LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lipitor Anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lipitor Anyone?
SuzyQ
Member # 16011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuzyQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been prescribed Lipitor as part of their Lyme Protocol?
My LLD mentioned it last appointment.
Curious. My cholesterol levels are normal. It was a complimentary drug.

Posts: 15 | From Menomonie, Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay away from all statins!

I have 3 friends who were on them. It caused muscle weakness and pain.Walking was painful. Had to stop the gym.

One tried several and they all did the same thing.

The heart is a muscle too.

The good thing is they recovered.

Tim Russert was on s statin I believe.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thought--guess I didn't really answer your question.

My LLMD wanted to give me something to break down cholesterol. I can't remember now what it was called, but it wasn't lipitor or a statin.

The reason was that it would break down the fatty coating that the borellia have around them so that the antibiotic could penetrate.

At least that's what I think she meant.

She didn't have me do it though because I was too thin and she didn't want me getting thinner.

Anyone else know about this or what the name of the stuff is that she was wanting me to take so Suzy could ask for it instead?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Marz, I'm not sure of the particular product you have in mind, but allicin will lower cholesterol and it will also help break down biofilm.

just one of many healthier alternatives to statins.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuzyQ
Member # 16011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuzyQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great advice. No Lipitor!!!
This is such a wonderful source for solid advice and inspiration!
SuzyQ

Posts: 15 | From Menomonie, Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Zocor for six months and stopped. The doctor I was seeing was trying to get me to switch to crestor. I asked him why and he said you would do better on crestor. I said but the zocor is working my cholesterol is way down. I figured it out after the appt. I saw him talking with a crestor rep. Then I realized zocors patent was gonna run out in ten months and become generic. I found a new doctor I really like. I asked him if he thought the statins were dangerous. He said he wouldn't take them and advised me to stop. He said the best way to control elevated cholesterol is with high doses of niacin. I am now taking slow release niacin about 2000mg a day and my total cholesterol is 170 from 245.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement