LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Massive Anxiety and Restlessness Please Help???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Massive Anxiety and Restlessness Please Help???
Cooper
Member # 15968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone please help

Today has been difficult.... I cant relax... I am tired yet my arms and legs seem restless... Can it be the Doxy making me feel agitated/speedy..??? Or is this a sign of something else?

I am afraid to take my evening dose!!!

What can I do?

Posts: 60 | From Annapolis MD. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
txing this disease is largely a paradox from start to finish.

It has evolved in nature to trick the victim into discontinuing treatment.

Natually, the bugs that can survive have to trick the victim, or the infection wouldnt exist.

Further, I have a microscope phase contrast 1600x using coverslip, slide and oil, and see, and have come to believe, that abx cannot really truely kill these bugs.

I further believe that since it appears these bugs are abx resistent, I believe that we are in fact NOT dead-end vectors, and most believe.

I have seen these bugs survive days under a coverslip in a blood smear.

If one had a cut and rubbed this on there cut, surely would result in infection.

I see results now in real time, and since that time approx. 2 weeks counting now, I figured out what was wrong.

Marcolides and tetra class (excluding tigercyclline as it has a build in efflux pump inhibitor-lyme uses a pump like this to resist)
are useless to tx lyme, or the other bugs it appears as well.

For me, ceftin worked wonders, but still was finding bugs.

I added MMS and iodine, as my natpath found iodine killed everything on the slide instantly.

Basially, I am throwing out there, that none other at this point, then a true controlled and safe level of basically poisons will truely kill these buggers.

Getting back to your question.

Anxiety is a sign of herx I believe.

Also a possible sign of your immune system "kicking in gear".

Paxil was shown as a efflux pump inhibitor.

Natural efflux pump I include black pepper, rosemary, thyme.

Perhaps under the tounge is a better or good choice as well as in stomach for better results.

I would take something to reduce your anxiety, perhaps a RX or something natural.

Contact your doctors.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came out of something EXACTLY like this...I believe it was herxing too.

It is a horrible agitated feeling, waves of anxiety (for no apparent reason) would flow through me.

My muscles even tensed up and felt rigid I was so tense...I have Xanax which I took, it helped take the edge off..but thankfully it only lasted a few days.

If the herx is too hard, call your LLMD and tell him you'd like to cut back in dose, this will help sometimes.

[ 29. June 2008, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: lymebytes ]

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

cooper [group hug] [kiss]

how about finding a FUNNY COMMEDY and belly laugh galore to help loosen you up from your anxiety?

think about ONLY GOOD THINGS....best wishes!

Cooper
Member # 15968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Betty...and others.... I read the stories here and it is very scary and sad...
Posts: 60 | From Annapolis MD. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you tolerate a warm bath? Some of us cannot..but it might help if you don't have an Rx for anxiety.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

It sounds like herxing to me too. I didn't have the anxiety so much as the restless arms and legs... that was enough to make me need a klonopin though.
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

First, you asked about doxy doing this. I'm no expert, but be sure you have your liver support and your probiotics (yeast/candida can cause anxiety, too). Be sure you eat enough to have food move on through to help with the detox process.

You might check anything new food or even breath mints to be certain you have not ingested anything with aspartame/nutrasweet/equal or anything with MSG - it has many names (you can google that)

all that stuff is excitatory and neurotoxic.

-

Magnesium is one of the best calming agents. Can you increase your dose or have a warm bath with epsom salts added? Calcium, too, is very good, in balance with magnesium.

Magnesium is also a very good detox agent. You can look for abstracts on PubMed, cross searching magnesium with anxiety, NMDA, toxins. Low magnesium, hypomagnesia, can cause anxiety.

PubMed: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

-

Be sure you're not running on low blood sugar.

Do you have any adrenal support such as ashwagandha or cordyceps?

Fish / krill - or other EFA's and Omega oils might help, too.

Gentle, rhythmic breathing can bring about some calm as can some Tai Chi or Qi Gong sort of exercises.

And, other gentle exercise, as you can tolerate, can calm, too. Getting outdoors, even for a few minutes, might be helpful.

Certain music that is set at the heartbeat rate is helpful - Mozart, especially. (and Mozart never "dumped" negative mood into his music. You can be sure of him as a composer. More so than another other classical composter, his music resonates with positive emotion - as per the author of the book: The Mozart Effect.)

You might try singing. Just pick some songs you like. Or just hum. Hmmmmm. The breathing and vibration can be soothing.

If you have a guitar,by chance, you might just try some gentle strumming on it - or some other musical instrument that you might have on hand. Occupying the mind and motor skills to produce music is wonderful.

On Monday, you can call your doctor's office for more about this. And, funny movies in the meantime can be work a million bucks.

Ommmmmm.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rescue Remedy is a homeopathic spray or drops you can pick up at any health food store, and even some supermarkets or pharmacies.

It works almost instantly, and has a very calming effect for most people. You can even use it repeatedly if need be.

It is made by Bach.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cooper
Member # 15968

I think I'll go bang my head against a wall in search of common sense....

I added another doxy 100mg and Ceftin 500mg out of fear of charcoal deactivating my earlier doses...

so perhaps I took too much stuff hmmmmm

I am calming down...thanx to you all...

I no longer have any family so this is a solo thing and when you r sick and worried you can really get wound up on the worst case scenario thing!

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is NO way I would have made it through my Bart treatment/herxes without xanax. You need to be easy on yourself during the excerbation of anxiety with these herxes.

Many of us have used anti-anxiety meds and anti-depressants (I take Luvox, too) to get through this very difficult time.

Some like klonopin, Ativan but Xanax was/is my savior and I do NOT consider myself an addict. It just takes that horrendous edge off.

Hang in there! It can feel so scary.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

magnesium, anxiety - 101 abstracts

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Marschner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it real (*******-bad) bad for a couple years especially for about 2-3 months...

Felt like I had maggots crawling through my muscles/tissues tickling all my nerve-endings!

Exquisite. When I tried to explain this...universally Dr's want to give me SSRI's (Paxil.). That eventually made me suicidal, and I spent a few days in the luny bin. In the psych ward...they took away all my Valium and Vicodin...I wanted to die so very badly...but I was locked up with Dr's that were incompassionate and very naieve. They wouldn't listen to me...I was traumatized pretty bad from it.

I'd say anyone w/ Lyme driven anxiety should go on high doses of Valium (Works much better than Xanax!). High doses like 15-35mg day. Sometimes NO amount of Valium can beat the anxiety...but it works far, far, far, far, far better than anything I've tried, and I've tried 'em all.

Posts: 269 | From Valencia, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Marschner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have access to anything, try:

Valium and Seroquel. or Valium and Remeron. These combinations should Knock you OUT. Even when you're herxing pretty bad.

Valium alone won't do th trick completely during the bad herxes, but if you add the above, you'll get very sleepy. This is important for the sleep deprivation.

Posts: 269 | From Valencia, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

If you can't get a script for the stuff b/c Dr's think they know better than you do...order the medicines on-line.

I bought the last couple years supply of Valium online. I'm going to save so much money on psychiatrists that think they can help w/ their SSRI's and anti-psychotics (And their expensive office visits.).

If I had it to do over again, when I got my Lyme Dx I would have bought a bunch of IM rocephin, Valium and Vicodin on-line. Then just wait 'till I was cured.

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme eats up our Magnesuim. Lack of magnesium can cause irregular heartbeat, anxiety, muscle cramps..........etc. I use Magnesium Malate amd magnesuim oxide. I also use calcium lactate for the Vit d issue.

Gail

Not medical advice, just sharing personal experience.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my early treatment days with Doxy I herxed like this. I used Xanax and it greatly reduced the herx. Of course, detox is important, too.

I hope you can find something that works - this is not pleasant, for sure.

Hang in there.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement