LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » If u had 200 million dollars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If u had 200 million dollars
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets just say u are extremley rich. would there be a different approach to treating lyme..most of us just take abx and supps....

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my dad said to never let money decide treatment, that he would fill in the gaps .... so, that being said, I still see an ILADS LLMD and am on abx plus herbs. Haven't had to tap into Dad's money stash yet.

I'm looking into the Bionic 880 (owe you a PM) .... waiting impatiently till GiGi and others get back from Germany. Thinking of going to Germany for treatment and coming home with one like GiGi is. (Of course, I would share if I did this. [Smile] )

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go for IV with a nurse at home. If I had that kind of money.
-------
The Bionic 880, I think it is soooo strange, I hope it works, but you know I have actually lived In Prorzheim in Germany one year, just a block from where this alternative doctor works, and I have met many hundred germans on Lyme treatment in my LLMDs office and NONE of them has said anything about Bionic.....

so strange.....

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would use it to buy a home in an EMF/RF-free area, purchase miles of land around it (to avoid the installation of cell phone towers), and refuse to sell the land to anyone. The home would be solar-powered or wind-powered or whatever technology would bring the least EMFs/RFs into the environment.

I'd buy myself a dog or two, a few more cats, some horses, put up a few bat houses to control the mosquitos, and live alone in the wilderness, taking in strays, feeding tick-infested deer from high-EMF areas, waiting for nature's inevitable retaliation against wireless technology. My Lyme would be in remission without the exposure to EMF/RF anyway.

I may even begin collecting seeds for the upcoming food shortages the Bible foretells.

Maybe I'd even begin to build an ark...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had 200 million dollars?

I would open a treatment center with little apartments where folks could stay.... and the best of the best of everything... so everyone could get treated using any and all options available.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Tailz, your weird... [lick]
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bryron,

tailz' is not wierd; an ARK would be very useful with all the continuous FLOODING PROBLEMS HERE IN MIDWEST!!!!

ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

An Ark would be cool

Let me go get my generators, electric power tools, electric saws, and laser aligners...

groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would buy a 5 gallon Bucket of Mepron -Jay-
Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had 200 million dollars I'd run for office and change things so Lyme can get properly diagnosed and everyone can get the right treatment they deserve.

With that kind of money I could run independently and not worry about special interest groups or being "loyal" to party politics.

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think steel is asking what treatments we would do. Since I'm pretty much "well" I would get weekly glutathione and other good supportive things like that.

Maybe even buy a good quality Transfer Factor.

But what I'd REALLY like to do with that much money would be set up a foundation so that Lyme patients could obtain the treatment that so many cannot afford.

You would have to qualify, but the qualifications would not be that hard. If Tincup and I got together, no one would have to go homeless because of this %$#& disease!

PS to tailz... The ark would do no good. God said he would never again flood the earth.

(tell that to those in the Midwest right now!! [shake] )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some really great answers here.

Taliz is not totally alone. One of the things I would do would be move to a house in the country where I could plant a garden and grow organic food and have an herb garden. Of course it would be even better if I could hire a cook as well.

Actually maybe I should just move in with my parents. Have seriously considered this as they live on a 1000 acre farm in central West Virginia. I think some pets and less stress would be very helpful for hubby.

I like Tincup's answer as well -- one of the things I have dreamed about is taking hubby to 3 or 5 different LLMD's and getting their treatment suggestions. As they say, two heads are better than one. And just imagine if all the docs were in the same place how simple that would be.

If you have ever tried to find a neurologist and a gastroenterologist who specialize in Lyme and tick-borne diseases you have to travel hundreds of miles as they aren't in the same place. And forget it if you also need a pulmonologist, a cardiologist, a psychologist etc etc.

Some of the treatments we have had to forgo for financial reasons include weekly massages. I always come up short on money for supplements. And testing. I would do additional tests for viruses, immune system function, possibly genetic testing, follow-up hormone testing and various nutritional tests.

The one treatment I would like to try again is UVB -- ultraviolet blood irradiation. Don't know if it was working on viral issues or something tick-borne, but it definitely did something the 3 treatments hubby had.

Or another option would be to hire a doc to call and consult other docs for suggestions.

I would definitely have many more bloodslides looked at -- by Fry lab and anyone else I could find who knows what they are looking at.

Most of all I would love to find a curious neurologist. It would be so nice to see some journal articles that mention tremors, muscle spasms and myoclonus as possible symptoms of Lyme and tick-borne illnesses. It would be vindication of a sort to be able to show all the neuros that anxiety and depression are not the only thing that causes tremors.

Actually I have been making my list for awhile. Hubby recently enrolled in a catastrophic health insurance plan. It has a waiting period of 2 years. If he is not well by then, then I plan on utilizing this policy to get additional testing and treatment.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement