LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does this sound possible???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does this sound possible???
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There,

I have had Lyme for 19 years. Started treatment 2

years ago. Major symptoms were dizziness,

twitching, tinnitus, muscle cramps, and had a few

white spots on MRI...After about a year and a half

of treatment was doing much better all around. (I

also have Bart)Over the course of the treatment Took Lev, Doxy, Mal and

others...about five months ago, the dizziness came

back really badly. Doc put me back on Lev. It

helped but dizziness is not gone. Have been on

Doxy all along and just stopped Lev because LLMD

said it had run it's course and would no longer be

effective. Now started on Zith with the Doxy and

10 days into it my symptoms are so much worse.

Twitching is now back, muscle cramps etc...dizzy

is worse too. My two questions are. Why did my

symptoms come back after a year and a half. Does

it mean the drugs aren't working? And can one herx

after 10 days of using something as I thought it

was only after 4 or 5 and is that happening to me? Thank you very much.

Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darla135
Member # 15688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darla135     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't speak to the effectiveness of the meds, but as for herxing, my understanding is that everyone is different. A herx can occur at any time throughout treatment at any degree of severity. I would stay in contact with your LLMD about the returning symptoms if they persist for too long.

I hope you get the answers you are needing and soon.

Posts: 96 | From Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much. It has been one of those really bad and scared days for me. Freaking out a little bit..getting discouraged etc...
Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
herxing can be any time for ANY LENGTH OF TIME; no guarantees on anything!

symptoms back...any sign of a fresh bite embedded or bulls-eye? good luck.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

No fresh bite...sure of that. Does that mean that treatment isn't working?
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

LALYME, YOUR PM BOX IS FULL; PLEASE CLEAN HOUSE GOOD; 60 total messages in/out !!!

sorry, but i can NOT comprehend your 1st post so editing here so i can read it ok!

posted 28-06-2008 09:40 PM
------------------------------

Hi There,

I have had Lyme for 19 years.

Started treatment 2 years ago.

Major symptoms were dizziness, twitching, tinnitus, muscle cramps, and had a few white spots on MRI...

After about a year and a half of treatment was doing much better all around.

(I also have Bart)

Over the course of the treatment Took Lev, Doxy, Mal and others.

about five months ago, the dizziness came back really badly. Doc put me back on Lev. It helped but dizziness is not gone.

Have been on Doxy all along and just stopped Lev because LLMD said it had run it's course and would no longer be effective.
//////////////////////////

Now started on Zith with the Doxy and 10 days into it my symptoms are so much worse.

REPLY; YOU ARE HERXING ON ZITH/DOXY!! you will feel like hell; that means the abx are KILLING THE SPIROCHETE IN YOU. you want that!

Twitching is now back, muscle cramps etc...dizzy
is worse too.

My two questions are.

Why did my symptoms come back after a year and a half.

Does it mean the drugs aren't working?

And can one herx after 10 days of using something as I thought it was only after 4 or 5 and is that happening to me? Thank you very much.

as i said above; herxing can come and go ANY TIME it choses too ... no pattern always!

in my NON-MEDICAL OPINION, the drugs ARE working for you.

you can NOT expect to get better OVERNIGHT; lyme just does not work that way. if you have a fresh, recent bite and LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE BULLS-EYE TOO; getting strong enough and LONG enough abx can CURE YOU!!!

please just start doing more reading in my newbie package OR TREEPATROL'S huge archive of over 1000 links of info!

ther is NOT ONE SIMPLE THING ABOUT LYME DISEASE AND/OR CO-INFECTIONS; sure wish there were!

that's the best way i know of answering you since my pm would NOT go thru. that's what i would have said.

please try to post as my broken up version is or i will have to SOB, scroll on by, without helping since i get migraines from long, solid block text and how you did the top.

i just can't comprehend that way; 38.5 years lymie! [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess would be that your Babesia is coming back and the Zithromax is working on that a little bit. Also, Levaquin is not usually enough to get Bartonella.

Hang in there.

This is just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the new drugs are hitting something different. Tick Borne Diseases become resistant to antibiotics because they're so smart and sneaky.

So you can feel totally fine, then add something new to the mix and WHAM, you're bed-ridden again.

Example: My LLMD declared my illness' in remission approx 2 1/2 mos ago but he wanted me to take Mesosilver to boost my immune system.

Well, I'll tell you that the Mesosilver made SOMETHING rear its ugly head. Nothing "major" compared to the herxing we all know about but I definitely had some flares...to the point where after 3 weeks I've decided to stop.

There just comes a point where you don't want to stir the buggers up (at least not purposely) and try and let your immune system take over and try and just live.

Anyway, my point being that this reaction or herx you're having is perfectly normal. It sucks but you're killing so don't get freaked out...it will all lead to better health.

Best and hang in there!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Just wanted to say thank you all...without you here at Lymenet I don't know what I'd do...I will hang in there:)
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you, sounds awful.

Herxing can happen all throughout treatment - I am 2 years in treatment and still herx...a lot.

I think most see improvement more quickly though and have less herxing.

My son has LD he has a herx period that lasts about 2 weeks when he starts a new abx and then it is followed by improvement. He will have "herx" days (2-3) in a row once in a while.

Since everyone is different, hopefully you won't herx long and see some improvement soon.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a Herxheimer reaction to me.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement