LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » LightWorks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LightWorks
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you may have ben following the topic about the Bionic 880... I ordered a LightWorks by SOTA & I received it yesterday.

The immediate results were less pain. I used if for some pre-menstrual cramps I was having & they really diminished.

I could actually feel the healing warmth penetrating into my lower abdomen even though the light is invisible.

I also used it on my wrists, ears, forehead (3rd eye), crown of my head, heart area & belly button area.

I felt tired afterwards. This is what people say about the Bionic 880, too. I used it on the "E" Nogier frequency.

My boyfriend used it on some pain he was having in his lower back & he said that the pain was practically gone afterwards.

Plus, I did the same treatment with him with the various points of the body. He was having a slight headache prior - & it was gone afterwards.

It's all new but it seems very promising. I don't know if it's will actually "cure" Lyme but it's off to a very good start.

I have been feeling tired today but this seems to me my new symptom, lately. I'm also doing the Cowden protocol.

I'll keep everyone posted.

BTW - I don't sell these items nor do I have any affiliation to the company.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad to hear you had good results. I'm planning on asking Dr. W about it as a continued maintenance. Did you end up with the one from Elixa?

Keep the news coming [Smile]

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I bought it from Elixa - $295 includes shipping. I got it in 3 days.

The guy there is very nice. I had a long conversation with him a couple weeks ago about LEDs & other things.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he's great. Told me all about DMSO etc. Did he tell you where and where not to use the light on your body?

I've talked with so many people about the devices they make I can't keep them straight. Someone mentioned not using it on your head because of the heat.

Did he say anything about that? He did tell me he wants to learn more about LD.

That would be good - the more the better.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news sparkle and we'll be following your progress. I remember GiGi saying the 880 immediately balances the endocrine system. You'll sleep better and have more energy when your awake. Based on Marnies posts, infected cells will terminate the intruders regaining normalcy. We'll see! And happy for your results.

Items to post about, sleep, digestion, daytime energy, and inflamation.

If you have the money Nanadubo go for it. It could be a good idea just to have, considering all the research we've done.

Oxygenbabe could start using hers and report back in a similar way. It would add to what we know.

I almost ordered one for myself today. But I was moving my son back to school today. He's doing a one year masters program.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

The IR side doesn't get very hot. It feels more like warm penetration but it's not hot. Maybe the red side gets warm... I haven't tried it yet.

It would be interesting if someone tries both the LightWorks & the Bionic & can compare them.

I can't see how the Bionic 880 can be all that different. It's maybe a little more intense since it has something like 80 LEDs as compared to 55 with the LightWorks.

Maybe you can use the LightWorks for a little longer? I think they do 395 seconds (why they use that measurement, I don't know) - 6.58 minutes on each point.

I tried 5 minutes to start off with. I didn't want to overdo it.

Feeling kind of achey today & a bit weird. I don't know what it's from. I didn't do much & I went for a walk. Feeling kind of discombobulated... it's hard to get focused on much of anything.

May be the treatment or it may be the Lyme. It's hard to tell.

Did the guy at Elixa tell you where not to use it? Can you reply? I didn't get that info.

They don't say anything in the directions that came with the device. I guess they can't... There a little paper that says it's for use for plants!

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew why they are doing each spot (ear lobes, wrists, umbilicus) for 365 seconds each (approx. 6 and 1/2 minutes). I emailed an "expert" on this...awaiting and hoping for his reply.

Keep us informed and I'm crossing my fingers (and saying a prayer) for you!

How important is # of diodes...diodes?

"There are a number of different electronic devices which tend to be called diodes. Although they're made differently they all have three things in common.
They have two leads like a resistor.
The current they pass depends upon the voltage between the leads.
They do not obey Ohm's law!"

Shoot...and I had a horrible time learning about all the hormones, neurotransmitters...now I have to try to learn and remember all of this stuff too? YIKES. ;-)

I wonder how your machine would compare to the one I saw on the internet:

http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnjonscpo

Besides price. The above is $904.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: Lumen Photon

Compare the technical info. They seem quite similar. I posted the comparison on the other thread. I don't see why it's $600 more...

I couldn't afford $900 so I didn't give it alot of thought - especially, since they seemed very similar.

PS - thanks Marnie (re: prayer)... we all need it!

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good thread.

Here is the comparison of the two products:

LightWorks by SOTA:

Red LEDs(@650nm)output ~197 mW Total;
NIR LEDs(@880nm)output ~228 mW Total.

Price: $285.00

Light Therapy Lumen Photon-90:

Red LEDs(@650nm)output ~5,200 mW Total;
NIR LEDs(@880nm)output ~5,000 mw Total.

Price:$904.00

So the power output is more than 20 times, but the price is just 3 times.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Very interesting!

Do we really need this, though?

LightWorks - 32 minutes = 254 Joules (7.93 per minute)

*LED output power measured on a Newport Optical Model 1830-C, Optical Power Meter

-----

Lumen - 1 joule/square cm in 16 seconds = (3.75 joules per minute)

---

I'm not sure what this means but is brighter better? The cells can only absorb so much light.

Maybe you need to use the LightWorks for longer to achieve the same results?

I don't know... money is a big issue for me, though. I couldn't afford the more expensive unit.

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try mine soon and report back.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It more likely has to do with penetration. How far into the body it has to go to cascade affects.

I'm not sure about the mega wattage difference and the resulting effectual difference. This is more the realm of biophysics. It would be great if a biophysics expert were reading this and would comment.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I found this on a website that sells equipment for horses -

Low Energy Photo Therapy is nothing new.

The ancient Greeks knew light therapy has the power to heal; they put sick patients in the sun to aid the curing process, and for generations, premature babies in American hospitals have been treated with UV light to counter the effects of jaundice.

Today, pulsed LED (light emitting diode) equipment for the veterinary world has become widespread and virtually mainstream. For over twenty years, Veterinarians have used Low Energy Photo Therapy on injured performance horses in all disciplines. Vets and trainers also use light therapy as a post-training or post-performance maintenance protocol.

In the 1960's, French physician Paul Nogier found that different types of living tissue are in resonance at various frequencies, and in 1982, Dan Parris of CEFCO Electronics began manufacturing LED's that pulsed with the frequencies Dr. Nogier identified.

A new digital and re-engineered version of Parris's Low Energy Photo Therapy product is again manufactured by CEFCO and marketed by world-renown horse trainer Dan Sumerel under the name of STS-2.

Low Energy Photo Therapy has been shown in over 40 years of independent research worldwide to deliver powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissues and organisms.

Both visible red and infrared light have been shown to effect at least 24 different positive changes at a cellular level. Visible red light penetrates tissue to a depth of about 8-10 mm.

NASA and U. S. Special Forces have found that Low Energy Photo Therapy is very beneficial in treating problems close to the surface such as wounds, cuts, scars, trigger and acupuncture points and is particularly effective in treating infections.

Infrared light penetrates to a depth of over 23mm which makes it more effective for bones, joints, deep muscles, and connective tissue.

Different cell types have their own unique light absorption characteristics; that is, they absorb light best when pulsed at specific frequencies.

For instance, skin layers, because of their ectodermic origin, absorb red light at 292 Hz, while calcium and phosphorus (bone) absorb light of a different frequency, 1168 Hz.

Although both red and infrared wavelengths penetrate to different depths and affect tissues differently, their therapeutic effects are similar.

Treating points on the body with Low Energy Photo Therapy can also have a significant effect on remote and internal areas of the body through the stimulation of nerves, acupuncture points and trigger points which perform a function somewhat like transmission cables.

Since the first pulsed LED devices for animals were manufactured in 1982, there have been no reported side effects from Low Energy Photo Therapy.

Occasionally, one may experience an increase in pain for a short period of time after treating chronic conditions. This occurs as the body reestablishes new equilibrium following treatment. It's a phenomenon that may occur as part of the normal process of recovery.

Light Therapy has been given many names: Phototherapy, Photon Therapy, Red Light Therapy, Infra-red Light Therapy, Pulsed LED Therapy, Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and Low Energy Photo Therapy (LEPT).

We use the term Low Energy Photo Therapy or LEPT, because we've found that it best describes the actual protocol, since lasers are not required to achieve the desired response.

A study done by the Mayo Clinic in 1989 found that the results of light therapy are a direct effect of light itself, generated at specific wavelengths, and are not necessarily a function of the characteristics of coherency and polarization associated with lasers.

Dr. Jeffrey Basford found that the coherent aspect of laser may not be the source of its therapeutic effect.

He states, "Firstly, the stimulating effects are reported following irradiation with non-laser sources and secondly, tissue scattering, as well as fiber optic delivery systems used in many experiments rapidly degrade coherency . . .

Thus any effects produced by low-energy lasers may be due to the effects of light in general and not to the unique properties of lasers.

This view is not difficult to accept when it is remembered that wave-length dependent photo biochemical reactions occur throughout nature and are involved in such things as vision, photosynthesis, tanning and Vitamin D metabolism. In this view, laser therapy is really a form of light therapy, and lasers are important in that they are convenient sources of intense light at wavelengths that stimulate specific physiological functions.''1

The 1989 study showed LEDs and LASERS are simply convenient devices for producing electromagnetic radiation at specific wavelengths, and in addition to the one already cited, several other studies establish that it is the light itself at specific wavelengths that is therapeutic in nature and not the machine which produces it.

A Stanford University study on light therapy found that, ``Lasers are just convenient machines that produce radiation.

It is the radiation that produces the photo-biological and/or photo-physical effects and therapeutic gains, not the machines, and radiation must be absorbed to produce a chemical or physical change, which results in a biological response."2

This research proves that there is no correlation between the machine and the biological response. All biological systems have a unique absorption spectrum which determines what wavelengths and frequencies of radiation will be absorbed to produce a given therapeutic effect.

The visible red and infrared portions of the spectrum have been shown to have highly absorbent and unique therapeutic effects in living tissues.

Physical Benefits of Low Energy Photo Therapy:

1. Stimulates the production of Nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide (NO) is a gas that is the key vehicle required for oxygen transport to the tissues, the transmission of nerve impulses, and other physiological activities. It is the increase in NO production that provides for the increased vascularity, lymphatic activity, ATP release and efficiency of nerve tissue.

2. Low Energy Photo Therapy increases circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.

3. Stimulates production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site.

4. Stimulates the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before it is utilized by the cells. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. J Clin Laser Med Surg 1998 Jun;16(3):159-65

5. Increases lymphatic system activity. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part which can be evacuated by the blood system and the second is comprised of the proteins, which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of Low Energy Photo Therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.

6. Reduces the excitability of nervous tissue. The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions like calcium among others to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain.

7. Stimulates fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.

8. Increases phagocytosis, which is the process by which the body disposes of dead or degenerated cells. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.

9. Induces a thermal like effect in the tissue. The light raises the temperature of the cells although there is no heat produced from the diodes themselves.

10. Stimulates tissue degranulation of mast cells, which is part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue. Lasers Surg Med 1996;19(4):433-7

11. Stimulates acetylcholine release. Acetylcholine causes cardiac inhibition, vasodilatation, gastrointestinal peristalsis and other parasympathetic effects.

-----

It would make sense that more is better but it seems that the wavelength is the important thing.

I don't know. Does anyone have any ideas whether more is better?

A plant is not going to grow if it doesn't get enough light. For the human body - how much is enough?

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just awesome news. I'm going to germany in sept for treatment with the Bionic 880. this gets me so excited [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more comments

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lightworks from Elixa is on backorder. Must be a lot of people with lyme trying it out! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yeah... I called the guy @ Elixa & told him I was posting info about my treatments so far...

I wish I was getting a commission!

Maybe I'll start selling them at some point in the future...

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody tired this:

http://photoman.bizland.com/order.html

Dual 660/880 Array
With total 96 LEDS
1/2 red, 1/2 infrared

$124.95 plus shipping
Click to Order

One of each of the 880nm and the 660nm arrays together in one box.
 -

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

I decided to go for the Lightworks even though I have my Germany appointments set up. Why not start now?

Seems like I got the last one until he gets his next shipment.

I asked him if his business had a surge recently and he said "yes, in fact a woman who ordered one recently just called to let me know it was working well."

Figured that might be you Sparkle [Wink]

I couldn't bring myself to order the $900 version from the other company. Well, I could bring myself but wallet couldn't.

I'm looking forward to it's arrival and what the difference feels like with it and the big gun in Germany.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Dave - the only difference with other devices & the LED array you posted is that it doesn't have the Nogier frequencies.

I don't know if this is a big issue or not. If that's what you can afford - go for it.

Let us know if you have results. I suspect that you may have good results with or without the frequencies.

We just don't know if that's a big issue.

Please let us know if you do buy it & try it so it may help others.

---

Yes - I did call him & let him know, NanaDubo.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Sparkle

Any more results to comment on??

I sure hope it's going well [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - We do not know if this will be a "cure" yet!

I am still getting good results. I'm actually pretty fatigued but that's supposed to happen - even with the Bionic 880 treatment.

I guess we will know in a few months if this will actually be a cure.

If you do try this treatment - take it easy & go slow. Don't overdo it.

I think it's working but it's still too soon for me to tell if it's really a cure.

If the spirocohetes are dying you may overburden your detoxification routes.

Be sure to drink lots of water & take baths in Epsom salt or do whatever you do to detox.

Don't over do it, though. I think the light is strong stuff so just take it easy.

Do shorter treatments over time to allow your body to process the changes taking place.

I'm not sure what will happen if you use this therapy in conjunction with other modalities - especially antibiotics.

Just be careful!

Dr. W in Germany doesn't use any other treatments, drugs while using this therapy except homeopathics, from what I have read.

Just proceed with caution.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Another note - I decided to continue the full Cowden herbs while doing this LightWorks treatment.

I'll post here if I stop them. Sometimes I take a couple of days off if I'm herxing or have too much going on with my health.

I'm also taking a multi-vitamin & some other supplements like an alpha lipoic combination, coconut oil, fish oil & a few other things on & off.

I am also still taking small amounts of oxycontin for pain & Excedrin if I get a headache.

So far I've noticed some additional fatigue as my biggest new symptom from using the infrared light.

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

The fatigue sounds reasonable. Dr. W's office told me there are two days between each treatment he does with the bionic800.

Maybe that's one of the reasons, maybe there are more.

I'll be glad when we all know more about this.

I think I will definitely start slowly with my Lightwork - thanks for the heads up Sparkle.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

FYI to all

These units are available on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=LightWorks&category0=

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Sparkle, thank you for your pioneering role on trying the Lightworks device, which inspired me to look into this matter more seriously.

I used a similar device called Thermotex which gave me the biggest herx ever and I had to stop using it for a while.

Recently, I feel some setback and I tried it again, which helped obviously but with less herx.

In retrospect, I think it's working and can kill pathogens in the body and of course herx may happen.

Now by reading the posts from you and others, and surfing the web, I have been convinced that exploring the IFR LEDs especially combined with a computer frequency generator may be my next endeavor.

Dave

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get the Lumen device straight from the manufacturer for $849. Same thing Heliohealth is selling for $904.

http://www.lumenphoton.com/

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered one. [Smile] The first listing on ebay is an authorized dealer, it's $290 with free shipping. He's sending it out Monday.

Gosh, steel, if this works, maybe we'll save a boatload of money and not have to go to Germany! (I can go to Spain to visit my daughter instead) [Wink]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I've been using the LightWorks on the inside of my wrists, heart area, belly button area, forehead, crown of my head & any other place where I have aches & pains.

I use it for about 5 minutes on each place but sometimes I go a bit longer if it feels good or less if it's not essential.

Someone e-mailed me & said it's not good to use it on your thyroid & on closed eyes for very long. Your thyroid is in the front of the neck in case you don't know. I had to look it up on Wikipedia.

I did try it on my eyes closed but I just used it for about a minute. It actually felt good since I think I have spirochetes there. I don't want to overdo it.

I skipped yesterday since I was feeling tired. I haven't herxed from using my device. I just feel less pain & a bit fatigued. Everyone responds differently to treatments, though.

From what I've read, people with dark skin may need to use it longer. I think darker skin absorbs light differently.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

I ordered mine as well. Since the order goes through Sota we might be on back ordered on this item. I sure hope not.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to him on the phone, he said he'd mail one on Monday, so I think he carries them in stock.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Just had my first treatment with the lightworks. Nothing to report yet except I do notice some positive changes, hard to quantify. As far as thyroid, I suspect its ok to use it there. Remember it is non-thermal to the tissues so it doesn't destroy cells. I intend to use it for 5 minutes there a couple of times a week.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Good going, Bob!

It's kind of subtle... but for me, I just noticed less pain. I was a bit discombobulated after the first treatment, too.

It will be interesting to see what everyone reports! This is so exciting!!!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

So is anyone going to incorporate the nosodes with the lightworks treatment?

I've read that the 660 nm is good for wrinkles, so if nothing else, if we all use that side, too, we'll look younger. [Wink]

--------------------

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far infrared HELMET:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=32

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/95334.php

Not penetrate? Apparently it does.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17162656

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/news_and_events/proceedings/nirs_workshop.htm (second paragraph)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

That's great news Marnie, the 880nm frequency easily passes through bone. So those using chakra points such as crown of the head and third eye, not to worry it is getting past the bone and doing what is suppose.

If we're using infrared to get results past the bone into the brain. Don't think worrying about thyroid is just a bit moot. The scare on thyroid was generated from using hot lasers not cold lasers. Hot lasers will destroy tissue. As long as you don't go over 6 minutes per location, it should be safe. Otherwise the Dr. in Germany probably using a much more powerful unit wouldn't do it.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Someone here has accused me of "dragging" this thread to the top & being "hysterical" about posting about this form of therapy.

Quote:

"Posting updates once a week should be enough...several times per day makes people think that you're getting hysterical over it."

What do you think?

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're excited. I'm interested. Don't worry about that person, who can just not open the thread and SOB. Don't deprive everybody just because one person is a sourpuss.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

It is generally thought:

antibiotics to destroy bacteria

antivirals to destroy viruses

What about flesh eating staph? What about SARS and HIV?

We are dealing with some very very very dangerous pathogens.

We have to think "outside of the box".

I am very hopeful that far infrared therapy will, in time, prove to be effective for destroying Bb without harming us.

This therapy DOES indeed have merit worth exploring.

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Sparkle I absolutely love hearing from you. Post every hour as far as i'm concerned [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Today, I'm feeling very well! I didn't have to take any pain meds so far.

Thanks for the support. I do not make any money off of any of this.

I am very interested in all of this & I spend quite a great deal of my time researching things that can be useful to me & I like to share what I find.

I'm am not obsessed nor am I hysterical. I am also not a scientist or doctor. I have lost my life as I knew it due to this illness.

Many of us have spent their life savings on trying to get well - myself included. I know in my heart that there is a way to get well.

I think this may be it!

I've been trying many, many things for the past 10 years & I've spent tens of thousands of dollars. I have never come across anything that has helped me as much as this device.

I am just putting my experiences out there & my research so it will help others. I do not know if it's a cure but it's helped me tremendously in the past week.

Nothing has ever helped me like this in the past 10 + years that I've been ill.

You bet I'm excited!!!

PS - Yes, I agree. We do have to think outside of the box.

ALSO - We all owe GiGi a big thank you! She pointed us in the right direction.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

quote:
Posting updates once a week should be enough...several times per day makes people think that you're getting hysterical over it.

My comment : post as often as you like to make the right moves to get well. Why is this forum for anyways, is the search for the holy grail of health.

By the way, just one time over the 11 points 6 minutes each yesterday. A few other choice spots with 660nm side and I have very few symptoms today. My energy has increased enormously. I know Marnie would appreciate that. Marnie if you can, by all means get one to use for your sister, I know we are all praying for her.

Just some thoughts to all. You know those supplements we've been taking to no avail, trust me when I say this modality makes them all much more effective. The reason, your body has the energy to use them.

Symptom improvement, little or no leg pain now. I slept 7 hours last night. Headaches I've been experiencing, hardly noticeable. Tendinitus and joint pain, very much improved. Improved digestion. The biggest improvement is a big energy increase during the day.

This is my testimonial after one treatment. It is by far the most effective treatment option I've used thus far.

This is just one testimonial, I'm sure there will be others.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Please look at the links I'm posting here -

New links for healing with light.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068624

There are so many studies on how effective this treatment is for so many different ailments.

It's not a placebo or some kind of fraud. It's just been suppressed for a long time. People aren't used to thinking about healing with light rather then using drugs & surgery.

Since LEDs are less expensive now, we can use this modality to treat ourselves.

It's also good if we can find practicioners, too, for more advanced treatments with lasers & other related techniques.

There is a level of treatment we can do by ourselves at home by using LEDs.

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Sparkle, Marnie, GiGi, Scott, and all those who have researched and promoted light healing. I find this a very interesting subject and informative posts.

While I have been symptom free for about eight months now, I will be watching this thread, reading and pursuing this as an option for improved and continued good health.

I am also interested in the possibility of treating my children with this therapy. They test negative for lyme, yet there are a few symptoms, and I'm never entirely sure.

By the way, I climbed to the top of the mountain and skiied down today, to celebrate the independence weekend. There is life after lyme!

With respect for the many great healing options and opportunities...

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Your post lighted up my heart in celebration.

I am so happy you are feeling well enough to enjoy life!!!

HONEST.

I wish I could convince my sister's family to let her give this a try...

Lord knows I've tried and tried and tried.

I need you all to think why I might be up against opposition, 'cause I can't post the reason.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Relapsed today, hoping for better tomorrow.

--------------------
Bob

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by sparkle7:
Someone here has accused me of "dragging" this thread to the top & being "hysterical" about posting about this form of therapy.

What do you think?

I think a lot of us on this thread could be considered hysterical then. [Wink] Keep posting .... there are many of us reading. [Big Grin]

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Still feeling better & better!!!

NO HERXING !

It's just amazing. I've been in pain for 10 years. For the last 2-3 years, I've had to take oxycontin every day to function.

I didn't have to take any oxycontin today!

This is a big thing.

GREAT NEWS, Bejoy! I think I may be seeing the "light" at the end of the tunnel, too.

I'm actually thinking about what I'd like to do in the future. Going through serious pain for so long is really a mind trip.

Sorry you're ill, Bob. Hope your LightWorks arrives soon.

(PS - my mistake... you tried it already. Keep using it but don't overdo it. It takes time to heal! I think you will feel better in time but everyone is different. I hope it will work for you as good as it has for me.)

[ 07. July 2008, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: sparkle7 ]

Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please sparkle post as many time as you want.Yes we are all reading these postings every day.

Can yo uplease include the points that you use.
Which are 11 poitn s correctly.

B y the way .I had a red wand light to be used that came with my EM6+ machine.

GoD knows why I never used it before...( have no idea why not) .Went back to that book that exsplains about the light and how it worked.

Why in the word never paid attention to reread it since 1 year ago I was a NOBRAINER!

Boy it has so many links...-I will post them when I have time.

I am going to use it for myself now.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Don't forget - you need to use infrared light in the range of 880 nm. I don't know if the other wavelengths of light will work.

Regular red light is 660 nm & is used for different purposes.

FYI -------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068656

There are other devices people can try, too. I have a LightWorks but people can use other devices if they want to try them out.

It's just that the LightWork seemed to have all the best qualities for the least amount of money.

I try different Nogier frequencies when I use the device. Here's a listing of the frequencies & what they are associated with:

1. (Frequency F, 73 Hz) For use when cellular activity is hypoactive, such as chronic recurring problems, nonunion fractures and chronic splints and for stimulation of osteoid. It is also helpful in activating humoral and endocrine functions. Field work has shown setting 1 helpful in stimulating (tonifying) acupuncture and trigger points and increasing circulation in areas being treated, such as wounds when past the acute stage.

2. (Frequency G, 147 Hz) For areas of yellow scar tissue that are generally formed internally on tendons, ligaments and sub-acute (lingering but not chronic) conditions. Field use has shown setting 2 to be helpful in reducing inflammation associated with injuries and infections. This is often called the universal frequency because most problems involve inflammation.

3. (Frequency A, 294 Hz.) For tissue of ectodermal origin, such as body openings, skin and nerve. Field applications include wounds, eye injuries and after surgery. Setting 3 tends to tone tissue while minimizing the chance of hemorrhaging fresh wounds or recent surgical sites. It is also good for the treatment of acupuncture and trigger points, corneal ulcers and ulcerated mucous membranes. This is called the universal frequency in acupuncture.

4. (Frequency B, 587 Hz.) This frequency appears to be most effective for neuropathy, but also for circulatory and lymphatic stimulation and treatment of tissue of endodermal origin, such as GI tract, liver and pancreas. In field applications, setting 4 has been used in conjunction with 5 and 2 for tendon, ligament, joint and other injuries where reaching secondary levels of tissue is needed.

5. (Frequency C, 1174 Hz.) For tissue of mesodermal origin, such as bone, joints, ligament, viscera and tendon. Field experience has shown setting 5 to be especially good for tendon and ligament injuries when used with 4 and 2. It also helps in relaxing large muscle groups.

6. (Frequency D, 2349 Hz.) For chronic conditions not responsive to setting 3 or 5. Field experience shows setting 6 to be a good supplement to 3 when healing processes appear to reach a plateau.

7. (Frequency E, 4698 Hz.) For pain control, primarily when C nerve fibers are transmitting to dorsal root ganglia and when involvement of neurotransmitters is of physiological importance. Field experience shows 7 to help suppress pain and to sedate acupuncture and trigger points and aid in diminishing excess calcification associated with chips, spurs and arthritic conditions.

The relevant settings for some patients are:

* �#2 for anti-inflammatory effects
* �#3 for nerve involvement
* �#4 to improve circulation
* �#5 to encourage new bone growth
* �#7 for pain (if applicable)

----

I haven't used it long enough to determine a pattern, yet.

I use the light on:

both inside wrists
heart area
forehead
crown of the head
belly button area
both ears

not in any particular order

I also use it on any area I'm having pain with such as shoulder blades, lower back, back of the neck, ovaries & uterus, gums, etc.

Probably, the feet are good to do or any acupuncture points you may be familiar with that help you.

I use it for 5 minutes in each spot or a little longer if it feels good.

Some days I skip it. I don't know if it's necessary to do it every day. I guess you have to see if you are overdoing it or if you need it more. I think you can tell if you "listen" to your body.

It also may be slightly sore if you overdo it. It's not a big thing & it goes away in a day.

The first time I used it, I felt a bit discombobulated for the next day or so.

I think it's best to go slow at first & see how you respond. Everyone is different.

Don't forget to drink lots of water & do some light exercise if you can.

Get the lymph moving. I like to do some rebounding.

NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates from those using this device would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up. i'm interested as well.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I probably average an hour a day with lightworks. I had very strong and nasty reactions in the beginning. I don't seem to have much of that now.

I've noticed I've just physically improved about 5% so far. My legs especially calves would be in constant pain. I've got maybe 5 or 6 hours of discomfort. I think it bought an hour of sleep each night. And, I just feel a little more normal. Maybe some might have more or less of an effect as I have.

I've been using all frequencies and the 660 and 880. I kind of let my feelings dictate what I do and trust it.

--------------------
Bob

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread up for Lightwork information.
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement