LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Uh oh....bulls eye rash on my leg

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uh oh....bulls eye rash on my leg
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I noticed I had a bulls eye rash on my leg. I wasn't sure if that's what it was, so I googled it and sure enough...that's what came up!!

So, could it be from treatment? Or could it be because I was bit when I was at Lake Arrowhead last weekend?! [Eek!]

I feel pretty terrible today, but don't know if that's a herx or not. I have a headache, sore throat, and all over body pain (worse than normal).

So if it is a new bite...what on earth do I do????

Posts: 215 | From Student | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you currently under treatment?

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KN

Most likely you have new infection-

3 months ago I was reinfected -
Found a fat tick running across my hand-

I started getting real sick and them
found the bullseye on my elbow-

at the time I was on Low dose of ABX-
so I had to Increase my ABX Dose-

I was perty sick for 2 months after bite-

Now 3 months latter I am feeling good again-

You should Increase ABX dose if possible -

Hope this helps you--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently under treatment, yes. I'm on IV rocephin, mepron and zithromax.

Ugh, I really hope it didn't screw me over by carrying something I'm not being treated for.

Are we having fun yet!? [dizzy]

Posts: 215 | From Student | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! No doubt! But atleast you are currently under tx and can kick anything that hits...hopefully nothing new!!!!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd take a picture so you can show your LLMD. Otherwise, if you're on Rocephin, I wouldn't worry too much. But see what your LLMD says for sure!

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would see doctor again, I would take pictures, I would coat iodine solution all over the area.

Iodine was shown very effective bug killing agent my natpath tells me.

SHE uses it.

I would not consider abx alone enough.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking a picture is a great idea! Email it to your LLMD. He might want to add something for a new bite.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

I did take pictures of it. I sent a pic to my LLMD. I will call on Monday just to make sure he received it and to see if there's anything he wants to do.

It is still there today, but it has changed shape. It is now almost all white instead of red with white around it.

Sigh...just what I needed, another thing to have to take care of.

von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the extra stress.

Your question: a new bite or could it be from treatment? It could easily be from either. Look up 'secondary EM'

I had a classic bull's eye when I was bit, then two years of treatment later, I got a new one on my back along with increased symptoms. Absolutely no bite. I had not been outside for days.

Can you see a bite mark at all? (tiny break in the skin?)

Please describe what your rash looked like when you first saw it, and HOW it has changed. Is it expanding and fading? Borders different?

Also, how long have you been on IV abx?

Hang in there! Keep us posted.

Von

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

I called my LLMD and he called me back. He said that it is possible I got re-bit because I was in Lake Arrowhead about a week ago, and it is an endemic area.

I've been on the Rocephin for about a month now. He said that it's possible it's a secondary rash/herx from the Rocephin.

Because I'm on IV's, he said there's not much we really need to change. I see him this week, so he said he wants to see how I feel and then we'll decide if there's anything we need to change.

His concern is that it transmitted something I am not being treated for. So we'll see how I feel.

I did not see a break in the skin. It was at least an inch big...not perfectly circular.

It looked almost exactly like this:
http://tinyurl.com/5uws4v

Overnight it changed from pink to white. It was raised and it did go down a bit overnight. Once I infused it was gone fairly shortly after.

It did change shape from last night to this morning...became less circular and more spread out. Then, like I said, pretty much gone after I infused.

Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groovy2, I'm wondering if the tick running across your hand was another one that didn't bite you?

I'm asking because I never saw a tick and just had a round red spot about the size of a quarter. No bullseye. There was never anything in the middle like a burrowed tick might look,

And I thought they were supposed to be attached to your body for so many hours while they did their thing? Or can they bite and detach which would be the reason it was fat?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right after I got bit, on my back, I got strange rashes on my arm pits. I thought NOTHING of it.

When I went on Doxy and Amoxy together, months after the original bite, both of those rashes on my armpits turned into distinct bull's eye rashes. I have pictures to prove it.

I hadn't been outside for DAYS, maybe weeks, and I know for a fact I wasn't bitten again, twice, underneath my arms.

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marz

I figure the tick I saw running across my hand
was the tick that bit me -

thats why it was so fat-

It bit me on my elbow and I had been wearing
long sleeve shirts at the time--

At least half the people with lyme Do Not See
a bullseye - reasons

Bit on Back or in areas covered by hair ect-
bullseye may be very small -

You do Not feel the tick bite because the tick
also puts out a chemical that deadens the skin-

My first bullseye was on the back of my leg
was the size of a grapefruit-6 inches across

Second bullseye was much smaller about
2 inches across -Jay-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twin2Jen
Member # 14646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twin2Jen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear KN,
Thank goodness you are already being treated! [Smile] It is a good possibility you were bitten at Lake Arrowhead. Regardless, your doctor sounds like he has a good idea of how to deal with this. What a relief! [Big Grin] Keep us updated!

Sincerely,
Jen

--------------------
Asthma-1993
IBS-1999
Acid Reflux-1999
Ovarian Cysts-2000
Fibromyalgia-2001
Thyroid Disease-2004
Celiac Disease-2007

Posts: 9 | From Evansville | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement