it make sense?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Treatment to cover all mycoplasma species, does it make sense?
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have horrible twitching problems more than 1 year into treatment. Having read Mathias excellent posts on this subject makes me wonder if I alse have a mycoplasma infection as the twitching symptoms seem to be common with this infection.

ALSO it is very interesting the thread created by GaleHane about BLO, considering BLO MIGHT be a mycoplasma infection and not so much bartonella.

I tried Clindamycin IV and had THE WORST HERX EVER!!!!!
with myoclonic jerking and sweating etc.

Here is a copy from Mathias Postings of how you treat different mycos;

Mycoplasma pneumoniae
Azithromycin (Zithromax)
Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Erythromycin
Telithromycin (Ketek)
Dirithromycin (Dynabac)
Doxycycline or Minocycline or Tetracycline

Mycoplasma fermentans
Gemifloxacin (Factive)
Gaitifloxacin (Tequin)
Moxifloxacin (Avelox)
Clindamycin (Cleocin)
Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
Telithromycin (Ketek)

Mycoplasma hominis
Gemifloxacin (Factive)
Moxifloxacin (Avelox)
Gaitifloxacin (Tequin)
Clindamycin (Cleocin)
Ofloxacin (Floxin)
Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)

Mycoplasma penetrans
Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
Ofloxacin (Floxin)
Telithromycin (Ketek)
Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Azithromycin (Zithromax)
Doxycycline or Minocycline or Tetracycline

SO, would it be possible to combine Clindamycin + azithromycin then to cover ALL mycoplasmas? It it a sensible combo?
Has Anyone tried it?

Seeing this list of treatments for myco REALLY makes me wonder if BLO is indeed a myco infectiion???? FERMENTANS???HOMINIS?

--------------------------

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes of course it is just guessing!

But it is really strange all this.

Also found this article/lecture on mycoplasma,
http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/conference/mordechai_2003.htm

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI swedish lyme sufferer.

my opinion as it is just spekulation as no body is really finding out what is is.

I see my llmd.She uses Muscle testing.But I have stretch marks as bart henselae ( had them isnce in europe) and caugh persistent mucoplasma symtoms back in germany( wonder if I have the same thing as you ) as i recall the frontal lobe problme heavy legs and shin pains...

i used to be a runner and felt righ away the diference ....
Anyway.No blood work ( except FRY I never did it) all came back negative for bart.

I have used KETEK 2 months , AZITR 10months , RIFAmping more than 9 months , bartonella homepathic formula and levaquin with interouption ...11 weeks so far...and doxy 9 months...

OK based on mUSLCE testing I had all coinfections ( ehrlichia is gone) , BABESIA is not showing up anymore.

BArt and mucoplasma fementas came up strongly .

Now I have been chasing bart since 14 months .My dr said I might have BLO as I am not geting rid of bart ...So that is why started LEVAQUIn after 5 months rifampin and 2 months ketek ..had doxy and azithr besides many herbs

Now that I went back to levaquin had added up to 8 capsules of HH .I am herxing.BArt cat scratch fever stretch marks are fading.

When you say twitching I can relate as I had them from head to toe...once I stop chasing bart I get them back .But lately Rifampin stoped working.Muscle testing shows that Rifampin ( that i took once 1200mg for 2 weeks is not testing positive for me)is not working anymore.

Right after that shows that LEVAQUIN was more aceptable for my body and it requires 1000mg.

But something new..mucoplasma fementas is not showing up anymore....but som e kind of BLO again...as my llmd ( she says it is like in ricketsial family )

I also have the VEFG in my body ...if you read Dr J S from Fl`s book .

They were not there until I got a twitchign feeling a few years ago.

DEEP bone pain and enchephalitis in the frontal lobe.I wonder what your other symtoms are.i am sure I got somehting else in HERE as My entire family has it ...

Now I have less jerking ( rare) and swetting is almost stopping ) worm hands and feet.

Now why I react as I have bartonella and only LEVAQUIN that is mostly covering all mucoplasma is wanted in that high dosages from my body ??

I am not sure but I hope that the presence of bart and mucoplasma crietes a special mutation of the bugs.

So far I am muscle testing everything and go by it as ...that is how I got my brain back ( not fully though).

I am curious ...do you have joint pain , deep bone pain ....deep shin pains ....?

I know I have neuroborreliosis ...but so far only this bart muco thing is showing up and my body wants levaquin in high dosages .....?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Very interesting indeed!
I do not really know how muscle testing works and how it tells you that you need different meds?

I have neg. tests for co infections and I have neuro lyme for sure.
My symptoms;

creapy crawlings in the head and also else where in the body.
muscle twitches head to toe
extreme fatigue
intemittent fever
jerking/mycoclonus during herxing.
some joint pain.

currently rifampin + zith for suspected BLO.
Not making much progress on it though.

Alv
Unregistered

from muscle testing bart and lymeneuro is left...

I have the same thing as you do !

Boomerang
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALV, hubby is also on levaquin. He was like you...twitching/jerking from head to toe. Never a sound sleep.

The levaquin improved this problem from almost the first dose. It was amazing.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

hi boomerang...how long did your HUBBY used LEVAQUIN ?

I am almost on 11th week after so many other treatments?

Also I am curious ...does your hubby has any rahs or particular signs of VEFG that DR S talkes in his book.I am not sure if you have cheked the book.But just by that I had the red/blue/purple strains in the thighs , mollars and stretch marks of BARTONELLA henselae.

From symtoms I think I got B Quintata also..so my bugs have become SUPERBUGS from the presence of each other I guess...

BUT all I can say is that MY PERSISTENT cough in GERMANY , that I could not stop if for many months and took many drugs on and off...( than got calmed down ) was associated with the shin pain , but prior to that I recall a night sweat that started crazy and when the caugh came up the sweats and chills were on.

I wonder if I got BART and MUCOPLAMA on that bite in germany.Brussels stated that her daughter got reinfected over there with BART and MUCOPLASMA last months....Maybe that is what I got back than and everything turned upside down for me since than.
That was 14 years ago...

[ 19. June 2008, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Alv ]

swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Hi Boomerang!

Did your hubby stay twitch-free after discontinuing levaquin.
Some folks have had it back after some time....
I still wonder whether it is neuolyme or bart?
And there is no one who can tell for sure....
Bah.....
Misery.

swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

or...if the bart is really mycoplasma!
Alv and Boomerang, have you ever tried Clindamycin???

I did and had the worst herx EVER.

Alv
Unregistered

NO I never tried CLINDAMICIN ?
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Clindamycin, yes it is supposed to handle some myco strains.
Is your twitching gone after levaquin Alv?

Or was it gone and then returned?

Alv
Unregistered

My twitching ( when peopel say use magnesium and I DO NOT USE ANY ) since in levaquin is very light.

If I stop it somehow comes back ????

I noticed the first time droped at my knee below part...than when I switched to rifapmin as I though I was having tendonitis( well somehow it efected them but slowly recovered) ...my titches ended up to upper part "butt area" belive it or not.

Now that I am typing I have a few rare ones on the calf...but not noticable as they used to be.

I used to twitch crazy in my cafe lips, hands and compelty body was jerking.

My kids will see my m uscle twitching ...was scary.That time I had no clue.

my numbness on my face( bells palsy got beters).

The only thing I am doing in 14 months -CAHSIN GBART nons stop..
i had it for TOO long.I recall my foot pain since a child ..so I do have several strains.I used to be a runner and blamed running...but at the end of day my anckle would hurt...

That was since 30 some years ago...so my war against BART is gone be long too.

i recall another child here that is chasing bart in 2 years non stop and still is in treatment.

MAYBE I am the other severe person ....

IF I ever put it in remission ..I will let everybody knows what worked...So far whatever I am doin g works..but if I stop comes back !!!!!

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby is on his 12th week of levaquin. Don't know for sure how long he will be on it. I just know that it really did the number on his jerking problems. Wonderful to see him sleep well for a change.

He has had an skin outbreak while on levaquin...lot of raised itchy bumps all over his back. That has improved somewhat.

We are hopeful treating the bart will really help him.
take care all!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a warning about Clindamycin: I've read that it is one of the worst abx for causing Clostridium difficile, so be sure to take good probiotics defense.
Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boomerang:

Your hubby's skin outbreak could be that he's not detoxing enough. I had papules on my back during and after Bart treatment.

I'm finally knocking the numbers of outbreak way down on back (and face) with 12 grams of cholestyramine a day.

I'm taking Mesosilver (no abx) but the Meso's killing something so I'm still having die-off.

Does your hubby have the biotoxxin gene?
www.biotoxin.info

I DO! So I HAVE to take cholestyramine to detox otherwise any die-off I have will just recirculate into the blood.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure his back breakout is an attempt to release die-off toxins.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Sounds like very good thoughts, Clarissa. Thanks a bunch!
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

GREAT TOSHO!!!!
THank you!!!
Yes I bet the mycoplasma is there somewhere.......
I will drop rifampin now after 4 months of absolutely NO improvment and go for IV clindamycin.
I did that and added metronidazol 3 days a week IV.
The herx almost knocked me out.
Maybe something for you tosho?

Alv
Unregistered

we all have some kind of mucoplasma....I can not recal ..but right now I found this...

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/01/309675.shtml

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20000830164825

http://pdharris.com/chemtrails/mycoplasma_from_chemtrails.htm

we all have mucoplasma ..and we all need to treat them even though we do not catch all the trains on blood work...that does not mean is not there...A little detail..the first 5 months my body was showing in muscle testing -BABESIA , EHRLICHIA , LYME and bart.

But than over months of treatment ehrlichia was gone , babs went away ( well I was treating it before I knew about lyme anyway based on herbs) and bart and MUCOPLASMA fementas showed up ....

they take turns as one load of one bacteria gouse down the other ones comes up...

So even though originally your body might show 1 or 2 coinfections...if you keep loocking ..later they will show up not matter what..and mucoplasma is one of the most spread in the world...no doubt about it...

I have spoken to a person that works with DR G alternative.He checks all his patient and found out that everybody that has cronic disease has some of the strains of muco...at least one fo rsure...

MAybe they get activated when our immune system is supresed...

that is my opinion...anyway !So having a combo fo ra long term that cover it is a good idea...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement