LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Blood Pressure Drop?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood Pressure Drop?
johnnyb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't call it a sudden drop... well, maybe kinda...

My BP before the big heat wave was usually around 135-140 / 80-86... idk something like that.

I overdid it and then we had the heat wave with no AC... really burned myself out.

Lately I check my BP and its usually around 120-126 / 67-70. Sometimes its higher, but especially the lower number is usually just under 70. (once it hit 130/73).

Is it possible I blew out my adrenals again? I just recently had and echo (before the heat wave) and ejection fraction and everything looked ok.

I've been very tired and the heart just feels "weak" but I am figuring its all adrenals and fatigue?

Oh, and also I am having more air hunger, to the point where I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I am not getting enough air.

On a more positive note, I feel VERY calm. Nothing seems to be able to get nervous, physically, whereas I am usually stressed and nervous all the time....

So? What thinks ye all?

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blood pressure drop & fatigue could be due to....

1.Dehydration giving an imbalance in electrolytes, therefore up your water and your sodium and use an electrolyte replacement I am unsure if you have this water in the USA its called Vichy Catalan and it gives all the electrolyte balance you need www.aquamaestro.com/innerview.asp?catid=49

2.Aldosterone deficiency so you would need Florinef in that case

3.Yes could be adrenals although I would suggest getting a saliva cortisol day curve run before any decisions are made on that

4. POTS this always gets worse in the heat

Hope that helps
Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it just be that your blood pressure is getting better as you are being treated?

I know you had a lot of heart symptoms in the beginning, perhaps you are just getting better. [Smile]

I'd chalk the air hunger up to a herx if you're still on babs treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could be that six. Normally, I'd be happy to see this blood pressure, but since I feel so tired and blech, I am not thinking that way.

I have been drinking Aloe Vera Juice and Mangosteen juice lately, so maybe they are improving things. Both may have beneficial effects on BP on cholesterol, but idk...

Rianna, previous salivary adrenal tests have shown me low on cortisol. Not addison's-low, but still low. POTS does seem plausible...

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was happy to get my blood pressure UP to that level. [Smile] Mine was always about 90/60 before.

My cortisol was also borderline low. I read a couple books on adrenal fatigue ... I really like "Tired of Being Tired." I think just about all of us will have tired adrenals due to our chronic illness.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes I always had very low blood preasure due to the disease...now they say if fine...not a problem..I am treated the disease..

When I was near death , my other doctor found that my adrenals were failing and she had to suports it with tons of things...

She used muscle testing and used things that my body wanted ...and stabilized it.
i barely could walk and crawling on stairs to get to bed ..and was having a very low blood preassure and total pale .....my lyme had became activated at that time...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement